Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151
Results 2,251 to 2,263 of 2263
  1. #2251
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    119,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I dunno.

    I think it got cornier.

    This last season is pretty weak.

    Superboy is so powerful and yet what he does is so limited.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well to be fair they had to nerf him lol... they wouldnt need the rest of the titans if they didnt esp with the villains they are facing. If they end up fighting ravens father or something he could get a power boost but right now he would be a 1 man show

  2. #2252
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,045
    Squid Game public service announcement - Watch it in it's native language with English subtitles. Don't do the English dub or you lose the emotion and beauty of the show the way it was intended. I watched the first episode both ways and there is no comparison.

  3. #2253
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    44,235
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Squid Game public service announcement - Watch it in it's native language with English subtitles. Don't do the English dub or you lose the emotion and beauty of the show the way it was intended. I watched the first episode both ways and there is no comparison.
    I think this is overblown.

    I watched it with dubs (and I admit it was a little cringe) but I was still able to see the emotion and got a little audible emotion as well. The actors were that good to visually show what needed to be felt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  4. #2254
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,678
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Squid Game public service announcement - Watch it in it's native language with English subtitles. Don't do the English dub or you lose the emotion and beauty of the show the way it was intended. I watched the first episode both ways and there is no comparison.
    No other way to do it regardless. I hate dubs.

  5. #2255
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,678
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think this is overblown.

    I watched it with dubs (and I admit it was a little cringe) but I was still able to see the emotion and got a little audible emotion as well. The actors were that good to visually show what needed to be felt.
    I've read the meaning of the show is significantly changed in the version you're referring to.

  6. #2256
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    44,235
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I've read the meaning of the show is significantly changed in the version you're referring to.
    Iíve seen that as well. I definitely would rewatch the show using subs but thatís just a testament to how good the story is that I was able to enjoy it with dubs.

    Episode 6 was amazing and I thought it was with dubs. I didnít look into anything until after I watched episodes so considering that episode is raved as one of the single best episodes of television (hyperbole but it was great) and I felt that with dubs, says something.

    But I can certainly tell you I was paying way more attention to the visuals than I was the audio. A hell of a lot of emotion through that without the need for dialogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  7. #2257
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,547
    I enjoyed it quite a bit with dubs and spoke how episode 6 emotional ride is one of the best episodes I have seen ever in any show.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #2258
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    44,235
    Only murders in the building 8/10. Love Steve Martin and Martin short together so much. Fun little show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  9. #2259
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I enjoyed it quite a bit with dubs and spoke how episode 6 emotional ride is one of the best episodes I have seen ever in any show.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For sure. I'm not saying it couldn't be enjoyable with subs, I'm saying the meaning of the show and the dialogue in general would be shifted from its original intent.

  10. #2260
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    16,270
    Binging on Doom Patrol and enjoyed it. Quirky, way off beat, well written and isn't your normal fair of superheroes shows. Cliff's WTF moments are the best. Good character growth.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  11. #2261
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    44,235
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Binging on Doom Patrol and enjoyed it. Quirky, way off beat, well written and isn't your normal fair of superheroes shows. Cliff's WTF moments are the best. Good character growth.
    Watched like 3 or so episodes and then never went back. Worth a retry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  12. #2262
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    9,685
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Watched like 3 or so episodes and then never went back. Worth a retry?
    I think its a good show, like WES said the Cliff Steele moments are great.

    Its your typical Berlanti show with action, drama and Flashbacks but, they do try to add in a bit more humor.

  13. #2263
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,678
    Squid Games, 8/10

    Just finished this earlier today. Not for everyone (pretty bloody, violent, and sadistic) but I found it quite enjoyable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •