Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Cowboys 2016 Draft Discussion Thread

With the 4th pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Dallas Cowboys select...

Key dates:

Jan. 26 - Week of Senior Bowl practices begin in Mobile, Ala.
    Feb. 23-29 - NFL scouting combine at Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
    April 28-30 - NFL Draft, Chicago
    May 6-8 - NFL teams hold their three-day rookie mini-camps
    Last edited by Mamba42; 02-01-2016 at 03:12 PM.

Selects... Jared Goff QB-UCLA

He's the best at reading defenses and he's not a 1 read QB when it comes to offense. The biggest knock on him is his size. He had the height but needs to add some weight. Goff will need to sit at very least 1 year, but more than likely 2 years so he will have plenty of time to get in the weight room and add weight. They are at the back end of the window to groom a replacement for Romo and Goff is the best prospect.

**Jared Goff- CAL

Honestly I think drafting a QB that early in the draft is a waste. I would love to take a playmaker that would impact a game. Someone like Alex Collins from Arkansas or even Mccaffrey from Stanford, however I'm not sure if either of the 2 declared for the draft.

With that being said I would love to grab Jaylon Smith from Notre Dame at outside linebacker. The kid is a monster with a combination of speed and strength. Does a great job of covering backs and receivers as well.

Its hard to imagine considering 2 Notre Dame players with the top 4 picks but someone else I would consider would be Will Fuller. Picturing this guy running in the slot with Dez and T-Will is ridiculous.

I don't think there is that franchise changing QB/RB to take with the first pick at #4, unless those RB's enter the draft. Other wise I think you could use the 2nd round pick on a QB.

I would like to address other needs in the draft and honestly use a late round draft pick to trade away and take a flyer on a guy like Johnny Manziel or RG3.

I know you guys are going to kill me and say I'm crazy but honestly those guys proved they could be successful in this league. We aren't asking them to come in start right away and lead us to the Super Bowl. We are asking them to come in and learn and take over eventually. The media kills Johnny Manziel and although his decisions might not be the best. He is doing what more than half of the league is doing. I mean look at Gronk, he is going out partying all the time, Odell Beckham has videos out at clubs dancing. Manziel came into the league as a kid and has been jerked around with ZERO leadership. The Browns are a joke. If he came here he would not only have support within the franchise and veteran leadership but he would also have his family. I mean this organization has brought in people/players with far more life problems then going out drinking and they have managed to stay out of the media except of course for Joseph Randle.

I think the 1st five picks should be RB, WR, pass rusher, CB, LB (in no particular order)...and I wouldn't be opposed to picking up someone like Manziel or Griffen...this team has huge holes and drafting one of the top QBs to sit around for 3years with our 1st 5 picks just isn't smart...

unless of course we can trade the 4th overall pick, move back in the 1st and pickup an extra 2nd and 3rd..then drafting a QB high would make more sense
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    I think the 1st five picks should be RB, WR, pass rusher, CB, LB (in no particular order)...and I wouldn't be opposed to picking up someone like Manziel or Griffen...this team has huge holes and drafting one of the top QBs to sit around for 3years with our 1st 5 picks just isn't smart...

unless of course we can trade the 4th overall pick, move back in the 1st and pickup an extra 2nd and 3rd..then drafting a QB high would make more sense
    Couldn't have said it any better myself my man. Great post.

Smith's injury worries me.

I'll take Hargreaves, Ramsey or Goff. I kinda wanna trade down and get a mid first so maybe we could get Treadwell or Ndemichke.

Cowboys 2016 Draft Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post

I'll take Hargreaves, Ramsey or Goff. I kinda wanna trade down and get a mid first so maybe we could get Treadwell or Ndemichke.
    No, draft the BPA at #4. I would consider trading down with the 2nd round pick, so a late 2nd and 3rd round pick for our 2nd rounder (basically a late 1st round pick).
    Last edited by Romo2Bryant; 01-04-2016 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Bryant View Post
    No, draft the BPA at #4.
    True but it worries me if they rate bosa ahead of Hargreaves by a slim margin and both are available at four and we go with a DE over a CB.

Yes your right about his injury. But he was the best linebacker in the country in high school and then again in college. He is so fast and powerful, just feel like if he is healthy, his playmaking ability on defense with Sean Lee would be unbelievable. Type of guy that can cover backs, receivers and tight ends on passing downs as well as stop the run. We need all the help we can get with our pass defense lol.
    Last edited by Ch0ZSeN1; 01-05-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0ZSeN1 View Post
    Yes your right about his injury. But he was the best linebacker in the country in high school and then again in college. He is so fast and powerful, just feel like if he is healthy, his playmaking ability on defense with Sean Lee would be unbelievable. Type of guy that can cover backs, receivers and tight ends on passing downs as well as stop the run. We need all the help we can get with our pass defense lol.
    I wouldn't be opposed but a lot of experts have him falling now with that injury. Maybe if we can trade down we could get him and pick up another mid second in the process.

A safety or CB is needed. I'm more comfortable with Byron at FS therefore I want a corner. There's some big names out there that'll be really pricey. I don't wanna get burned again like we did with Carr.

Maybe prince? A name I really like is Trumaine Johnson. 26 years old and maybe only be around 5M per year.

Lol Alan ball, pacman, t new and Mike Jenkins are all free agent cb's.

Let's get the band back together. Sign all 4, call up Ken Hamlin, Roy Williams (both of them) and Marcus spears?

Lol Alan ball, pacman, t new and Mike Jenkins are all free agent cb's.

Let's get the band back together. Sign all 4, call up Ken Hamlin, Roy Williams (both of them) and Marcus spears?
    Don't forget Chris Canty and Keith Brooking!

Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Bryant View Post
    Don't forget Chris Canty and Keith Brooking!
    I'm still salty about Jerry in 08 deciding to sign Zach Thomas over Ray Lewis. I say no way we lose last game in Dallas to Baltimore with Ray vs his former team and no way we get blown out week 17 in Philly with Ray Lewis on our team.

This is tough because is Greg Hardy coming back? Is McClain coming back? Claiborne? We have a lot of key players hitting the market. If Hardy returns then you dont need Bosa. Im assuming we are cutting Carr and its very possible Claiborne is gone as well unless he sign on cheap. That means all we really have is Jones and Scandrick which i think we all believe Jones is our future FS. Because of this i think Ramsey or Hardgrieves are the most needed pick and if Ramsey is available he could also be best player available at same time. The dude is a Ed reed/Peterson Combo player! He is one of best tackling CB's ive ever seen and can track the ball as well. If were able to somehow sign Prince who is a FA i would really love to grab Treadwell. We really need another true #1 type WR on other side of Dez. Williams and Beasley are both 3rd/4th guys at best. Dez, Treadwell, Witten, Williams, Beasley is insane for Romo to have. You cant double both Dez and Treadwell. One of them is getting the 1 on 1. I really dont think we need a LB at #4 overall. We have Lee and Hithens and believe we can get McClain back. My last idea is to trade back considerably and grab a late 1st and 2nd rounder and select A'Shawn Robinson who is next N'gata at DT. A beast we can put next to Crawford because Hayden is either gone or if he comes back is just a role player....not a starter.

Option 1. Ramsey
    Option 2. Treadwell
    Option 3. Trade back for a late 1st and extra 2nd rounder and draft A'shawn Robinson from Alabama. Create a dominate D-line that can make a decent secondary look good.

Obviously this all hinges on keeping Hardy and McClain, so after our FA moves we will have a better understanding of what way we should go but QB is not the right move with 1st pick! Grab Seth Russell in later rounds!!
    Last edited by NFLNBA; 01-05-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast