Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan1984 View Post
    Hearing some interest in Asdrubal Cabrera. He could fit in at 2nd and would provide excellent defense and decent OPS. That would be a nice middle infield with Simmons. They could let Kubitza/Cowart platoon at 3rd and then sign the big LF.
    I don't think Cabrera is that great defensively, but I would still be ok with doing something like this. Pretty much anything is an upgrade of Gia defensively.

I agree with Hangin n Wangin. Gio is terrible definsively and nothing special with the bat, and he's really our only option at 2B. At 3B we have two viable options. Kubitza could easily match and outperform Gio's numbers offensively while providing slightly better defense. Cowart could provide excellent defense, although he'd likely struggle offensively. Gio isn't even a sure thing offensively he could easily take a huge step back next season and it wouldn't surprise me.
    Last edited by vladdy#27; 12-07-2015 at 03:51 PM.
    __________________________________._________

Hearing 2B Howie Kendrick is definitely open to reunion with #Angels and that team has expressed interest but not on front burner right now.
    The only way I'm okay with bringing in Kendrick or Murphy for 2B is if we sign Heyward. I'm not okay with losing our first pick for Kendrick or Murphy, but if we already lose our first pick on Heyward I can live with giving up a second rounder for one of those two.

RF Heyward
    2B Kendrick/Murphy
    CF Trout
    DH Pujols
    LF Calhoun
    1B Cron
    SS Simmons
    3B Kubitza/Cowart
    C Perez/Soto

The Angels have checked in on A's Brett Lawrie. I assume he's not their first option for 3b (Freese) but certainly would be a fit.
    I wouldn't give up too much for him. His bat isn't that good and neither is his defense

Another controllable reliever in demand: Per sources, #Angels drawing interest in Trevor Gott. Would want similar MLB value in return.
    If we trade Gott we would need to sign another relief pitcher to replace him and I would want a young second basemen back.

Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    I wouldn't give up too much for him. His bat isn't that good and neither is his defense

If we trade Gott we would need to sign another relief pitcher to replace him and I would want a young second basemen back.
    I like Gott, ill be pissed if we trade him. He could be an excellent 7th or 8th inning guy. I just want to see Heyward or Gordon in LF. Absolute perfect fit in the outfield and both left handed hitters.

The only way I'm okay with bringing in Kendrick or Murphy for 2B is if we sign Heyward. I'm not okay with losing our first pick for Kendrick or Murphy, but if we already lose our first pick on Heyward I can live with giving up a second rounder for one of those two.

RF Heyward
    2B Kendrick/Murphy
    CF Trout
    DH Pujols
    LF Calhoun
    1B Cron
    SS Simmons
    3B Kubitza/Cowart
    C Perez/Soto
    That's a nice line up.

I just really hope we aren't satisfied with Giavotella, re-signing freese for 3 years, and a minor upgrade in left field. That isn't good enough to make noise.

I like Gott, ill be pissed if we trade him. He could be an excellent 7th or 8th inning guy. I just want to see Heyward or Gordon in LF. Absolute perfect fit in the outfield and both left handed hitters.
    I like Gott too, but relievers are a lot cheaper than second basemen. If we could get a second basemen with 4-6 years for Gott. We could then go out and sign a reliever.

Gott/Free agent 2B at 50M
    Traded for 2B/Free agent reliever 20M-30M

A good way to save 20M-30M

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    That's a nice line up.

I just really hope we aren't satisfied with Giavotella, re-signing freese for 3 years, and a minor upgrade in left field. That isn't good enough to make noise.
    With the moves Eppler has made I don't think it's possible that we run Gio out there next year. Simmons, Soto, and Pennington are all good defensively. The rest of the guys on the team Trout, Calhoun, Pujols, Perez, and Cowart are also all good definsively. There's no way we keep Gio for second.

The Angels are telling clubs they’ll listen to offers on lefty C.J. Wilson, Scott Miller of Bleacher Report reports on Twitter. It seems that Los Angeles would be interested in clearing some payroll in a bid to address the multiple areas of need on the position-player side of the equation.
    We might need to thank Grienke and Price. Wilson was solid last year so a team might be willing to take on his full 20M dollar salary for next season rather than giving out a ridiculous contract to one of these free agent pitchers.

We might need to thank Grienke and Price. Wilson was solid last year so a team might be willing to take on his full 20M dollar salary for next season rather than giving out a ridiculous contract to one of these free agent pitchers.
    Damn, that makes a ton of sense .
    "Just another Halo Victory"

I don't think a team will take on his whole contract. He would also have to prove himself coming off of surgery as well.

I wonder if its possible to swap Wilson for Ethier...Dodgers need a 3/4 and also need to shed an outfielder. I wouldn't be interested in his whole contract but it might be a fit for both teams.

Sources: #Angels and Justin Upton's representatives having ongoing conversations. @FOXSports
    I'm pretty sure this is the move I said I thought made the most sense for the Angels. Upton will be a little cheaper than Heyward, while still providing good offense and defense, while also still being fairly young.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    I don't think a team will take on his whole contract. He would also have to prove himself coming off of surgery as well.
    All of it is asking a lot, but we should have no problem with a team taking at least half of it while giving us a solid prospect.

I wonder if its possible to swap Wilson for Ethier...Dodgers need a 3/4 and also need to shed an outfielder. I wouldn't be interested in his whole contract but it might be a fit for both teams.
    I don't really think the Dodgers are a fit. They have way too many left handed starting pitchers.

Kershaw, Rye, Wood, Anderson, and on top of that their top pitching prospect is a lefty.

Keep up with the updates guys. I don't have twitter and can't for the life of me find info on the halos winter meetings.

Angels GM Billy Eppler, on how close he's getting to a deal, using a football analogy: "Across the 50. The kicker is stretching."
    Sounds like a deal could happen tonight.

GM Billy Eppler has spoken to agents for all big FA OFs (Cespedes, Heyward, Upton, etc) but don't expect #Angels to set market w/first deal.
    I don't really want Cespedes. He's one of my last options. Unless we could get him for 100M or less which won't happen.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast