Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Howard Unhappy in Houston?

This story has Howard eventually ending up in Miami because of supposedly being tired of playing "second fiddle" to Harden.

Kindof a hard to believe. A) that Miami would give up a promising young Whiteside for a Dwight on the downside of his career

B) that Howard still wants to be "the man" at this stage in his career.

I'm sure the losing is Houston has them all frustrated but idk......

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/12/15/sheridan-dwight-howard-unhappy-in-houston-headed-to-miami/

According to the article, the Heat aren't really giving up anything. They can only offer Whiteside half of what his projected worth will be next season unless they renounce their rights to Wade. It would actually be smart to get someone on equal caliber rather than letting Whiteside walk for nothing.

What's strange is that the writer thinks he'll be the man over Chris Bosh and Wade? Granted, the most inefficient he has in his entire career (due to his progressive decline), I still see him and Bosh averaging more shot attempts than Howard.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Hassan Whiteside is 26 and makes $981,348k this year. Dwight Howard is 30 and makes $22m. On the surface, it makes no sense. Given, Whiteside is about to get a big contract and Howard only has a player option for next year, in case cap space is the idea, but Miami has Dragic, Wade, and Bosh for right now and Winslow and Whiteside for the future. They'd be fools to give it up for Dwight Howard, and Pat Riley is no fool.

IMO, Dwight would be a great piece to add to a championship club. I myself have a secret desire for Dwight to return to the Lakers (don't tell anyone), if they can pull a miracle and get KD (let's be honest, it's unlikely).

My problem with this report, if it is true, is at 30 years old a person should understand their strengths and weaknesses. Dwight isn't good enough, nor does it seem he has the temperament, to be THE GUY. IMO he isn't a cerebral player where he can reinvent himself. He is who he is at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    Hassan Whiteside is 26 and makes $981,348k this year. Dwight Howard is 30 and makes $22m. On the surface, it makes no sense. Given, Whiteside is about to get a big contract and Howard only has a player option for next year, in case cap space is the idea, but Miami has Dragic, Wade, and Bosh for right now and Winslow and Whiteside for the future. They'd be fools to give it up for Dwight Howard, and Pat Riley is no fool.
    According to OP's URL Miami is going to lose Whiteside this offseason because he'll demand a max contract, which they won't be able to pay. Do you know if that is accurate or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ty22Mitchell:30598764
    IMO, Dwight would be a great piece to add to a championship club. I myself have a secret desire for Dwight to return to the Lakers (don't tell anyone), if they can pull a miracle and get KD (let's be honest, it's unlikely).

My problem with this report, if it is true, is at 30 years old a person should understand their strengths and weaknesses. Dwight isn't good enough, nor does it seem he has the temperament, to be THE GUY. IMO he isn't a cerebral player where he can reinvent himself. He is who he is at this point.
    That's my skepticism with this report. As childish as Dwight is it's still hard for me to imagine he STILL insist on being "the man."

That would go way past immature and right on into delusional.

The problem in Houston is the system, not the roster - and that system is run by the former assistant coach of the same system that is the problem - obviously improvements aren't forthcoming if all you're doing is having someone else draw up the same garbage plays.

Game 1 : October 2018? Yuuuuup

Quote Originally Posted by Ty22Mitchell View Post
    According to OP's URL Miami is going to lose Whiteside this offseason because he'll demand a max contract, which they won't be able to pay. Do you know if that is accurate or not?
    Miami can offer him the max. Thing is, Miami doesn't WANT to nor should they. He isn't worth the max. Too bad all it takes is one desperate team for that to be case in terms of market value.

He's a 6" 9 version of Iverson. Incapable of coming to grips with his declining talent.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Miami can offer him the max. Thing is, Miami doesn't WANT to nor should they. He isn't worth the max. Too bad all it takes is one desperate team for that to be case in terms of market value.
    Link? Unless they give up Wade how do they give him the max (Which he IS worth btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Link? Unless they give up Wade how do they give him the max (Which he IS worth btw)
    No link necessary. Wade comes off the books after this season. He signed a one-year, $20 million deal.

I would say, that Pat Riley will find a way to keep him. If you look at their payroll for next season they have about 48 million in salaries, which would mean that with the current cap, they would have 22 million to spend. However, the cap is expected to rise up to almost 90 million, due to the new TV deal if I'm not mistaken, so they could theoretically have about 40 million to spend.

Obviously, Wade is expiring and I don't think they will let him walk. Right now he makes 20 million and if we assume that he won't take more, they could throw the rest at Whiteside.

The thing is that I would think, that if the cap rises, salaries will rise as well and maybe Wade will demand more than what he gets right now. If that's the case the Heat might really have a problem, because Whiteside doesn't have Bird Rights so the Heat would have to make a choice. I don't believe they can sign Whiteside for the max first and then use Wade's Bird Rights.

Keep in mind that this is based on speculation, because there is no official salary cap for next year yet, but I would be surprised if they Heat won't be able to keep both.

He should come back to Orlando and back up Vucevic.

I've got to ask what is wrong with this guy. I mean he's been on, what 3 teams in 5 years now? Unhappy with all three? And at best he gives you offensively what DeAndre Jordan gives you?

He is the tip of the spear that is the me first douchbaggery.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyestx View Post
    The problem in Houston is the system, not the roster - and that system is run by the former assistant coach of the same system that is the problem - obviously improvements aren't forthcoming if all you're doing is having someone else draw up the same garbage plays.
    It's got to be on the players too, at least in terms of effort and what not. With Harden he will always be the focal point, so it'll pretty much run through him regardless

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast