Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins the east and makes it to the finals?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heat

    4 13.79%
  • Pacers

    0 0%
  • Cavaliers

    17 58.62%
  • Raptors

    4 13.79%
  • Bulls

    2 6.90%
  • Hawks

    1 3.45%
  • Other

    1 3.45%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,004
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    The starters were a negative starting out the season but they're a +14 now after digging themselves out of a hole. Seems they've learned how to play together which is give the ball to Wade and Bosh and good things will happen for all of them from there. I expect them to keep getting better as the season goes on as long as we have some sort of continuity. Now that Johnson is back and Winslow is coming back our bench should be a lot better than it has been. No one knows the deal with McRoberts right now though he's missed like the last 12 games for a knee bruise which seems too long.
    Thats all well and good but at this point, its really more of a hunch than anything worthwhile. The problem is you can say this for alot of teams that are learning new systems/acclimating to new teammates. It doesn't matter until the results are displayed and sustained. At this point, a smart gambling man wouldn't favor the Heat much, we'll revisit this later but I disagree with your stance, I feel the team has improved more as Wade has gotten less touches. I dont know why Dragic has suffered so much alongside Wade when hes played alongside ball dominant guards before and even Bron didn't suffer this much. Dragic was suppose to provide everything needed for Wade to revert to form (which is what alot of Heat fans insisted would happen), instead both have regressed. Bosh and Whiteside should be the focus but Wade has to discover some semblance of efficiency.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Thats all well and good but at this point, its really more of a hunch than anything worthwhile. The problem is you can say this for alot of teams that are learning new systems/acclimating to new teammates. It doesn't matter until the results are displayed and sustained. At this point, a smart gambling man wouldn't favor the Heat much, we'll revisit this later but I disagree with your stance, I feel the team has improved more as Wade has gotten less touches. I dont know why Dragic has suffered so much alongside Wade when hes played alongside ball dominant guards before and even Bron didn't suffer this much. Dragic was suppose to provide everything needed for Wade to revert to form (which is what alot of Heat fans insisted would happen), instead both have regressed. Bosh and Whiteside should be the focus but Wade has to discover some semblance of efficiency.
    'Bron didn't suffer much because Wade took a step back, and it isn't like 'Bron was the PG. He played off the ball quite a bit. Dragic & Wade looked pretty good together last year, but with Bosh coming back and Whiteside falling from the sky it took Goran a while. He's seemed to have found his niche now, and as a result he & Wade have clicked. I agree that what WaDe03 said can be applied to a lot of teams, but I honestly think of all the teams in the east outside of CLE (btw I'm not as big on the Cavs' supporting cast as everyone else), Miami may have the most talent. On top of that, they're currently a top 10 defense that can get better. I've said it from the beginning, Miami really should consider trading for a consistent outside threat from 3, preferably a stretch 4 coming off the bench.
    Last edited by SteBO; 01-03-2016 at 10:53 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    2,706
    Knicks will. after the trade deadline i will be evident! yeh right... Cavs taking the whole thing this year IMO

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Miami's defense is getting way overrated here. They are far from the best defensive team and they have issues scoring. If D-Wade or Bosh isn't getting points up there, they have to rely on Dragic/Whiteside/Green. All guys who are rather inconsistent offensively. I do think they can get better but we'll see.. it's taking them some time and much longer than it should for that matter. IMO, Cavs are going to take this just because they have LeBron and a much better roster than Miami does overall.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,195
    The Cavs. LeBron at this stage of his career coasts all regular season long. No team in the east is talented enough to beat a team with him on it, with the help he has (barring injury).

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,340
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Miami's defense is getting way overrated here. They are far from the best defensive team and they have issues scoring. If D-Wade or Bosh isn't getting points up there, they have to rely on Dragic/Whiteside/Green. All guys who are rather inconsistent offensively. I do think they can get better but we'll see.. it's taking them some time and much longer than it should for that matter. IMO, Cavs are going to take this just because they have LeBron and a much better roster than Miami does overall.
    As someone who follows the Heat religiously, I think you're wrong. I don't think anyone said Miami's the best defensive team, but they're a top 10 defense for sure. Miami's still got some ways to go, but they're getting to the point where you can rely on their defense and offensively they're getting better despite the pieces not being "ideal" fits. As of now, 7 game series, I'm going Cavs in 6 simply because LBJ is that good, but if he isn't superhuman again they're gonna be in a little trouble in the latter stages of the playoffs. If anything gets overrated around here, it's LeBron's supporting cast for health and reliability reasons. I'm probably in the minority there though.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,340
    For the record, Miami's offense gonna be up & down so long as Wade is the main focal point. I think the less load gets placed on him, the better it is for the offense.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,865
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    For the record, Miami's offense gonna be up & down so long as Wade is the main focal point. I think the less load gets placed on him, the better it is for the offense.
    That's what they've been doing recently with the offense. Things is Wade can still average the same amount of points or even a little more this way because he's going to be taking higher percentage shots and get more open looks this way. I still go to him in the 4th hands down.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    As someone who follows the Heat religiously, I think you're wrong. I don't think anyone said Miami's the best defensive team, but they're a top 10 defense for sure. Miami's still got some ways to go, but they're getting to the point where you can rely on their defense and offensively they're getting better despite the pieces not being "ideal" fits. As of now, 7 game series, I'm going Cavs in 6 simply because LBJ is that good, but if he isn't superhuman again they're gonna be in a little trouble in the latter stages of the playoffs. If anything gets overrated around here, it's LeBron's supporting cast for health and reliability reasons. I'm probably in the minority there though.
    Page 2, Wade03 mentioned that they are the best defensive team in the East. This thread is about the EAST, so yes, he did proclaim them as such. Top ten defense, meh, I either see it some nights or don't. They play in a ridiculously slow pace and at that point, it's tough to tell whether their defense is as good as the numbers we see. Again, I completely agree that they have a long way to go but I'm also tired of people making excuses here. They either are going to be a very good team soon or not. Their offense is really iffy and I don't think anyone can deny that here. If Wade is having a tough night, it's difficult seeing where their offense will come from.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,340
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Page 2, Wade03 mentioned that they are the best defensive team in the East. This thread is about the EAST, so yes, he did proclaim them as such. Top ten defense, meh, I either see it some nights or don't. They play in a ridiculously slow pace and at that point, it's tough to tell whether their defense is as good as the numbers we see. Again, I completely agree that they have a long way to go but I'm also tired of people making excuses here. They either are going to be a very good team soon or not. Their offense is really iffy and I don't think anyone can deny that here. If Wade is having a tough night, it's difficult seeing where their offense will come from.
    Alright, well Miami isn't the best defense in the league, but it has top 5 potential is what I'm trying to get at. We'll see after the All-Star break where they're at, but I should point out that Wade has had games where he isn't himself, but Miami pulled those games out because of defense and big games from Bosh, Dragic, Hassan, and others on occasion through ball movement. Miami's problem this year offensively at times is as you correctly pointed out here, that when Wade is having an off night, their offense comes to a screeching halt. Why? Because either a) Bosh isn't engaged, b) Dragic is a no show, or c) too much one on one play. Now that I think about it, the Cavs run into that same problem at times too. Difference is, they have LeBron and the Heat don't anymore. Therefore, Miami has to always have the ball the moving and keep Wade off the ball and allow him to pick his spots. Miami really should run its offense more through Dragic and Bosh, with Wade off the ball slashing inside or coming off back screens for his mid-range game. I've seen more of this recently, so it's a matter of consistency.

    Cavs are and should be the favorites in the East, but I think you're greatly overestimating Cleveland's roster overall if you think they're gonna have it easy. I think LBJ's gotta be close to superhuman for them to get out of the east, let alone take down GS or SA.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,865
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Page 2, Wade03 mentioned that they are the best defensive team in the East. This thread is about the EAST, so yes, he did proclaim them as such. Top ten defense, meh, I either see it some nights or don't. They play in a ridiculously slow pace and at that point, it's tough to tell whether their defense is as good as the numbers we see. Again, I completely agree that they have a long way to go but I'm also tired of people making excuses here. They either are going to be a very good team soon or not. Their offense is really iffy and I don't think anyone can deny that here. If Wade is having a tough night, it's difficult seeing where their offense will come from.
    I definitely think they're the best defensive team although the defense fell of for a few games with key bench players out its got back to the way it was to start the season. I think the whole pace thing is overrated especially whenever you look at DRTG because it goes by 100 possessions regardless of the pace. We're a very good defensive team with potential to get better. I'm not as worried about Wade having an off night now as I was to start the season because Bosh, Dragic, Green, and Johnson have stepped up a ton and Whiteside and Deng are consistently scoring 10-15 a night with an off game here or there. The offense may get better when McRoberts gets back and we have our full bench back together but who the hell knows when that will be or even what is wrong with him but as I've said I like what I'm seeing from Johnson and Bosh. Our 3 point shooting has also gotten better as of late which is our biggest need for this team but I still believe another shooter wouldn't hurt. I agree with you though, no more excuses from this point on. Guys have came out and said they're comfortable and love the way we're playing now so as long as we stick to the game plan everyone should be happy and effective in their own way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •