Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Our "Small Ball" Lineup

Paul George's comments last night in regards to players having reservations about the small ball lineup (including him saying he's not cut to play the 4) bring up a very interesting behind the scenes story that could be folding...

I'm still not sold on this small ball lineup working out. We have never had a top 15 offense under Frank Vogel. He has always been a defensive minded coach, never on the offensive. If we expect Paul George to play the 4, defensively it's going to hurt us when he goes up against Anthony Davis, Lamarcus Aldridge, Dirk Nowitzki, Terrence Jones, Blake Griffin, etc. those kinds of traditional 4's.

You can tell PG is not too thrilled about the offense, and him saying a few other players aren't thrilled isn't a great sign either. Two years ago we were a perennial contender playing traditional lineup. I understand circumstances happen with West opting out and hibbert falling off the face of the earth, but the fact that we essentially blew up our style of play and are starting over is very concerning.

I hope I am wrong but like I said, Frank has never coached a top 15 offense with this team. I have my doubts on this fast tempo/high scoring offense working out.

#iubb

Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho?:30385037
    Paul George's comments last night in regards to players having reservations about the small ball lineup (including him saying he's not cut to play the 4) bring up a very interesting behind the scenes story that could be folding...

I'm still not sold on this small ball lineup working out. We have never had a top 15 offense under Frank Vogel. He has always been a defensive minded coach, never on the offensive. If we expect Paul George to play the 4, defensively it's going to hurt us when he goes up against Anthony Davis, Lamarcus Aldridge, Dirk Nowitzki, Terrence Jones, Blake Griffin, etc. those kinds of traditional 4's.

You can tell PG is not too thrilled about the offense, and him saying a few other players aren't thrilled isn't a great sign either. Two years ago we were a perennial contender playing traditional lineup. I understand circumstances happen with West opting out and hibbert falling off the face of the earth, but the fact that we essentially blew up our style of play and are starting over is very concerning.

I hope I am wrong but like I said, Frank has never coached a top 15 offense with this team. I have my doubts on this fast tempo/high scoring offense working out.
    It is what it is and Paul should quit complaining and do what the coaches ask of him on the court. It will never work unless he buys in and no one else will buy in until he does.

Side note, Blake Griffin might be the only traditional 4 you listed. Davis has a slight build and can stretch the floor to the 3 as a matter of fact he is 6'10 220. Paul George? 6'9-6'10 220.

Aldridge is a stretch 4. Nowitzki is a stretch 4. Jones is listed as a 3/4 he's more of a tweener. He can also stretch the floor with 35% shooting from 3.

George should be a great match up for all of these player because he is so adept at guarding the perimeter and much more swift on the offensive end.
    All Hail King Goerge, "The Traitorous King"

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p