Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 63
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    109
    Oh, you need help. you think Dirk was just a jump shooter. Go watch some dunk videos of Dirk right now. Type in Dirk dunk on youtube and you'll see all the dunks he had in his first 5 seasons.

    Dirk was way fast in his early years and would play a lot of point center or point foward. He would drive to the rim about half the time and was one of the leaders in And 1's at the rim, layups at the rim and even had about 60 dunks a season back then. Also was in the top 10 in FTA's FTA means Free Throw Attempts. I have to make sure with you. you don't know basic basketball lingo.

    Dirk was leading the team in scoring from 2000- on. Which was when he was like 21 years old. Even Don Nelson kept telling idiots like you that Dirk is a hard worker and that it will be about 2 years after the draft for him to reach his prime. The draft was in 98 In 2000 he was in his prime averaging 22, 9.3, 1.2 blocks. Blocks that's another thing he'd get more of in his prime. Also like I said he LED THE LEAGUE in CLUTCH points in 2000 when he was 21 years old. He was also 3rd in the NBA in ROAD SCORING on 50% shooting. It was one of the best ROAD seasons in the history of the NBA in 2000-01 for Dirk.

    you just don't know much about Dirk ,You never watched the Mavs or basketball. You probaly just started acting like you payed attention to it for the social aspect of it all in Dallas at the time. You know like some people social drink.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas/Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by AirPippen33 View Post
    Oh, you need help. you think Dirk was just a jump shooter. Go watch some dunk videos of Dirk right now. Type in Dirk dunk on youtube and you'll see all the dunks he had in his first 5 seasons.

    Dirk was way fast in his early years and would play a lot of point center or point foward. He would drive to the rim about half the time and was one of the leaders in And 1's at the rim, layups at the rim and even had about 60 dunks a season back then. Also was in the top 10 in FTA's FTA means Free Throw Attempts. I have to make sure with you. you don't know basic basketball lingo.

    Dirk was leading the team in scoring from 2000- on. Which was when he was like 21 years old. Even Don Nelson kept telling idiots like you that Dirk is a hard worker and that it will be about 2 years after the draft for him to reach his prime. The draft was in 98 In 2000 he was in his prime averaging 22, 9.3, 1.2 blocks. Blocks that's another thing he'd get more of in his prime. Also like I said he LED THE LEAGUE in CLUTCH points in 2000 when he was 21 years old. He was also 3rd in the NBA in ROAD SCORING on 50% shooting. It was one of the best ROAD seasons in the history of the NBA in 2000-01 for Dirk.

    you just don't know much about Dirk ,You never watched the Mavs or basketball. You probaly just started acting like you payed attention to it for the social aspect of it all in Dallas at the time. You know like some people social drink.
    So a couple of dunks made Dirk an attacking machine? Shaq would hit both free throws sometimes does that make him a good free throw shooter? Why did teams back in the day put smaller 6'7-6'8 more athletic guys on him then? Because they would take away his ability to beat them off the dribble and force him to take tough contested JUMP SHOTS! If you say he was in his prime back then when he still had athleticism then why didn't he ever get to an NBA finals? The mavs would never get past the Kings because like I said the Kings had the perfect game plan for him. It wasn't until he developed his post game that teams stopped putting 6'7-6'8 players on Dirk. All you do is look at stats and that's what tells you the whole story smh. I know you didn't watch the mavs or Dirk back then because even people who didn't really watch him knew teams used to put their smaller athletic defenders on Dirk to make him one dimensional because he had little to no post game and that is what everyone was saying he needed to work on.
    Last edited by YAALREADYKNO; 11-10-2015 at 12:48 AM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,270
    Quote Originally Posted by AirPippen33 View Post
    I'd say you're getting testy. I do know about the Wolves and you're sort of fibbing and straight lying about Garnett in the playoffs. You don't what me to find his best playoff seasons in his prime do you.

    also he carried two career losers to the Championships and Finals two times. Let's not pretend that Pierce and allen were world beaters.

    22/13/5/1.5/1.5 for his best 7 Playoffs in a row.

    That's pretty good for the West where all team have multiple HOFers.

    KG was healthy for one season in the East and that one season he happened to Win the Title.

    he was 1 for 1.

    Lebron is 2 for 12.


    I'll take the 1 for 1 odds.
    if there is one person on this entire site you don't want to talk about KG with, it's me.

    I am not testy. I love KG. But he was a straight up ***** when the clutch happened, and the sole reason he isn't a top 5 player ever is because he ran and hid when it mattered most.

    So, let's talk about each and every game he played. Show me how you possibly know more about the Wolves, than I do.

    Good luck Bron hater

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by YAALREADYKNO View Post
    So a couple of dunks made Dirk an attacking machine? Shaq would hit both free throws sometimes does that make him a good free throw shooter? Why did teams back in the day put smaller 6'7-6'8 more athletic guys on him then? Because they would take away his ability to beat them off the dribble and force him to take tough contested JUMP SHOTS! If you say he was in his prime back then when he still had athleticism then why didn't he ever get to an NBA finals? The mavs would never get past the Kings because like I said the Kings had the perfect game plan for him. It wasn't until he developed his post game that teams stopped putting 6'7-6'8 players on Dirk. All you do is look at stats and that's what tells you the whole story smh. I know you didn't watch the mavs or Dirk back then because even people who didn't really watch him knew teams used to put their smaller athletic defenders on Dirk to make him one dimensional because he had little to no post game and that is what everyone was saying he needed to work on.
    If you put a PF on him in his ATHLETIC PRIME which was 00-05 He would just simply up fake him and drive right around him everytime for the left layup or the lefty jam. Sometimes he'd dunk it with his right. As for his dunks. They don't put very many of them on Youtube because well, people in Dallas weren't recording games and making high light packages of him. Same with people in San Antonio and other cities for Duncan and Robinson.
    Dirk would dunk about 60 times a season. That is almost 1 dunk a game and he would get about 300 layups a season. for about 4 layups per game. So that is 5 baskets a game at the rim.

    Then some teams saw that a PF couldn't guard him so they would put a SF on him. Nelson would then tell Nash to call 4 Down. Nash would do this and pass to Dirk on the LOW block for an easy post up play 5 feet from the basket. They would run this play about 12 times a game from 00-05 until Nelson left. Avery wasn't the offensive genius that Nelson was at finding and exploiting mismatches.
    Last edited by AirPippen33; 11-10-2015 at 08:56 AM.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    if there is one person on this entire site you don't want to talk about KG with, it's me.

    I am not testy. I love KG. But he was a straight up ***** when the clutch happened, and the sole reason he isn't a top 5 player ever is because he ran and hid when it mattered most.

    So, let's talk about each and every game he played. Show me how you possibly know more about the Wolves, than I do.

    Good luck Bron hater
    Could you be SPECIFIC about a certain game when he didn't want to take the final shot to win a game?

    Also was Shaq and Wilt Clutch? Why are they both top 5 players all time then?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas/Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,245
    Yeah ok now I really know you weren't watching the mavs and Dirk in the early 00's. Nash was gone by the 04-05 season and the mavs tried to turn Jason terry into a pg which obviously didn't work out. Also, teams from 00-04 used to put small forwards on Dirk because they knew he was most likely gonna just settle for a jumper. Why do you think once Nash left his 3pt attempts dropped drastically? It's because he couldn't rely on running that pick & pop play with with a Jason terry who isn't half the passer Nash was and terry just couldn't run and set up an offense. That's when Dirk started to develop somewhat of a low post game and teams started to stop putting their 6'7-6'8 small forwards on Dirk. It's not hard to see that once Nash left Dirk became even a better player than he already was.

    And yes shaq is pretty clutch. You don't win back to back to back championships as the main guy if you're not playing up to par. Kg as great as he was in the regular season just couldn't elevate his game in the postseason like some of the other greats.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    109
    obviously you didn't watch young Dirk. you're just listening to the chatter around you to form your opinion.

    Dirk would drive and post up most all the time. (at least half his shots). Go type in the Nike Hoops Summit Dirk Nowitzki. You'll see him as a 19 year old with NBA game already in the key and around the rim.

    Dirk was the first 7 foot SF ever. Bradley, Juwan Howard, and Dirk. Who is the SF there and the PF.

    Bradley, Trent, Dirk. Who is the SF

    Bradley, Laettner and Dirk was even a starting lineup a few times.

    You don't know who any of these players are so it's useless.

    KG was also a SF but KG is actually 6'11.

    Dirk was a SF/PF and vice versa PF/SF also played and started at center a few times. I remember one time Don Nelson doing that against Shaq in his prime. He was trying to draw Shaq out of the lane, because he explained on the radio before the game how Shaq completely shuts down the lane on defense by him self practically. (haters won't tell you that about Shaq). Dirk did well there in LA. He had 33 points on like 15 shots. I would have to get the boxscore to see the exact numbers but I'm pretty much right. A lot better than anyone else could do without looking at the boxscore.

    In the Nelson years, the only play Nelson would call was 4 down. Which meant Dirk on the block. he would call that about 15 times a game. Dirk would get about 10 shots out or it and pass off 5 other times. Even Nelson said that is the main reason they drafted Dirk, because he had a post game and he was strong and said it was the favorite thing they liked about Dirk.

    you're just listening to all the chatter and people that didnt' like Don Nelson and wanted him out. They would lie and say good riddance and then say Dirk has automatically learned to post up with Avery. Actually Avery called less post up plays for Dirk. dumb people just didn't like Don Nelson for different petty reasons and also Don was in a feud and lawsuit with Mark Cuban the area darling at the time so that added to it.
    Last edited by AirPippen33; 11-10-2015 at 11:39 AM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas/Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,245
    Quote Originally Posted by AirPippen33 View Post
    obviously you didn't watch young Dirk. you're just listening to the chatter around you to form your opinion.

    Dirk would drive and post up most all the time. (at least half his shots). Go type in the Nike Hoops Summit Dirk Nowitzki. You'll see him as a 19 year old with NBA game already in the key and around the rim.

    Dirk was the first 7 foot SF ever. Bradley, Juwan Howard, and Dirk. Who is the SF there and the PF.

    Bradley, Trent, Dirk. Who is the SF.

    Bradley, Laettner and Dirk was even a starting lineup a few times.

    You don't know who any of these players are so it's useless.

    KG was also a SF but KG is actually 6'11.

    the only play Nelson would call was 4 down. Which meant Dirk on the block. he would call that about 15 times a game. Dirk would get about 10 shots our or it and pass off 5 other times. Even Nelson said that is the main reason they drafted Dirk, because he had a post game and he was strong. Yes they could see he could shoot for a 7 footer and dribble and run, but Nelson himself said they wouldn't had drafted him had he not had the post game he had. He also said it was their favorite thing about him.

    you're just listening to all the chatter and people that didnt' like Don Nelson and wanted him out. They would lie and say good riddance and then say Dirk has automatically learned to post up with Avery. Actually Avery called less post up plays for Dirk. dumb people just didn't like Don Nelson for different petty reasons and also Don was in a feud and lawsuit with Mark Cuban the area darling at the time.
    If Dirk was posting up all the time then why was he being defended by 6'7-6'8 guys who were more athletic who could stay in front of him even though Dirk had a good 5-6 inches on them? It's because he didn't really post up like how he did today and they knew he couldn't get by those guys and that forced Dirk to take contested jump shots all the time. That was the biggest flaw in dirks game early in his career. He played pf but just cause you're a pf doesn't mean that other teams have to defend you with another pf smh. It wasn't until Dirk developed a post game that teams went back to defending Dirk with big guys again, but then again why try to argue with you when you think a prime kg was better than a prime lebron lolol i love how you keep saying lebron was 2-4 in the finals but always avoid talking about how kg was getting his *** kicked in the first round for 6 years in a row 😂

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    109
    [QUOTE=YAALREADYKNO;30497532]If Dirk was posting up all the time then why was he being defended by 6'7

    Could you be specific? Which teams were doing that and which players?

    In his early 6 years he was rarely if ever defended by SF's. If you did, Don Nelson would quickly call a low post up 5 feet from the basket and Dirk would take his time and be patient and back the smaller defender down and either dunk on him or lay it in. Dirk could also do this against established PF's too by the way.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas/Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,245
    [QUOTE=AirPippen33;30497599]
    Quote Originally Posted by YAALREADYKNO View Post
    If Dirk was posting up all the time then why was he being defended by 6'7

    Could you be specific? Which teams were doing that and which players?

    In his early 6 years he was rarely if ever defended by SF's. If you did, Don Nelson would quickly call a low post up 5 feet from the basket and Dirk would take his time and be patient and back the smaller defender down and either dunk on him or lay it in. Dirk could also do this against established PF's too by the way.
    The Kings did that with turkoglu and the Spurs did that with Bowen. The Warriors also did that with Stephen Jackson and it worked every time. The mavs only beat the Kings in 02-03 because c-Webb got injured. The very next year the Kings smashed the mavs 4-1. Dirk was a spot up shooting perimeter guy who would run the pick and pop with Nash before he turned into a post up isolation matchup nightmare for everyone. Once he developed a post game that's when teams had no choice but to put bigger guys on him because now he would just back them down and score. Before that teams would stick there most athletic wing player on Dirk and force him to run that pick and pop with Nash or force him to take tough contested jump shots because he wasn't taking a 6'7-6'8 athletic wing off the dribble.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    109
    [QUOTE=YAALREADYKNO;30497624][QUOTE=AirPippen33;30497599]

    The Kings did that with turkoglu and the Spurs did that with Bowen. The Warriors also did that with Stephen Jackson and it worked every time. The mavs only beat the Kings in 02

    The Mavs were going to win the Kings series in 03 anyway. They were leading throughout the series. Dirk was playing great. He averaged like 25 and 15 in the series.

    You're a straight up LIAR. Everything you say is a lie.

    So Bowen wasn't even in SAN Antonio until like 04. What did they guard Dirk with before that. Danny Ferry who is a 6'10 pf. They would also put Duncan on him some, but the Spurs didnt' like that matchup because then Dirk would pull Duncan out from the hoop and force their best shot blocker to come out from under the hoop. See, it's called strategy, something you don't know.

    Also I like the way Dirk won game 7 in San Antonio on bowen and ginobili.

    When GS guarded him with Stephen Jackson they were triple teaming him everytime he caught the ball or started to drive. That was Don Nelsons Defense.

    You're all over the place, that was also in 07.

    you didn't watch Dirk from the beginning. He was a BIG PF on the post that was 7 feet and 250 pure muscle.

    He was usually guarded by players like Webber, Garnett, Donyell Marshall, Malone, Duncan, Ferry, McDyess,

    It affected teams defense too much because Dirk was a 40% three point shooter and consistent. So really pretty much the first was Don Nelson decided to put a bunch of guards on him in 07. It worked because avery can't coach to save his life didn't know how to call a 4 - down play. Had Avery called 4-down each time Dirk would've averaged 30 a game on the Warriors and they would've beat the Warriors in 07. But Avery didn't want to win.

    From day one if you put a sf on Dirk he'll post him up. If you put a defensive PF that likes to hang around the basket he'll pull him out. This is from day one. You just weren't on board the entire time as a Mavs fan. Infact he'd even post up most PF's.

    I specifically remember him winning a game in Denver around 2000 December where he backed a Prime McDyess in to the middle of the lane faked a shot and McDyess jumped on him then pump faked and went up for a shot that he made from about 7 feet away in the very middle of the lane with like 3 seconds left in the game. He made the AND 1 free throw and the Mavs won by 2.
    Last edited by AirPippen33; 11-10-2015 at 01:13 PM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas/Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,245
    [QUOTE=AirPippen33;30497694][QUOTE=YAALREADYKNO;30497624]
    Quote Originally Posted by AirPippen33 View Post

    The Kings did that with turkoglu and the Spurs did that with Bowen. The Warriors also did that with Stephen Jackson and it worked every time. The mavs only beat the Kings in 02

    The Mavs were going to win the Kings series in 03 anyway. They were leading throughout the series. Dirk was playing great. He averaged like 25 and 15 in the series.

    You're a straight up LIAR. Everything you say is a lie.

    So Bowen wasn't even in SAN Antonio until like 04. What did they guard Dirk with before that. Danny Ferry who is a 6'10 pf. They would also put Duncan on him some, but the Spurs didnt' like that matchup because then Dirk would pull Duncan out from the hoop and force their best shot blocker to come out from under the hoop. See, it's called strategy, something you don't know.

    Also I like the way Dirk won game 7 in San Antonio on bowen and ginobili.

    When GS guarded him with Stephen Jackson they were triple teaming him everytime he caught the ball or started to drive. That was Don Nelsons Defense.

    You're all over the place, that was also in 07.

    you didn't watch Dirk from the beginning. He was a BIG PF on the post that was 7 feet and 250 pure muscle.

    He was usually guarded by players like Webber, Garnett, Donyell Marshall, Malone, Duncan, Ferry, McDyess,

    It affected teams defense too much because Dirk was a 40% three point shooter and consistent. So really pretty much the first was Don Nelson decided to put a bunch of guards on him in 07. It worked because avery can't coach to save his life didn't know how to call a 4 - down play. Had Avery called 4-down each time Dirk would've averaged 30 a game on the Warriors and they would've beat the Warriors in 07. But Avery didn't want to win.

    From day one if you put a sf on Dirk he'll post him up. If you put a defensive PF that likes to hang around the basket he'll pull him out. This is from day one. You just weren't on board the entire time as a Mavs fan. Infact he'd even post up most PF's.

    I specifically remember him winning a game in Denver around 2000 December where he backed a Prime McDyess in to the middle of the lane faked a shot and McDyess jumped on him then pump faked and went up for a shot that he made from about 7 feet away in the very middle of the lane with like 3 seconds left in the game. He made the AND 1 free throw and the Mavs won by 2.
    The Spurs did defend Dirk with Bruce Bowen wtf? Lolol even before he got there they had a 6'7 Malik rose defending Dirk a lot of the time and even ginobili defended him at times. Duncan was barley guarding Dirk.
    Even in the 05 playoffs when the mavs and rockets were matched up the rockets put a 6'9 Ryan Bowen and a 6'8 McGrady on Dirk and that limited dirk. The next round against the Suns they were using Shawn Marion and joe Johnson to try to limit Dirk. Anybody who knows basketball will tell you Dirk had his way with the bigger guys early in his career and it was the smaller athletic guys with length that bothered him the most.
    In the 06 finals a 6'8 udonis Haslem gave Dirk some problems and the very next year in 07 Dirk was struggling against who? Athletic wing defenders with some length to them. Don Nelson had the perfect game plan for Dirk but Dirk was relying too much on his face up instead of making golden state pay by putting smaller players on him. Do you remember any of that if you really watched Dirk early in his career or am I just making that up? Smh

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    109
    [QUOTE=YAALREADYKNO;30497756][QUOTE=AirPippen33;30497694]
    Quote Originally Posted by YAALREADYKNO View Post

    The Spurs did defend Dirk with Bruce Bowen wtf? Lolol even before he got there they had a 6'7 Malik rose defending Dirk a lot of the time and even ginobili defended him at times. Duncan was barley guarding Dirk.
    Even in the 05 playoffs when the mavs and rockets were matched up the rockets put a 6'9 Ryan Bowen and a 6'8 McGrady on Dirk and that limited dirk. The next round against the Suns they were using Shawn Marion and joe Johnson to try to limit Dirk. Anybody who knows basketball will tell you Dirk had his way with the bigger guys early in his career and it was the smaller athletic guys with length that bothered him the most.
    In the 06 finals a 6'8 udonis Haslem gave Dirk some problems and the very next year in 07 Dirk was struggling against who? Athletic wing defenders with some length to them. Don Nelson had the perfect game plan for Dirk but Dirk was relying too much on his face up instead of making golden state pay by putting smaller players on him. Do you remember any of that if you really watched Dirk early in his career or am I just making that up? Smh
    Do you have any idea why a team didn't want to put a 7 footer on Dirk? I want you to answer that. What would it do to the teams defense?

    His best scoring seasons PER SHOT were actually when Don Nelson coached him because Don would have him on the low block half the game. I'm not exhaggerating at all when I say that. It was Avery who didn't like the post up offense and went more to a guard oriented jumpshooting offense. Eventhough Dirk had already proved to be a great post up player. Remember it was Avery that pulled Dampier and Diop in the 07 Playoffs. He went with Dirk at the 5 and 4 guards. It played into GS's hands because GS had the better guards.

    Dirk was a post up player from day one. Ask Charles Barkley in the 98-99 Season.

    Dirk was even more of a post player than Garnett was.

    Dirk was a mismatch problem for opposing team from day one. Because he was 7 feet, could post up and could shoot. He had it all. He could even drive.

    you're just listening to BS media that thought they had to make excuses for Avery in 05, 06 and 07 so the meida liking Avery a lot and much more than Dirk decided to make up things and lie. Dirk was a post up freak in 01-02-03... o4 he didn't get the ball much with ball hog walker on the team, but once again a post up freak in 05 and then Avery started to just like jumpshots with Terry mainly. Avery was a horrible coach. The media loved him though because he worked at ESPN, NBA TV for several years and he'd been in a few movies.

    Dirk could post up every season.

    the reason they finally won a title is because they the West wasn't as great finally and the East was horrible and they didn't rig the 11 Finals. So he finally got his ring. They didn't rig it against him like they did in 06.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas/Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,245
    [QUOTE=AirPippen33;30497914][QUOTE=YAALREADYKNO;30497756]
    Quote Originally Posted by AirPippen33 View Post

    Do you have any idea why a team didn't want to put a 7 footer on Dirk? I want you to answer that. What would it do to the teams defense?

    His best scoring seasons PER SHOT were actually when Don Nelson coached him because Don would have him on the low block half the game. I'm not exhaggerating at all when I say that. It was Avery who didn't like the post up offense and went more to a guard oriented jumpshooting offense. Eventhough Dirk had already proved to be a great post up player. Remember it was Avery that pulled Dampier and Diop in the 07 Playoffs. He went with Dirk at the 5 and 4 guards. It played into GS's hands because GS had the better guards.

    Dirk was a post up player from day one. Ask Charles Barkley in the 98-99 Season.

    Dirk was even more of a post player than Garnett was.

    Dirk was a mismatch problem for opposing team from day one. Because he was 7 feet, could post up and could shoot. He had it all. He could even drive.

    you're just listening to BS media that thought they had to make excuses for Avery in 05, 06 and 07 so the meida liking Avery a lot and much more than Dirk decided to make up things and lie. Dirk was a post up freak in 01-02-03... o4 he didn't get the ball much with ball hog walker on the team, but once again a post up freak in 05 and then Avery started to just like jumpshots with Terry mainly. Avery was a horrible coach. The media loved him though because he worked at ESPN, NBA TV for several years and he'd been in a few movies.

    Dirk could post up every season.

    the reason they finally won a title is because they the West wasn't as great finally and the East was horrible and they didn't rig the 11 Finals. So he finally got his ring. They didn't rig it against him like they did in 06.

    Not early in his career he wasn't SMH. Its clear to me you did not watch the mavs at all. Nelson wanted dirk to be that stretch 4 and shoot away 3's. He ran the pick and pop with nash countless times. He's the coach who in the final minutes of the game wanted Dirk to just be a floor spacer to make room for nash and finley. He was the coach who traded away nick van exel and brought in Antoine walker so he could move Dirk to center so he could play more small ball. You have no idea what you are saying at all its ridiculous.
    Why do you think Nelson in golden state knew how to match up against Dirk? I've been telling you this whole entire time Dirk had his way with the bigger guys in the league and the smaller more athletic guys were the ones who would give him the most trouble.
    Dirk would spot up and shoot a lot and would usually drive right pass by the bigger guys if they were defending him. Then teams started figuring out that if you put a quicker guy on Dirk with enough length to bother his shot he'd be less effective. Its no accident that everytime you saw the mavs and kings matched up you saw a guy like Hedo defend dirk more than you did divac or c-webb.
    When the spurs defended him they didn't put nesterovic or Duncan on him. They put a 6'7 malik rose and even ginobili got some chances to guard dirk before bruce bowen got there. The suns the same thing with shawn marion and joe Johnson.
    For a guy who supposedly watched dirk for his whole career you sound like you barley started watching him from 07 on. He was never this good in the post as to where he is now for his whole entire career. Just stop. smh
    Last edited by YAALREADYKNO; 11-10-2015 at 03:02 PM.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by AirPippen33 View Post
    Although everyone including Ray Allen himself knows that the 13 Finals was luck. They needed a major Popovich mistake and a lucky three by Ray Allen.

    Really James has 1 Ring legitimately he knows darn well he didn't deserve the 13 one and the Spurs proved it in convincing fashion in the 14 Finals. They set a record for the best beating ever. Miami didn't even want to play on the same team with each other after that beating. Pretty much ruining that franchise forever.


    Also when Miami did beat the Celtics it wasn't even convincingly and Allen, Pierce, and Garnett were already past their primes. Also Rondo was injured.

    Head to Head both in their primes Garnett owned Lebron.

    Also I would say that Lebron had more overall in Cleveland than Garnett had in Minn.

    Also it's the West vs the East and not only that but Garnett played in the Jordan era some. He played in that better era and James never even played in that era. James was going against an old Piston team that was way past their primes and an old Nets team with an injured Kidd and things like that.

    The East was a joke from like 00-well really now....
    What the heck? A big shot to win a game by an all time great shooter no longer counts as anything but luck? We taking rings from Detroit, LA, San Antonio because of what Elliott, Chauncey, Horry and Fisher did too while we are at it? How much history are we rewriting because we wish he hadn't made that shot?

    So are we taking away Garnetts only ring because PJ Brown has the luckiest game of his life in the 4th quarter of a game 7 ECF? You really want to just erase Garnett's lone championship?

    And what do you mean Lebron didn't do well vs. that Celtics team. He was 34 and 11 on 53% shooting in that series. In what aspect was Garnett even close to him there? That was the short year where the old celtics were playing better off a short season, and yes Rondo got hurt. His team was down 2-0 with a healthy Rondo though.


    Are we removing rings from Jordan because an old *** Chris Mullin pushed him further than he should have? lol


    And "he played in the Jordan Era"... you are serious about that? He averaged 15-8 in the Jordan era, and couldn't even get out of the first round. He beat a Jordan Bulls team... ONCE. Really?

    Prime Lebron got a crap team around him and left because he couldn't win in the finals with them and left and formed a team that won multiple championships. Prime Garnett got a crap team around him and left because he couldn't even get them in the playoffs, and formed a team that won a championship.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •