Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Texas Rangers Playoff Thread

Hey, the team's in the playoffs. Who knew? Game 1 is going on right now (both Beltre and Donaldson are out with injuries). Also, I'm liking Odor more and more with every game. Profar who?

Matchups:

Game 1: Price vs Gallardo
    Game 2: Stroman vs Hamels
    Game 3: Perez vs Estrada
    *Game 4: Undecided (probably Holland unless there's an injury) vs Dickey
    *Game 5: Price vs Gallardo

Rangers need to hang on in this game. The best matchup all series is Hamels vs Stroman. A rookie (a talented rookie) against our best pitcher should be a good chance to win. Getting two games in the bag takes a lot of pressure off the back end of the rotation. I think the Jays are the best team in the bigs and getting out of this series alive would be a huge upset. But as the Royals showed last year, anything can happen if you pitch well and play defense.

As I'm typing that, Bautista hits it 430 feet. What an ***.

Odor! Line drive home run. 5-3!

Can't believe both 3rd basemen are out

Yea. JB and Donaldson's stuff looks minor. Really concerned about Beltre. He's been insane the past month.

Ballgame!

Looks a little empty in here man.

I guess Texas fans aren't used to actually posting.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    I posted continuously during the glory years of 2010-2011. Let me be the first to admit I was completely wrong about this team - I predicted they would finish 10 games below .500. Would be ironic if they got on a roll and won it all in a year where there wasn't even perceived to be part of any window of opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Yea, we used to have an awesome group. A few douche canoes drove the vast majority away.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I posted continuously during the glory years of 2010-2011. Let me be the first to admit I was completely wrong about this team - I predicted they would finish 10 games below .500. Would be ironic if they got on a roll and won it all in a year where there wasn't even perceived to be part of any window of opportunity.
    Lets not get crazy. Our pitching doesn't match up with any of the NL clubs. But hey, you never know. There's magic about this years team.

Jays fan here...congrats on taking it to us the first 2 games...Bannister really out-managed Gibby with solid adjustments and game plan. I know every fan thinks the best in their team, and generally has a somewhat biased view for them. But as Rangers fans, what were your thoughts re: the strike zone and non-reversal call on Odur @ 2B in game 2? I watched the Fox feed and you know it's bad when every inning they are mentioning the strike zone, and then Alberts makes the comment "it's almost not worth mentioning any more..."

What do you think...were Jays fans just whining? Was the strike zone tilted in your favor last night (although in the last couple innings it was also inconsistent against you...although for the first 12 innings you got a lotta love from Carapazza!).

Texas Rangers Playoff Thread

The strike zone was inconsistent for both teams all game. If we would have lost I would have been bitter about it no doubt, as for odors "slide" the Rangers all season have been victimized by replay on calls that coulda/woulda/shoulda gone our way. This one I honestly thought would be reversed until I saw the replay. There really was nothing in there play that suggested the call be overturned, I believe his clear came off both the sole of his show stayed on. If he was ruled out initially and the Rangers challenged I would have been able to understand why there wasn't enough evidence to clearly overturn it.

I would agree that the replay wasn't 100% conclusive with Odor, but I think most could 'tell' his foot separated from the bag, and Tulo's glove was in that space.

As for the inconsistent strike zone for both teams...ahhhhh...I would say, IMHO, that Rangers fans had zero to complain about (maybe 2-3 zone calls) in the first 9-10 innings. In extras it was confusing for both sides, but the fist 9 innings, and I've heard from non-pro-Jays voices, that it was a laughable strike zone...and the Jays "had every reason to be cheesed with the ump."

But...absolutely nothing can be done about that, so all that's left is for both teams to go out and play. If the Rangers play like they have the first 2 games, and T.O. plays like they did the first 2 games, then congrats...you're going to the ALCS. If the Rangers play like they did in games 1 & 2...and the Jays play like they can...and not throw games away and swing for the fences every at-bat, then they should destroy Perez today...and feast on Holland or Lewis in game 4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast