Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Gilbert Arenas wants to objectify WNBAers

Former NBA player Gilbert Arenas recently said the WNBA should get rid of ugly players and make the attractive ones play in more revealing outfits. He intimated that anyone disagreeing with him was likely ugly.
    Naturally, he got slammed by both the NBA and the WNBA for the comments:
    "Gilbert Arenas' comments are repugnant, utterly disrespectful, and flat-out wrong," said a joint statement from the leagues. "WNBA players are strong, talented and determined individuals who give it all on the court and serve as inspiring role models to millions around the world."
    Where does Arenas rank on the all-time list of douche bag ballers? He's definitely up there.

Hell yeah! Agree with him.

Free As Seagull.

He has always been a good role model. Keep up the good work Gilbert
    THEOpocalypse has begun! GO CUBBIES

www.dbagleagues.net

I'd vote for Gilbert Arenas over Trump!

Original Instagram Post by Arenas: https://www.instagram.com/p/_VTJv0PP...ertpettyarenas

I'm sure more would tune in if those were the uniforms

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Well if the WNBA wants better ratings...he's not wrong.

I mean, has anyone watched the WNBA? It's terrible. Of course women shouldn't be objectified, but the quality of women's basketball versus men's is horrific. Not their fault, basketball is a sport where size, speed, and strength are of upmost importance, and women can't touch men in that regard.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I'd be pretty certain that if the WNBA had women who looked like the ones in the video, the ratings would go up. Any kind of league that features primarily women is going to be looked at from the objectifying viewpoint. It's not like these players are better than NBA, Euroleague, College players, so it's hard to get viewership.

Morally, is it right that people view the idea of an all-women league in that light? Nope. But I know a lot more people would at least watch.

Seems strange for the WNBA to respond to this

No thanks on seeing those butch manly women in thongs. I'll pass.

Gilbert Arenas wants to objectify WNBAers

What he said is absolutely hilarious, and I have no problem with it. But as I say that, I'm not claiming to be a good guy.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    I'd be pretty certain that if the WNBA had women who looked like the ones in the video, the ratings would go up. Any kind of league that features primarily women is going to be looked at from the objectifying viewpoint. It's not like these players are better than NBA, Euroleague, College players, so it's hard to get viewership.

Morally, is it right that people view the idea of an all-women league in that light? Nope. But I know a lot more people would at least watch.
    I bet a few wnba teams could hang with the poor European clubs.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

fake, Forced, politically correct apology coming in 3...2...1...

Quote Originally Posted by MonroeFAN View Post
    I bet a few wnba teams could hang with the poor European clubs.
    no, they couldn't.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I mean, has anyone watched the WNBA? It's terrible. Of course women shouldn't be objectified, but the quality of women's basketball versus men's is horrific. Not their fault, basketball is a sport where size, speed, and strength are of upmost importance, and women can't touch men in that regard.
    You're right; men are stronger and faster, no question. But I would argue that the audience for NBA games is largely male. The male athletes in the NBA are mostly role models for the male audience.
    Why can't the WNBA be for women what the NBA is for men, without the players being objectified and told they're worthless for anything but their looks? People who say that about the WNBA are basically insulting all women.
    I thank you for being respectful in your response, too. There are a log of dimwits in this thread revealing how misogynistic and ignorant they are. We need more people to help raise the IQ of these threads.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast