Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,403

    Gilbert Arenas wants to objectify WNBAers

    Former NBA player Gilbert Arenas recently said the WNBA should get rid of ugly players and make the attractive ones play in more revealing outfits. He intimated that anyone disagreeing with him was likely ugly.
    Naturally, he got slammed by both the NBA and the WNBA for the comments:
    "Gilbert Arenas' comments are repugnant, utterly disrespectful, and flat-out wrong," said a joint statement from the leagues. "WNBA players are strong, talented and determined individuals who give it all on the court and serve as inspiring role models to millions around the world."
    Where does Arenas rank on the all-time list of douche bag ballers? He's definitely up there.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    29,977
    Hell yeah! Agree with him.


    Free As Seagull.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    IL(for now)
    Posts
    210
    He has always been a good role model. Keep up the good work Gilbert
    THEOpocalypse has begun! GO CUBBIES

    www.dbagleagues.net

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,166
    I'd vote for Gilbert Arenas over Trump!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    15,426
    Original Instagram Post by Arenas: https://www.instagram.com/p/_VTJv0PP...ertpettyarenas

    I'm sure more would tune in if those were the uniforms


    👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,416
    Well if the WNBA wants better ratings...he's not wrong.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,473
    I mean, has anyone watched the WNBA? It's terrible. Of course women shouldn't be objectified, but the quality of women's basketball versus men's is horrific. Not their fault, basketball is a sport where size, speed, and strength are of upmost importance, and women can't touch men in that regard.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    That Farm House, There.
    Posts
    2,995
    I'd be pretty certain that if the WNBA had women who looked like the ones in the video, the ratings would go up. Any kind of league that features primarily women is going to be looked at from the objectifying viewpoint. It's not like these players are better than NBA, Euroleague, College players, so it's hard to get viewership.

    Morally, is it right that people view the idea of an all-women league in that light? Nope. But I know a lot more people would at least watch.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,085
    Seems strange for the WNBA to respond to this

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    8,221
    No thanks on seeing those butch manly women in thongs. I'll pass.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,372

    Gilbert Arenas wants to objectify WNBAers

    What he said is absolutely hilarious, and I have no problem with it. But as I say that, I'm not claiming to be a good guy.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    I'd be pretty certain that if the WNBA had women who looked like the ones in the video, the ratings would go up. Any kind of league that features primarily women is going to be looked at from the objectifying viewpoint. It's not like these players are better than NBA, Euroleague, College players, so it's hard to get viewership.

    Morally, is it right that people view the idea of an all-women league in that light? Nope. But I know a lot more people would at least watch.
    I bet a few wnba teams could hang with the poor European clubs.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    32,275
    fake, Forced, politically correct apology coming in 3...2...1...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,473
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeFAN View Post
    I bet a few wnba teams could hang with the poor European clubs.
    no, they couldn't.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I mean, has anyone watched the WNBA? It's terrible. Of course women shouldn't be objectified, but the quality of women's basketball versus men's is horrific. Not their fault, basketball is a sport where size, speed, and strength are of upmost importance, and women can't touch men in that regard.
    You're right; men are stronger and faster, no question. But I would argue that the audience for NBA games is largely male. The male athletes in the NBA are mostly role models for the male audience.
    Why can't the WNBA be for women what the NBA is for men, without the players being objectified and told they're worthless for anything but their looks? People who say that about the WNBA are basically insulting all women.
    I thank you for being respectful in your response, too. There are a log of dimwits in this thread revealing how misogynistic and ignorant they are. We need more people to help raise the IQ of these threads.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •