Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Rockets Head Coach Kevin Mchale Fired

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/11/18/9754544/Kevin-mchale-fired-houston-rockets

After a disappointing 4-7 start to the season, the*Houston Rockets*have fired head coach*Kevin McHale, according to*Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Assistant coach*J.B. Bickerstaf will take over head coaching duties on an interim basis while Chris Finch will become associate head coach, per*Wojnarowski.

More details to come.

Well damn that came outta nowhere

No more excuses. I keep seeing rockets fans post that the players weren't motivated because of mchale, that's not the coach's job. If players arent motivated on their own then they got bigger problems. They better step it up now.

Needed to happen. Team is just giving no effort out there

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baller View Post
    Needed to happen. Team is just giving no effort out there
    Is that really McHale's fault though? They seemed to give more effort than this last year

Scopegoat. Just admit the team doesn't have any leadership from it's star player when the team is down
    Stay Humble

Quote Originally Posted by YAALREADYKNO View Post
    Well damn that came outta nowhere
    They've been talking about it on ESPN radio for a week at least.

Any idea why the first McHale fired thread was closed?

Dumb

JETS KNICKS YANKEES RANGERS

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    No more excuses. I keep seeing rockets fans post that the players weren't motivated because of mchale, that's not the coach's job. If players arent motivated on their own then they got bigger problems. They better step it up now.
    I disagree. The coach is the only person who can get the whole team together working at their best. You need players who are self motivating too, but not everyone is motivated the same way. If a player is under performing the coach is the person who controls their minutes, and is the only one who can tell them "fix it or you don't play" The best coaches put their players in the best situations to succeed which leads to more motivated players. The SF Giants don't win without Bochy managing the personalities in the clubhouse, the playing time on the field, and the game strategy.

I don't think McHale is the main issue, and the firing seems like giving up awfully quickly in this season, but to say that coaches have no responsibility for the effort the players on the floor give is just too simplistic a position.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I disagree. The coach is the only person who can get the whole team together working at their best. You need players who are self motivating too, but not everyone is motivated the same way. If a player is under performing the coach is the person who controls their minutes, and is the only one who can tell them "fix it or you don't play" The best coaches put their players in the best situations to succeed which leads to more motivated players. The SF Giants don't win without Bochy managing the personalities in the clubhouse, the playing time on the field, and the game strategy.

I don't think McHale is the main issue, and the firing seems like giving up awfully quickly in this season, but to say that coaches have no responsibility for the effort the players on the floor give is just too simplistic a position.
    I'd agree with that, however they had motivation last year it seemed. Harden was making an effort at times to play defense, guys seemed to be playing with a purpose. What changed from last year to this year?

Back to the Timberwolves perhaps?

The amount of power Lil B and the Kardashians have is crazy.

It is too hard to play basketball with no gameplan...like ever...

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Is that really McHale's fault though? They seemed to give more effort than this last year
    I mean if he lost the locker room, then its time for a change. Don't think its his fault, but they can't keep getting blown out the gym every night and not expect a move to be made. This team has too much for talent for this.

Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor187 View Post
    Back to the Timberwolves perhaps?
    Please no. Keep him out of our country club. We already have the next in line from the club in mitchell....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast