Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the NFL

Angry

Dolphins request permission to speak with Josh McDaniels, Matt Patricia
    Per Mike Reiss - ESPN http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-...t/_/id/4789458
    Nooooooo. Stay away from Patricia!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistamyrick View Post
    I'm with you there. I'd rather see McDaniels leave over Patricia. Granted I'd like them both back, but we've survived without McDaniels before...And in all honesty, when you have Brady, the Offensive Coordinator's job is rather easy. Patricia is the best Defensive Coordinator we've had since Crennel and it's not even close. I want to see him stay for the long term (and if I had to guess, his allegiance to BB is stronger than McDaniels anyways).

As we see with most teams in the NFL, the key to success is continuity. BB-McDaniels-Patricia has been here a long time and are a proven winning combination. I'd like to see it stay intact for as long as possible.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I'm with you there. I'd rather see McDaniels leave over Patricia. Granted I'd like them both back, but we've survived without McDaniels before...And in all honesty, when you have Brady, the Offensive Coordinator's job is rather easy. Patricia is the best Defensive Coordinator we've had since Crennel and it's not even close. I want to see him stay for the long term (and if I had to guess, his allegiance to BB is stronger than McDaniels anyways).

As we see with most teams in the NFL, the key to success is continuity. BB-McDaniels-Patricia has been here a long time and are a proven winning combination. I'd like to see it stay intact for as long as possible.
    Completely agree. McDaniels job isn't easy, but it's easier* with Brady and company on the roster. I don't want to see him leave either but if I had to choose one of the two coordinators to give up, he'd be my choice 10 out of 10 times.

With Patricia, I hope he stays in place until BB decides to move into the GM position full-time and Patricia transitions to the HC slot. I think he is the perfect fit to replace BB as HC, with BB remaining in charge of the team personnel decisions. It would be a perfect mentorship, IMO, for success for not only Patricia but the Patriots organization as well.

I don't think either of them are crazy enough to leave the Patriots to go to a division rival, not while BB is still coaching anyway. McDaniels has already seen first hand that it's not an easy transition to HC without the right personnel in place and with the right organization. I don't think either of them will want to be handcuffed by the Miami ownership so I don't see either of them leaving for that position yet. At least I hope not anyway!

Aust is online now BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Colts extend Pagano and Grigson bahahahaha
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Outstanding moves! I feel bad for Andrew Luck. Been there what 5yrs and no improvements whatsoever to that Oline? Dude will be wheelchair bound in 2017. Maybe ol' Pagano will draw up the classic Annexation of Puerto Rico next time he tries to match wits against Belichick.

He growls as he storms the country,
    A villain big and bold.
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
    As he robs them of their gold.

I laughed my *** off when I saw this. I just pictured all sorts of crazy scenarios with that idiot Irsay.

Irsay (to his right hand man) - "Ok, let's just cut ties and move on"

-Let's Pagano enter the room

Irsay: "Listen Chuck..." - gets cut off by Pagano

Pagano: "I know what you're thinking, but just hear me out. I stayed here after I beat cancer. I can beat the Patriots if I can beat cancer"

Irsay: "Interesting...You're right. I never thought of it like that. Chuck...I'd like to offer you a 4 year extension to be one of the highest paid coaches in the league. Do we have a deal?"

Pagano shakes his hand quickly and walks quickly and quietly out the door. Slams it behind him and jumps up and down shouting "Today is the best day of my life!!!"

City of Champions

Calvin Johnson considering retirement. Oh man, I'd love to pair him with Brady.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Calvin Johnson considering retirement. Oh man, I'd love to pair him with Brady.
    Like I mentioned in another thread! He is sick of Detroit IMO. He's made his money, if he wants a pay cut and trade a la Randy Moss it has to get done. Tom needs a guy who can do things outside the numbers. This is a matchup made in heaven.
    PSD's Brian Tyms

Quote Originally Posted by holywack17 View Post
    Like I mentioned in another thread! He is sick of Detroit IMO. He's made his money, if he wants a pay cut and trade a la Randy Moss it has to get done. Tom needs a guy who can do things outside the numbers. This is a matchup made in heaven.
    I really thought/hoped the Pats would have made a run for him this season and I would still love to see them do it for next season. If that becomes an option and the price is right, I'm sure BB will at least look in to it to find out their asking price. However, I don't think CJ is at the same point in his career that Moss was at the time of his trade, so I would expect CJ to fetch a lot more than just a 4th round draft pick.

With our 2016 cap already limited (without projecting restructured contracts or future cuts) he would obviously need to agree to a pretty hefty pay cut:
    Year: 2016 Age: 30 Base: $15,950,000 Signing Bonus: $3,200,000 Option Bonus: $4,000,000 Restructured Bonus: $858,000 Cap Hit: $24,008,000 Dead Cap: $12,916,000

Quote Originally Posted by mistamyrick View Post
    Apparently John Clayton mentioned yesterday that he "knows" McDaniels wants the Titans job.

“The thought around the league is that this is a very good job, because of Marcus Mariota. For example, obviously he can’t do anything – well, he could do something this week as far as interviewing – but Josh McDaniels I know wants this job,” Clayton
    http://nep.247sports.com/Bolt/John-C...s-job-42608044

NFL Agent Ben Dogra Banned 3 Years

Early Wednesday, per Rand Getlin of NFL Network, the NFL Players Association revoked the operating license of high-profile agent Ben Dogra and fined him $200,000.
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=389770

Seems interesting. I haven't seen anything yet that indicates why he has been banned though. I'm sure it'll come out eventually.

^Vollmer and Cannon have him as their agent.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Detroit Lions are expected to hire Patriots director of pro scouting Bob Quinn as their general manager, league sources told ESPN.
    Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 4h

Great landing spot. Worked his way up NE Ladder in a relatively anonymous fashion.

Dave Ziegler the current Assistant Director of Pro Scouting could move up the #Patriots ladder to fill Quinn's void.

With Caserio locked into a long term extension (thru at least 2020), this is a no-brainer for Quinn. Rose as far as he could in NE.
    Good that we already have a replacement candidate. I wish him well in Detroit.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

^ I remember there was a thread around the time of Deflate gate that got huge in the main forum that was all about how the Pats fumble ratio was impossibly lower than all other teams and that it all started after they couldn't "cheat" anymore after spygate so they found a new way to "cheat" by deflating balls to reduce fumbles.
    I guess that gets put to rest.

Could it be perhaps that BB came the realization that fumbling from RBs is one of the worst things to hurt a team? and that he values guys that don't fumble and get 3.7 yards a carry vs guys who fumble 5-6 times a year and avg 4.1? In his 16 years with the Pats could he have instituted over that time, physical and mental drills for RB's to reduce fumbling? Nah he couldn't have done that, because he is a cheater NOT a good coach.
    PSD's Brian Tyms

Losing Quinn is major, he was really good at this job. If he gets power down there, they won't be a joke in 3 years.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

All this Peyton Manning stuff is pretty awful. I feel bad for that woman having to go up against a powerful University and family with connections and influence.

The double standard media and public perception is pretty laughable. Attack the journalists instead of reading the articles and look for any reason to doubt this. If it were Brady, he would be crucified right now.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast