Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: GM - Bob Quinn

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

When we hire Josh McDaniels and trade our whole team for Jimmy Grappalo ima be sad

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Copy that text, the mobile app doesnt show tagged tweets!

IamDanGill on twitter.

"@davebirkett: Some people believe that Quinn has his eye on Josh McDaniels as a head coach. But no decision on Caldwell yet."

What y'all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit4Life74 View Post
    "@davebirkett: Some people believe that Quinn has his eye on Josh McDaniels as a head coach. But no decision on Caldwell yet."

What y'all think?
    Team will be ruined and Teblow will be our QB obv Jimmy Grappalo the backup

Id prefer mcdaniels, out of everyone on that coaching roster. I hope/pray he's learned his lesson & wins multiple superbowls for us.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Not sure if anyone heard the Ian Rapoport interview last night but he was asked about the previous GM hires from the NE tree and he said that Pioli was a disaster in KC because he didn't have people skills, specifically managerial skills.

He also said that coach hoodie did not give Dimitroff a ringing endorsement, apparently the Falcons just fell in love with him after the first face-to-face meeting.

Rapoport did state that coach hoodie came out and told the Lions brass that Bob Quinn was the guy they should hire as GM.

I'm just glad they didn't hire White or Abrams. Would have been happy with Wolf, Quinn, Polian, or Kirchner.

Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    Copy that text, the mobile app doesnt show tagged tweets!
    Caldwell=not safe

As far as Josh McDaniels goes I'd be okay with he as a the coach under one condition: He stays FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR away from personal moves. Sure he can have an input but he's not making any decisions. At least if we hire McDaniels we are bringing in a guy who would suit the personal on the field, an air it out offense.

I'd be okay with McDaniels. I don't see anyone else out there than can get the offense where it needs to be besides him. Like LFLOL said, as long as he doesn't get a ton of influence over personnel decisions, then he would do fine as a HC imo.

I'd like to keep Austin & JBC on board, but that's not very likely if Caldwell gets the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Caldwell=not safe

As far as Josh McDaniels goes I'd be okay with he as a the coach under one condition: He stays FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR away from personal moves. Sure he can have an input but he's not making any decisions. At least if we hire McDaniels we are bringing in a guy who would suit the personal on the field, an air it out offense.
    Word.

IamDanGill on twitter.

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    I guess we all will know Caldwell fate by Monday honestly I'm more concerned with Austin.

I can't believe that we can potentially end up with the McDaniels/Quinn combo that I have wanted since the decision was made to fire Mayhew. McDaniels has consulted with Tony Dungy, Bill Belichick, John Gruden, hell really any HC since he failed in Denver to get advice about what he can do better. He had a hard time dealing with his failure in Denver and they got his confidence back. There is a good shot that we retain JBC under McDaniels, but I'm not so sure about Stafford. One thing about Stafford is that he does not have a very high football IQ, something you need to run that NE offense. My guess is that we retain Matthew for a season or two while we draft his eventual successor in a later round.

Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I'd be okay with McDaniels. I don't see anyone else out there than can get the offense where it needs to be besides him. Like LFLOL said, as long as he doesn't get a ton of influence over personnel decisions, then he would do fine as a HC imo.

I'd like to keep Austin & JBC on board, but that's not very likely if Caldwell gets the boot.
    Strive! Great to see you back bud!
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    I can't believe that we can potentially end up with the McDaniels/Quinn combo that I have wanted since the decision was made to fire Mayhew. McDaniels has consulted with Tony Dungy, Bill Belichick, John Gruden, hell really any HC since he failed in Denver to get advice about what he can do better. He had a hard time dealing with his failure in Denver and they got his confidence back. There is a good shot that we retain JBC under McDaniels, but I'm not so sure about Stafford. One thing about Stafford is that he does not have a very high football IQ, something you need to run that NE offense. My guess is that we retain Matthew for a season or two while we draft his eventual successor in a later round.

incoming!!!!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast