Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @jcrasnick: #Angels announce they've agreed to 2-yr deal with Cliff Pennington. $1.5M and $2.25M base salaries, plus performance bonuses.
    I don't mind this deal as all. Hopefully Featherston is ready to take over for him in two years
    __________________________________._________

No big deal. Just a utility player. It does make me think that we might end up going with Giavotella at second base and just substitute Pennington in for him in late innings when we have the lead. I really hope we get a better defensive starting second basemen though. Gia can't field a baseball.

I'm wondering if we have a shot at Frazier...would be a nice solid hitting 3rd baseman.

@JeffFletcherOCR: Angels moved Gary DiSarcina to 1B coach. Alfredo Griffin will be infield coach. Former bullpen coach Steve Soliz will be player info coach.

@JeffFletcherOCR: Angels announce Ron Roenicke will return to organization as 3B coach. He left to manage Brewers, then hired by Dodgers last season.

Nice bringing Roenicke back. Also getting DiSarcina off 3rd base

@Alden_Gonzalez: Source: Bud Black is rejoining the Angels, as well. He'll be in their front office, probably as a special assistant.

Wonder if we can get Maddon back too haha

Bringing back all of Scioscia's friends. I like Scioscia's friends, but I don't like Scioscia. Bud Black would be a better coach. Scioscia can't construct a line up or manage a bullpen.

Lol...so many people coming back...

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Bringing back all of Scioscia's friends. I like Scioscia's friends, but I don't like Scioscia. Bud Black would be a better coach. Scioscia can't construct a line up or manage a bullpen.
    One good thing about this is...if/when they decide to can Scioscia...there are plenty of in house replacements ready to go. If anyone can get it through his head to field a certain lineup...its his cronies.

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan1984 View Post
    One good thing about this is...if/when they decide to can Scioscia...there are plenty of in house replacements ready to go. If anyone can get it through his head to field a certain lineup...its his cronies.
    Definitely some good in house options. Hope Moreno doesn't ruin that by signing Scioscia to another 10 year deal.

I've seen some rumors about Chris Davis...could be a solid 1st baseman with left handed power. Maybe we can move Cron in a deal that would net us a left fielder/3rd baseman.

No surprise Trout didn't win the MVP. The writers have tunnel vision for the RBI. Most RBI's win MVP!

Idiots.

Marcell Ozuna OF from the Marlins is on the trading block. He is 24 and have this contract 2015: $545,000, 2016-19: Arb. Eligible, 2020: Free Agent. He has power, nice defense and strong arm plus runs well. The marlins are asking for a #2 MLB ready SP, if some how Eppler find a way to send CJ. Wilson and a prospect for him would be nice. That move fill the LF hole and get rid of CJ's contract and made room for a FA acquisition like Price, Cueto don't cost any draft pick) or a bat like Davis or a trade for Longoria because I'm not sold on Frazier.

Guys do you think Texas trade Profar? Do we have the pieces to acquire him? He can play 2B and be our lead off bat.

Why would Texas trade in the division to the team chasing them for the division?

We trade with them last season, and pay part of Hamilton's deal. That logic is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by pcord901 View Post
    We trade with them last season, and pay part of Hamilton's deal. That logic is absurd.
    We sent them a salary dump...they knew what they were getting and we knew what we were giving up. He only wanted to play in Texas...tell me how that logic is absurd. If it was so "common" why don't you see it more frequently. The only time players are given up in division is when one team is completely out of it and it doesn't effect them significantly down the road.

Maybe we should give Trout to the Astros just for ***** and giggles...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast