Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 314
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oak harbor, WA
    Posts
    2,795
    Raps,

    How do you have Loma as a top 10 P4P fighter!? He's yet to fight a top 10 fighter, let alone shown that he's top 10 talent. All his fights I've seen he has improved yes but he still looks like he's not sure wether he wants to box or brawl. If he fights Rigo and impresses then yes I'd say he could be in the convo. But just because his amateur record is crazy you can't put him in the P4P convo
    da RAIDAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,LOS LEIKERS, LOS DOYERS!!!
    GIFSoup
    RICARDO "EL FINITO" LOPEZ!
    RAIDERS
    DODGERS 😐
    LAKERS 😔

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,738
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderNlakerfan View Post
    Raps,

    How do you have Loma as a top 10 P4P fighter!? He's yet to fight a top 10 fighter, let alone shown that he's top 10 talent. All his fights I've seen he has improved yes but he still looks like he's not sure wether he wants to box or brawl. If he fights Rigo and impresses then yes I'd say he could be in the convo. But just because his amateur record is crazy you can't put him in the P4P convo
    He's already displayed enough talent to put him there and I'd bet on him against practically all fighters within his division. He's probably the most versatile boxer in the sport, showing he can be elite in many skills.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oak harbor, WA
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    He's already displayed enough talent to put him there and I'd bet on him against practically all fighters within his division. He's probably the most versatile boxer in the sport, showing he can be elite in many skills.
    I disagree man. The guy has Not fought anybody notable besides salido which he lost to and has yet to even fight for a tittle. Can he be a top pound for pound fighter? Sure he can but to say he's already there is a reach bro.
    da RAIDAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,LOS LEIKERS, LOS DOYERS!!!
    GIFSoup
    RICARDO "EL FINITO" LOPEZ!
    RAIDERS
    DODGERS 😐
    LAKERS 😔

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,738
    Lomachenko lost a pretty close (and controversial) decision against Salido but I don't think it takes away from his skillset. While resume is important, in this case, I don't consider it because based on his current opposition, he's shown great versatility and talent and if he were to face the other guys in his division, I think he'd perform essentially the same. If he were to go in the ring against someone like Frampton or Donaire or LSC, I'm fairly confident that Loma would win.

    But if someone doesn't have him in their top 10, not a big deal to me.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oak harbor, WA
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Lomachenko lost a pretty close (and controversial) decision against Salido but I don't think it takes away from his skillset. While resume is important, in this case, I don't consider it because based on his current opposition, he's shown great versatility and talent and if he were to face the other guys in his division, I think he'd perform essentially the same. If he were to go in the ring against someone like Frampton or Donaire or LSC, I'm fairly confident that Loma would win

    But if someone doesn't have him in their top 10, not a big deal to me.



    It's not a big deal. But your having him top 10 based on skill set? Fighters in the top 10 are usually are mostly judged on who've they fight and who they beat. And not to mention he's dough a bunch of guys that he's way above they're skill level. He hasn't fough anybody worth mentioning besides salido who besides controversy or whatever he indeed did loose to. Lomachenko at this point is a top prospect. He isn't a champ, he isn't a top 10 POUND FOR POUND fighter in the world not because he will never be that but because he has not earned that benefit of the doubt based on who he has fought bro. I'd like to see him be mares or donaire just to see how he does vs proven fighters
    da RAIDAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,LOS LEIKERS, LOS DOYERS!!!
    GIFSoup
    RICARDO "EL FINITO" LOPEZ!
    RAIDERS
    DODGERS 😐
    LAKERS 😔

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,738
    How is he a prospect? He's a title holder and already won against a top 5 fighter in his division in Russell (who happens to be a title holder now) and got the wrong end of a decision against Salido while beating multiple mandatories along the way. I don't see why he needs to fight someone like Mares to prove his worth when he's beaten higher ranked fighter in Russell.

    It's the same principle that got RJJ on top of the P4P rankings all those years. RJJ is absolutely ripped on his resume but he was constantly P4P. Mayweather was ranked #2 P4P by The Ring after 1 title reign with like 20 fights in. Rigo was ranked in the P4P lists before he fought Donaire and he was in the exact same situation.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 01-21-2016 at 09:50 PM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oak harbor, WA
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    How is he a prospect? He's a title holder and already won against a top 5 fighter in his division in Russell (who happens to be a title holder now) and got the wrong end of a decision against Salido while beating multiple mandatories along the way. I don't see why he needs to fight someone like Mares to prove his worth when he's beaten higher ranked fighter in Russell.

    It's the same principle that got RJJ on top of the P4P rankings all those years. RJJ is absolutely ripped on his resume but he was constantly P4P. Mayweather was ranked #2 P4P by The Ring after 1 title reign with like 20 fights in. Rigo was ranked in the P4P lists before he fought Donaire and he was in the exact same situation.
    Ok Rigo was but since he was mentioned he Atleast fought and destroyed a then top p4p fighter in nonito. Look I'm not saying the dude is overrated or that he sucks etc. I'm not saying that at all. I think he can be what you're saying bro but RIGHT NOW at this moment I just can't put him in the top 10 bro. There's too many other fighters that are proven and that are beating tough fighters fight after fight. I hope Loma is a bad a z z I just wanna start seeing it.
    da RAIDAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,LOS LEIKERS, LOS DOYERS!!!
    GIFSoup
    RICARDO "EL FINITO" LOPEZ!
    RAIDERS
    DODGERS 😐
    LAKERS 😔

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,738
    Then don't put him in the top 10. I could care less if someone else considers him top 10.

    The only reason he isn't getting recognition is he doesn't have the resume, despite the fact that if he fought all those top fighters in his division, he'd bet them all anyway. He isn't avoiding them either. He's been asking for guys like LSC and Walters but it hasn't happened because of things out of his control.

    The way he's fighting right now, if he beat LSC fighting the EXACT same way as he beat Russell (who is a title holder now and top 3 FW in most rankings), is that REALLY going to change your mind about him? It'll barely move your opinion on what you thought his skillset was.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oak harbor, WA
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Then don't put him in the top 10. I could care less if someone else considers him top 10.

    The only reason he isn't getting recognition is he doesn't have the resume, despite the fact that if he fought all those top fighters in his division, he'd bet them all anyway. He isn't avoiding them either. He's been asking for guys like LSC and Walters but it hasn't happened because of things out of his control.

    The way he's fighting right now, if he beat LSC fighting the EXACT same way as he beat Russell (who is a title holder now and top 3 FW in most rankings), is that REALLY going to change your mind about him? It'll barely move your opinion on what you thought his skillset was.
    If he beat LEO or Walters then yes he could be held in the convo. But like you just said his resumeč is weak right now. What if he looses? Are you really gonna stand your ground and still think he's a top 10 p4p fighter?
    da RAIDAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,LOS LEIKERS, LOS DOYERS!!!
    GIFSoup
    RICARDO "EL FINITO" LOPEZ!
    RAIDERS
    DODGERS 😐
    LAKERS 😔

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,738
    If he loses to them, then I drop him, just like how I drop the many fighters who have lost (Wlad and Cotto are 2 recent examples). It's not rocket science.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    43,486
    Anybody watch the PBC card on Fox?

    Danny Garcia won a unanimous decision over Roberto Guerrero (116-112). Guerrero brought it and was winning the early rounds and then Garcia started to land on his counters the rest of the night. Not too impressed with Danny Garcia in this fight.

    Dominic Breazeale (16-0) fought Amir Monsour for one of the WBC Heavyweight belts. They said before that this fight would set Breazeale up for a bigger fight as they are looking to fast track him to some championship fights. Well they might want to hold up on those thoughts. He got knocked down in either the 2nd or 3rd round and was losing handily on the cards when the fight got stopped after the 5th round because Monsour had a broken jaw.

    They announced that on March 12 we will see Keith Thurman fight Shawn Porter on CBS. They also said that we could likely see the winner of that fight go up against Danny Garcia later in the year.


    Marcus Mariota

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,707
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Anybody watch the PBC card on Fox?

    Danny Garcia won a unanimous decision over Roberto Guerrero (116-112). Guerrero brought it and was winning the early rounds and then Garcia started to land on his counters the rest of the night. Not too impressed with Danny Garcia in this fight..
    I thought Garcia won pretty convincingly and was rather impressive.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    2,359
    Thurman and Porter on CBS! That's what I'm talking about!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,738
    I only watched the main event starting around 7th round. Garcia should've knocked out a guy like Guerrero.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I only watched the main event starting around 7th round. Garcia should've knocked out a guy like Guerrero.
    why should have Garcia knocked out Guerrero?
    Guerrero beat the heck out of Berto
    who was clearly the most deserving opponent for the top ranked pound for pound fighter months ago..
    Last edited by kevin13697; 01-25-2016 at 04:55 PM.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •