Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Feature Request: Functioning Servers

Seriously. I am on for an hour or two per day and the servers and site is always booting me (and others that I have spoken too). I get the sense the site is either: A.) On life support or B.) the Original Owner(s) don't give a two ***** like they did when I first joined in 2007.

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

Its not like the mods and stuff aren't aware guys...these won't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    It's not the mods. There's nothing they can do. It's the administrators/site owners.

Except hawkeye. Hawkeye deserves **** for this.

So weird how random it is. I mean, it's frequent, but it's random. Here one second, gone the other. Clearly not a can't-handle-the-traffic-surges thing.
    this my sig

Oh I know it's not. Content has replied. More threads to vent won't help. Its a waiting game. Were all annoyed. That's obvious

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It's not the mods. There's nothing they can do. It's the administrators/site owners.

Except hawkeye. Hawkeye deserves **** for this.

So weird how random it is. I mean, it's frequent, but it's random. Here one second, gone the other. Clearly not a can't-handle-the-traffic-surges thing.
    It's got to be something with how the servers handle requests, but I've not worked on a site this large to know how to solve it. It could also be an issue where there is a guest/robot/spider surge in requests, which are causing these random outages for everyone else. Or it could be something completely different.

I also get that they don't want to disrupt things further by risking bringing the site down, but perhaps give us a date in the next couple weeks (so just about everyone knows what is going on) when they bring the site down and try to solve things without risking things dropping in and out- which is happening for some anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Some of the mods have done as much as we can. There is a thread in the mod forum. There has been communication with CT but we do not have any control over how the site functions. When the site functions poorly its just as hard on the mods as all other posters.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Some of the mods have done as much as we can. There is a thread in the mod forum. There has been communication with CT but we do not have any control over how the site functions. When the site functions poorly its just as hard on the mods as all other posters.
    Yeah exactly what I've been saying. Were all annoyed dudes. Content came into the other one. They know

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    CT offers what explanation?

Seriously guys, this needs to be fixed.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Ian. Guest
    It's in work, guys.

I think it is safe to say that I have defended this site for a long time, but these load times in the 21st century are not acceptable. We're seeing 20th century speed.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I contacted Dan LeBlank, V.P. of Sports Products at SDI/Gracenote -- which is about as high as you can reach via professional email channels on Sunday.

He responded on Monday that SDI will take prosctive measures to improve the situstion and I believe the message from CT is a direct result.

Lets hope it all works out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I contacted Dan LeBlank, V.P. of Sports Products at SDI/Gracenote -- which is about as high as you can reach via professional email channels on Sunday.

He responded on Monday that SDI will take prosctive measures to improve the situstion and I believe the message from CT is a direct result.

Lets hope it all works out well.
    Great work http://www.alternativenation.net/wp-...ckclapping.gif