Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 139 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2145
    The Queen's Gambit: 9/10

Really good/great. I played chess competitively as a kid, played in a bunch of tournaments, actually won a couple of them too, so seeing the tournament aspect of it in action like this was kinda cool. I'm impressed with how well made this was and how intense some of the games were, which feels like an odd thing to say about chess. The backstory and build up to the last few episodes was so good too. The final episode and how it all tied together was pretty much perfect.

Very enjoyable series and I look forward to whatever Scott Frank does next. This and Godless have been great limited series.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    The Queen's Gambit: 9/10

Really good/great. I played chess competitively as a kid, played in a bunch of tournaments, actually won a couple of them too, so seeing the tournament aspect of it in action like this was kinda cool. I'm impressed with how well made this was and how intense some of the games were, which feels like an odd thing to say about chess. The backstory and build up to the last few episodes was so good too. The final episode and how it all tied together was pretty much perfect.

Very enjoyable series and I look forward to whatever Scott Frank does next. This and Godless have been great limited series.
    Godless was sooo good and not many people have watched it, but I love westerns and this was maybe the best western series I seen in a very long time.

The Shield - S4 - 9/10 Best season so far, Anthony Anderson was awesome and a standout that season.

I am currently watching The West Wing pretty early into season 4. I like the show and being an independent I don't feel too much bias one way or the other. I just enjoy the show. The thing that sucks Netflix just said its being removed on the 24th so now I gotta really power watch it.

Fargo season 4: meh/10... maybe a 6?

Season started out strong, but went downhill in a hurry, became too predictable, and almost none of the characters are likable. Might be time to end this series.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Fargo season 4: meh/10... maybe a 6?

Season started out strong, but went downhill in a hurry, became too predictable, and almost none of the characters are likable. Might be time to end this series.
    I didn't think the season started particularly strong but basically agree with this summary. Would probably give it more like a 6.5-7 though. It wasn't bad per say, more so disappointing (which I could also say about the previous season; though the previous season was a bit better than this most recent one).

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I didn't think the season started particularly strong but basically agree with this summary. Would probably give it more like a 6.5-7 though. It wasn't bad per say, more so disappointing (which I could also say about the previous season; though the previous season was a bit better than this most recent one).
    I was more intrigued by the characters early on and thought a few had some real promising subplots. As the season went on, most of them became less and less interesting and the show itself was more conventional than any other season.

It's the worst season for me, by a pretty fair margin too. Season 3 wasn't great, but at least they took some chances. By the end of this season I was just bored and ready for it to be over.

Get Shorty season 1: 7.5/10

Decent watch. Took a bit for me to get into it, but the back half of the season is very good. Strange that a show like this didn't make it to Netflix, HBO, or Showtime, etc. instead of Epix of all places.

Arrested Development 10/10

I'm incredibly late to this party but I just started watching Arrested Development 2 days ago and am already on episode 17. It's rare for me to binge watch a show but this is one of the funniest shows I can recall. I've always liked Will Arnett's work but as GOB he's one of the funniest characters I've ever seen on any show. Shout out Tobias, George Michael and George Sr as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I recently finished Arrested Development also. First 3 seasons are really good but............... come back and let us know your grade after you complete the series.
    Last edited by herdapop; 12-08-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    I recently finished Arrested Development also. First 3 seasons are really good but............... come back and let us know your grade after you complete the series.
    As long as there are scenes where G.O.B is performing magic then I'll be good.

Queens Gambit 10/10, i cant imagine giving it anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Arrested Development 10/10

I'm incredibly late to this party but I just started watching Arrested Development 2 days ago and am already on episode 17. It's rare for me to binge watch a show but this is one of the funniest shows I can recall. I've always liked Will Arnett's work but as GOB he's one of the funniest characters I've ever seen on any show. Shout out Tobias, George Michael and George Sr as well.
    the first few seasons are amazing. I have an allegiance to Arnett because of that show, no matter how bad his other crap is

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    the first few seasons are amazing. I have an allegiance to Arnett because of that show, no matter how bad his other crap is
    Not a fan of him in Bojack or Blades of Glory?

Pretty much binged watched Yellowstone in the last 3 weeks. Season 1 and 2 along with the first episode of Season 3. I love the series and my entire family watches it except my wife who really isn't into it although she watched the first season.

It is kind of hokey in all of the "wars" going on between the Indian tribe, the family and the two brothers who run the gambling and drugs in the state. But it is well acted, the scenery is great and the cowboy and Indian culture is interesting. I love the daughter of Kevin Costner character. She takes no prisoners and doesn't care who she tells to go to hell and worse. The fight scene where the two assassins attacked her was epic. She's a pretty good actress.