Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 187 of 199 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2976
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeman View Post
    Well, if nothing, glad my post got the forum riled up a little bit. It almost seemed like it was just dead for the longest time.

Either way, Sammy has looked damn good this pre-season. Accurate, sharp and everything I think he will be this season. Our first team offense has looked damn good.

Its my opinion, this Wentz trade was a huge gamble, and a huge overpay. We keep our pick this year at 8, we land Hargreaves. Just FYI, a quick excerpt on Hargreaves.

Again, I get that the haters will come back and say this is just the pre-season, but he's shown great flashes of his elite talent and ability.

We also lost a 3rd and 4th this year, and we lost our 1st and 3rd next year. Losing our first next year definitely cost us a great chance at landing an elite prospect. If we hit on a couple of those other picks, we lost out on potential young and talented depth. Our pass catchers with DGB look like they can do some serious damage, with Matthews, DGB, Ertz leading the charge. DGB is a Calvin Johnson type talent, just needs the direction. Agholor has looked like ****, but I do believe he will improve in the regular season.

We basically gave up a HUGE amount to get to the #2 pick and sit this dude when we could have had in my eyes an elite defensive prospect in our secondary to fill probably the biggest hole on this team. Whether you like it or not, Bradford has shown when healthy he can be a quality NFL starting QB. We did not need Wentz to win a Superbowl, we needed to add as many pieces as possible to our defense which was coming along nicely, and now we gave up 5 chances in the form of draft picks to do that.
    Too bad, I liked Hargreaves. Roseman has made his bet though and it will determine his longevity as an NFL GM. I expect the Eagles D-Line to devour O-Line's this year and it would have been nice to add a young stud CB to put on a #1-2 WR to lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    What's your currency?

Let's go that they won't pick top 5, since that what you claim. I don't think we are playoff bound, .500 though.
    Lmaooo talk about back tracking so hard, I called you out on your 8,9 win claims and you switch it to something your a lil less scared of.
    This is why people shouldn't talk out their *** and claim stuff like big shots.

As for currency its not fair for you to bet 100 US and me to bet 100 CAD since your dollar is worth more.

Ill give you two options.
    We can bet they wont win 8 or 9 games like you claim.
    Or we can bet that they'll give Cleveland a top 10 pick.

Which one

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeman View Post
    In other Eagles news...

1) Saw an article suggesting Sam Bradford to the Broncos. The Broncos are starting some no name 7th rounder on an all time great defense. Sam Bradford on that team probably wins them another SB. If Elway comes calling, I would try and snag a 1st from them.

2) We cut Chris Givens and Randle. Sad, but expected.

3) One of our rookie LBs who we signed undrafted, and apparently had a good shot to make the team came out and said he would follow Kaepernick's footsteps. His name is Myke Tavvares. He has since came out and apologized, but the fire storm has already been created.

This type of controversy and BS is the last thing this team needs.
    Like I said before the off season started, Bradford+Broncos should've been a no brainer.
    Instead they wasted a first, whatever we got for Sanchez and a 7th for ? Marks at the most important position.
    Whereas if they just gave us that first or a 2nd and 3rd, they would've been absolutely fine.
    Elway pooched it.
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Lmaooo talk about back tracking so hard, I called you out on your 8,9 win claims and you switch it to something your a lil less scared of.
    This is why people shouldn't talk out their *** and claim stuff like big shots.

As for currency its not fair for you to bet 100 US and me to bet 100 CAD since your dollar is worth more.

Ill give you two options.
    We can bet they wont win 8 or 9 games like you claim.
    Or we can bet that they'll give Cleveland a top 10 pick.

Which one

Like I said before the off season started, Bradford+Broncos should've been a no brainer.
    Instead they wasted a first, whatever we got for Sanchez and a 7th for ? Marks at the most important position.
    Whereas if they just gave us that first or a 2nd and 3rd, they would've been absolutely fine.
    Elway pooched it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    Bradfords ceiling now isn't the same as it was when he was drafted. His current ceiling is lower than both Goff and Wentz.
    This. If they all came out the same year then sure, Bradford still goes #1.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This. If they all came out the same year then sure, Bradford still goes #1.
    you do know that those two items cannot be true at the same time ... hopefully, you draft a player higher based on what you value the ceiling of that player to be and their body of work to that point, it is age independent.

bradford's WINDOW is smaller, but his ceiling as a player is still higher ... unless we completely refuse to have any offensive linemen to protect bradford, then ceiling doesn't matter anymore, nothing matters then.

Bradford doesn't have a high ceiling anymore, at all. his ceiling is a top 12 QB now and hes unlikely to even live up to that

Official 2016 Off Season Thread - Philadelphia Eagles Edition

Seeing that Teddy is out for the year. Would you trade Bradford to Minny? For what in return ? They were project to take the division / a for sure wild card team.

Your on.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
    Seeing that Teddy is out for the year. Would you trade Bradford to Minny? For what in return ? They were project to take the division / a for sure wild card team.
    Hell ya, itd be a no brainer.
    Howies patience and intelligence might pay of nicely.
    If Bridgewaters injury is atleast a season plus, then Bradford would be perfect.

Im sad because I was going to lay money on Vikings as division/SB darkhorses.

But it'd be silly for them to stand still.

A 1+4/5 is what i'd ask for.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Hell ya, itd be a no brainer.
    Howies patience and intelligence might pay of nicely.
    If Bridgewaters injury is atleast a season plus, then Bradford would be perfect.

Im sad because I was going to lay money on Vikings as division/SB darkhorses.

But it'd be silly for them to stand still.

A 1+4/5 is what i'd ask for.
    I wouldn't settle for anything less than at least a 1. This could be a perfect scenario for Howie. A contender loses their QB before the season starts with no viable back-up.

Getting your (hopefully) franchise QB while getting a 1st round pick is money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I still don't think any team is giving up a first for Bradford let alone a first plus. Denver rather start a 7th round pick from a year ago with 0 upside who wasn't even good in college then trade for Bradford.

I still don't think any team is giving up a first for Bradford let alone a first plus. Denver rather start a 7th round pick from a year ago with 0 upside who wasn't even good in college then trade for Bradford.
    Without using the word injury or using boxscores, tell me why Bradford is a bad QB. What is it as a QB that he doesn't do?

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

It

It
    So basically the same non-sensical rabble babble that others use when putting Bradford down, yet have no valid reasons to support it.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

well I never said hes 'bad'. he is and has been consistently mediocre for his career and that's no secret. All I did was point out that Denver doesn't seem to think that high of him.