Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Kevin Durant to media: You treated Kobe Bryant ‘like s—‘

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=384424

I've been saying this. I know how much Kobe is universally hated, but at least respect the man for all that he's done for the game.

PSD has treated Kobe far worse than the media. Dont expect to see too many showings of class here towards him.

Just Durant trying to hard as usual to be the cool bad guy... Doesnt work Durant... Just stfu and move on.

There is no question the media has been harsh on him. Kobe kind of brought it on himself though, he wasn't exactly a media darling when he was in his prime.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Kobe's legacy doesn't excuse him from having the most inefficient volume shooting season in NBA history. People shouldn't get free passes when they play this bad, no matter what they've done in their careers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Unprecedented pussification.

At the end of the day Kobe gets the ultimate respect from his peers and those that are knowledgeable about the game. The media has had it in for him for years. They really wanted him to fade into obscurity after the Shaq split and it absolutely killed them the success he had post Shaq that forced them to admit how great he was.....

Durant, just come to Miami so you can be hated on by all!

Durant 2016

Durant is way off base. Kobe is disrespecting the game by not hanging it up right now. People have always laughed at Jordan's 2 years with the wizards but at least he was putting up 20+ a game and shooting at a respectable clip. Hell, he even came off the bench some.

KD is right..
    We got this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks View Post
    Kobe's legacy doesn't excuse him from having the most inefficient volume shooting season in NBA history. People shouldn't get free passes when they play this bad, no matter what they've done in their careers.
    Right!!

This makes it look like KD is Laker bound

I think it's kinda funny people are mad and saying Kobe is disrespecting the game. I've never been a Bryant fan and it's too bad he can't learn to step back and shoot less since he's looking so awful. But he's earned the right to go out how he wants. It's only the Lakers team that has to put up with it and most of those fans seem happy to be looking at another top pick to build on. I sure as hell would keep collecting my money. He doesn't owe the fans or the media anything, and i'm sure he could care less what people on sports forums think of him. He's had a great career and will go down as an all time great. While i've never liked his personality i can respect the player and i won't sit around bashing him online like a bitter, sad troll. Props to Durant for speaking up.

Kobe could have gone out with some dignity but he chose not too. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the media has not been kind to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

For a player and fan base that has lived off of his "**** you" attitude his entire career, why does this surprise anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr:30549035
    I think it's kinda funny people are mad and saying Kobe is disrespecting the game. I've never been a Bryant fan and it's too bad he can't learn to step back and shoot less since he's looking so awful. But he's earned the right to go out how he wants. It's only the Lakers team that has to put up with it and most of those fans seem happy to be looking at another top pick to build on. I sure as hell would keep collecting my money. He doesn't owe the fans or the media anything, and i'm sure he could care less what people on sports forums think of him. He's had a great career and will go down as an all time great. While i've never liked his personality i can respect the player and i won't sit around bashing him online like a bitter, sad troll. Props to Durant for speaking up.

Exactly. I NEVER saw anyone say MJ was disrespecting the game when he did his final stint with the Wizards. And he was publicly throwing players under the bus, disrupting the offense to play one-on-one, even belittling teammates.....

But it is what it is.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast