Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LeBron James' Outside Shot Ranks as Top 5 WORST in the NBA

What's going on with this dude. Under 26% from 3 pt percentage, 35% on shots outside the paint? As of Dec 16th, LeBron ranked in the top 5 of WORST percentages outside the paint.

http://www.sportal.co.nz/nba/james-p...71wzekaxt4ifti

"He shot 26.8 percent from outside the paint in the 2015 playoffs, the worst mark of his postseason career."

Just watching the Warriors game, it seems like he doesn't even wanna shoot from outside anymore, and its a bailout when he takes a jumpshot, and his shots don't even seem close.

i blame his teammates

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It's really strange. I've seen arguments from people saying it's because he's not in the Heats system anymore which I think is just absolute B.S

But I don't see how it could be an age thing.

I really don't know. Maybe a Cavs fan can enlighten us.
    Aside from the 80s. The NBA has never been this good.

he never had a good jumpshot to begin with
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

His decline is backward. His athletecism and ability to finish at the rim are fine but his jumper is going. What?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19-:30621044
    he never had a good jumpshot to begin with
    This! He's a bull towards to basket type of player he was never a good jump shooter. He should stick to the post moves he developed in Miami to keep his percentage up if he wants to turn this around.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettosean View Post
    This! He's a bull towards to basket type of player he was never a good jump shooter. He should stick to the post moves he developed in Miami to keep his percentage up if he wants to turn this around.
    His driving is actually pretty basic, he doesn't change direction uber quick or anything it's just one direction, on a line, head down and finish.

There was a point last night when he was matched up against Steph and instead of driving he took a fade away 3.

I don't think he has faith in his handles if I'm honest.
    Aside from the 80s. The NBA has never been this good.

His first step or his faith in his first step has declined. I saw several plays yesterday where he had a chance to drive by a guy 1 on 1 and he had issues or declined to do so. So now teams may not give him as much space to shoot outside. Yesterday he had a 1 on 1 break against a smaller opponent. In the past he would have just went hard for the hoop. Instead he tried to ward the guy off with his arm first b ut when that did not work, he dropped the ball off to a covered teammate. This is not a put down of Lebron. He has played a ton of minutes for many years. We all get older and slower. It is just part of life.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

Dudes that used to point to his percentages in the mid range or deep 2s or 3s to claim he was a pretty good shooter were idiots. He has never been a good shooter. He was just a very smart player, good at picking his spots, and so damn good at driving the ball he was barely ever contested in those areas. He has lost that driving ability a bit so guys can actually contest those shots without getting burned every single time by his driving ability. He has less breathing room on those Js and LeBron has always had a fragile mindset - once he loses his confidence he doesn't just snap his fingers and get it back too easily.

His first step is much slower. He was never really a skilled player and relied on his speed and athleticism. His jump shooting has never been good.

Also, LeBron has the mental fortitude of a child. I think that's a major component behind the fluctuations of his shooting % outside the paint. With the exception of a few games in his career, I think he's mentally affected when playing high-profile games.

He's obviously CAPABLE of shooting average numbers outside the paint, so a lot of it has got to be mental.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

his ball handling seems a bit suspect as well

His shot has sucked ever since James Harden kicked him where his dick should be.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Lebron was never a good shooter anyway. Always between mediocre to average. What Lebron is weak at more than anything is his footwork. He is lucky he gets away with so many travels. I would like to see Lebron post more and work on his footwork. Its all about fundamentals

Lebron should be be posting more i guess? With his size he could bully any defender put on him. He will figure that out. And also he could pass from the post with that vision of his. Drive and kick less post up more. That should improve his numbers on a shooting standpoint.

Show us again...

This is news? His jumper has always been more suspect than Odell Beckham....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast