Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 116
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,279

    Who is leading the race for ROY?

    Looks like Towns, Porzingis and Okafor are a the top of the list so far.

    Who do you think is leading the charge so far? And just to make it interesting, which rookies are winding out your top five?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,501
    1- KAT
    2-KP
    3-Okafor
    4-Mudiay
    5-Winslow
    Kings of New York

    WELCOME TO PLANET ORANGE & BLUE

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Towns>Porzingis>Okafor.

    Towns is a much more efficient player than Porzingis now. Both are putting similar numbers but one does so more consistently and is having a bigger impact especially on the WC.

    Porzingis is easily the second here. He's the most talked about rookie and has excelled past expectations. Putting in some huge numbers but needs to be a bit more consistent and also, find where his shot is more comfortable. He needs to stop fouling but that should be an easy fix as he gets more NBA in him. Love his ability to step up when it matters, too. Without him, Knicks would be losing quite some games tbh.

    Okafor here. I like his game a lot this early into his career but wow, he hasn't won a single game. Hard to believe that they are 0-16 or whatever but that just leads me to believe that Okafor isn't having a huge impact on this team like Porz/Towns are. I get that his team is terrible but 0-16 doesn't look good regardless of who you are.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    31,778
    Towns but KP has narrowed the gap considerably the last couple of weeks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    31,778
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Towns>Porzingis>Okafor.

    Towns is a much more efficient player than Porzingis now. Both are putting similar numbers but one does so more consistently and is having a bigger impact especially on the WC.

    Porzingis is easily the second here. He's the most talked about rookie and has excelled past expectations. Putting in some huge numbers but needs to be a bit more consistent and also, find where his shot is more comfortable. He needs to stop fouling but that should be an easy fix as he gets more NBA in him. Love his ability to step up when it matters, too. Without him, Knicks would be losing quite some games tbh.

    Okafor here. I like his game a lot this early into his career but wow, he hasn't won a single game. Hard to believe that they are 0-16 or whatever but that just leads me to believe that Okafor isn't having a huge impact on this team like Porz/Towns are. I get that his team is terrible but 0-16 doesn't look good regardless of who you are.
    I agree with your post except the bolded. There isn't much difference between the east and west so far this year. KP is on a less talented team and has been the Knicks 2nd best player, heck, you can make an argument for him being the Knicks best player so far... and he's been their best defender by far. So I don't think you can say Towns has had a bigger impact.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I agree with your post except the bolded. There isn't much difference between the east and west so far this year. KP is on a less talented team and has been the Knicks 2nd best player, heck, you can make an argument for him being the Knicks best player so far... and he's been their best defender by far. So I don't think you can say Towns has had a bigger impact.
    I do believe that because you can't just look at averages here. Look at their games played and judge them individually. Towns has been consistent for his team all season long. Though, East is catching up, West is still a better conference right now. Towns has put up numbers in wins/losses. Here, I'll use his previous four losses as an example.

    Vs LAC (17 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals) 62% shooting
    Vs Detroit (18 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 3 steals) 80% shooting
    Vs Orlando (21 points, 12 rebounds, 6 blocks) 65% shooting
    Vs Memphis (14 points, 9 rebounds) 46% shooting

    So what you see is that KAT has an impact when he wins/loses. When Kristaps team loses, he's usually having a bad shooting night. But then you look at his rebounding numbers which are higher than KAT. Well, he's playing much more minutes than KAT is in those games.

    I just think KAT has a bigger impact for his team presently because he's consistent in wins/losses.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    31,778
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I do believe that because you can't just look at averages here. Look at their games played and judge them individually. Towns has been consistent for his team all season long. Though, East is catching up, West is still a better conference right now. Towns has put up numbers in wins/losses. Here, I'll use his previous four losses as an example.

    Vs LAC (17 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals) 62% shooting
    Vs Detroit (18 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 3 steals) 80% shooting
    Vs Orlando (21 points, 12 rebounds, 6 blocks) 65% shooting
    Vs Memphis (14 points, 9 rebounds) 46% shooting

    So what you see is that KAT has an impact when he wins/loses. When Kristaps team loses, he's usually having a bad shooting night. But then you look at his rebounding numbers which are higher than KAT. Well, he's playing much more minutes than KAT is in those games.

    I just think KAT has a bigger impact for his team presently because he's consistent in wins/losses.
    Towns just had a 3 game stretch where he averaged 6 points and 5 rebounds.

    None of these rookies have been that consistent, it's part of being a rookie.

    The east has been better so far this year. I think Towns and KP have had a similar impact, I don't think you can really say one has had a bigger impact than the other. They both came to awful teams and now they both have been key players as those teams have both been around .500 this year. Though I think MIN has a lot more talent.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,089
    Quote Originally Posted by lamzoka View Post
    1- KAT
    2-KP
    3-Okafor
    4-Mudiay
    5-Winslow
    Mudiay has been a roller coaster and guys like Bjelica and McConnell are worth a look at replacing him in the top 5 but otherwise this list is good.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Towns just had a 3 game stretch where he averaged 6 points and 5 rebounds.

    None of these rookies have been that consistent, it's part of being a rookie.

    The east has been better so far this year. I think Towns and KP have had a similar impact, I don't think you can really say one has had a bigger impact than the other. They both came to awful teams and now they both have been key players as those teams have both been around .500 this year. Though I think MIN has a lot more talent.
    Sorry, West is still better. And that 3 game stretch where he averaged 6 points/5 rebounds was because he was very limited in those games since Wiggins was taking most of the shots and because he played very few minutes. His performance was consistent nonetheless. None of these rookies have been consistent? Dude, Towns has been consistent... he rarely has a terrible shooting game and his rebounding per36 is the same for ever game.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    31,778
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Sorry, West is still better. And that 3 game stretch where he averaged 6 points/5 rebounds was because he was very limited in those games since Wiggins was taking most of the shots and because he played very few minutes. His performance was consistent nonetheless. None of these rookies have been consistent? Dude, Towns has been consistent... he rarely has a terrible shooting game and his rebounding per36 is the same for ever game.
    why because you say so?...lol. East has been better statistically...

    Don't make excuses... Towns has been great, but you're reaching for arguments to favor him, even though I've already said he's been above KP so far. KP has been pretty consistent too, scored in double figures and grabbed at least 6 rebounds in 15 of 18 games.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    why because you say so?...lol. East has been better statistically...

    Don't make excuses... Towns has been great, but you're reaching for arguments to favor him, even though I've already said he's been above KP so far. KP has been pretty consistent too, scored in double figures and grabbed at least 6 rebounds in 15 of 18 games.
    Lol, so what are your arguments as to why KAT has been better? I'm not reaching at all... he has been more consistent. Check their averages/game logs. That's the proof you need. KP hasn't been consistently offensively like KAT has been. Again, he'll shoot 50% one game and then drop to 25% the next.. check the game logs. East has been better? I don't care what statistics show you, KAT has played better against the better teams than KP has.. and if you can't disprove that, IDC how good East has been. To say KAT is not more consistent than KP is bull. It's the only reason why KAT is ahead of him. Can you tell me why you put KAT ahead of KP? Record of East vs West is 29-29 and it was a much slower start for the WC teams than usual.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    14,333
    you all know that wins and impact has absolutely nothing to do with winning ROY right?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    31,778
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Lol, so what are your arguments as to why KAT has been better? I'm not reaching at all... he has been more consistent. Check their averages/game logs. That's the proof you need. KP hasn't been consistently offensively like KAT has been. Again, he'll shoot 50% one game and then drop to 25% the next.. check the game logs. East has been better? I don't care what statistics show you, KAT has played better against the better teams than KP has.. and if you can't disprove that, IDC how good East has been. To say KAT is not more consistent than KP is bull. It's the only reason why KAT is ahead of him. Can you tell me why you put KAT ahead of KP? Record of East vs West is 29-29 and it was a much slower start for the WC teams than usual.
    he's scored more, rebounded more, blocked more shots and he's been more efficient.

    I'm not too caught up in game to game FG % as a measure of consistency. KP shoots a lot of 3's, his game in general is much more perimeter based, so his game to game FG% will reflect that. But he's been a pretty consistent producer on both ends whether his jumper falls or not.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    31,778
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    you all know that wins and impact has absolutely nothing to do with winning ROY right?
    That's partly because rookies tend to be negative impact players. But this year, KP and Towns have been by far positive impact rookies.

    I think usually it's the guy with the highest PPG that wins ROY... but the league in general has been more advanced stat oriented lately... I'm not so sure just winning the PPG column will be enough this year. Okafor will have to outscore KP & Towns by alot more than 2-3 points IMO if he's going to win it the way things stand.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    14,333
    dont buy it. all 3 teams are doing pretty much what was expected, obviously the sixers were expected to have a t least a few wins by now but injuries have played a big role in that. Okafor is already 3+ pt ahead in scoring and catching in rebounds daily with being only 1 per game behind right now from both but even still I think Towns wins if he continues to have around the same line he has now.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •