Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

So uh, is the East better than the West?

As a conference, which is better? Warriors are in a league of their own. But the power seems like it has balanced out. Or even shifted in the Easts favor. Pretty crazy considering just last year we were laughing at the Eastern Conference.

I think you have to wait 2-3 years to make that statement.

Its still only about 1/3 of the season, still plenty of games left. On Paper I would still take the teams in the West over the East.

Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1:30625808
    As a conference, which is better? Warriors are in a league of their own. But the power seems like it has balanced out. Or even shifted in the Easts favor. Pretty crazy considering just last year we were laughing at the Eastern Conference.

The bad-mediocre teams in the east are better than the bad-mediocre teams in the West but as far as legit contenders? No. It's still Cleveland and then a pretty huge drop off until the next best team.

For all intents and purposes you can pencil Cleveland in for the Finals now, unless a miracle happens. Even if that miracle happened, whoever lucked up against Cleveland would get absolutely murdered by whoever comes out of the West.

In the West you at least still have the Spurs, and possibly OKC and the Clipps to challenge the Warriors. So we're talking 3 to 4 legitimate championship contenders and possibly 1 more depending on what Houston decides to do with their roster.

If there were a 7 game series between any team out east outside of Cleveland, I would still take Houston or Memphis over them in 5-6 games. So I say not even close yet.

I would take ATL and the Bulls to beat Houston and Memphis probably or at least compete

It's definitely strange. I was looking at the standings this weekend and the West has a team winning 97%, a team winning 81% and a team winning 68% but no other teams over 60% and only 7 total over 50% ... the best team in the East is winning 68% but there are 4 teams north of 60% and 11 over 50%.

To some extent maybe the top of the West is holding the middle of the West down, and certainly the 2nd tier in the West is underperforming while the 3rd tier in the East is doing better than expected.

The East has closed the gap, but the West is still superior. It's possible in a couple years the East will be dominant as they have good young talent on teams that are performing well early while some of the top Western teams are looking at some possibly major changes in the coming years (SAS retirements, OKC free agency, LAC blowing up the team).

The NBA is a tank fest now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    The bad-mediocre teams in the east are better than the bad-mediocre teams in the West but as far as legit contenders? No. It's still Cleveland and then a pretty huge drop off until the next best team.

For all intents and purposes you can pencil Cleveland in for the Finals now, unless a miracle happens. Even if that miracle happened, whoever lucked up against Cleveland would get absolutely murdered by whoever comes out of the West.

In the West you at least still have the Spurs, and possibly OKC and the Clipps to challenge the Warriors. So we're talking 3 to 4 legitimate championship contenders and possibly 1 more depending on what Houston decides to do with their roster.
    You don't really believe this, do you? I'm hoping there aren't people this blinded.

Clippers and Thunder can best the Warriors in a 7 game series? Not sure we are watching the same teams, and what caliber you consider them in at their best.

At their best, the only team that can challenge the Warriors is the Spurs. I figured this was common sense knowledge by now.

Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    If there were a 7 game series between any team out east outside of Cleveland, I would still take Houston or Memphis over them in 5-6 games. So I say not even close yet.
    Again, are we watching the same Memphis teams and Houston teams? I don't even consider the HEAT a very good team, and both those teams looked like they were far more flawed than Miami when they played them.

For unknown reasons, seems there are "conference homers" as if there is something to be proud of. I have no clue how or why this logic even exists.

Anyway, how I see it is there is one contender in the East, and 4 possible teams from the West that could beat the East's contender, but that doesn't necessarily mean the West has 4 contenders. There are 3 contenders in the entire league and everyone else is praying for an injury.

I think the West still has more talent and depth of talent.

But so far, this season, the Eastern conference teams as a whole have definitely outperformed them.
    Aside from the 80s. The NBA has never been this good.

http://basketball.******.com/nba/tea...Regular_Season

Top 3 teams are Western, next 8 are Eastern.

It's an odd league at the moment.

according to winning percentages as of right now, yes.

east - 227-224
    west - 230-233

this says nothing about SOS though.

Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    houston is 5-7 against the east and in those 12 games they've played only one team above .500 (Charolette)

but hey at least memphis is 7-7! lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Bron > Kobe View Post
    The NBA is a tank fest now.
    you are very wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

I said this in my "is the east catching up?" thread

The east is getting better and no longer a joke of a conference

Besides the Warriors and Spurs everyone below those two are beatable and can be beat by any team out east 2-10
    Stay Humble

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast