Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where will Ty Lawson and Joe Johnson be traded to?

Ty Lawson has been completely ignored. No one wants him, no one at all. All the teams that could have been potential trade partners, have added the point guards they need. The Rockets have Beverley, Mavs will add Jeremy Lin, and the Knicks don't have the assets to trade for him. I can't think of any team that can trade for Ty Lawson which makes me think Lawson could be in a troubled spot with the Nuggets after his video stating "I will go to the Kings" went viral.

Joe Johnson has a huge expiring contract and can still score 20 points a game, however teams will have to give up several assets to obtain Johnson and it is looking like it will be very hard for the Nets to trade him.

So what do you guys think? Where will these players get traded?

As a Rockets fan, I assure you we would love to have Lawson in Houston, and Morey absolutely is not done with the point guard rotation. Harden specifically asked Morey after the season was over to add somebody in the back court who can help handle the ballhandling duties. And I love Bev, but he is not that guy.

I could see Houston offering up a combination of Papanikolau's un-guaranteed contract, Terrence Jones, Sam Dekker and a couple of future first rounders for Lawson. But would Denver bite on that? I have no clue. But he's clearly unhappy there, and I can't imagine that Denver wants him that badly after drafting Mudiay.

Lawson wants out and Denver wants him out ... I don't think they will need 2 players, a rookie first round pick and 2 future first round picks for him.

Sixers would take him off the Nuggets hands for a first round pick ... a Nuggets first round pick

Dang, MBT, that's a motherload for Lawson. I think Papa and Jones should do it if they can make money work.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Lawson wants out and Denver wants him out ... I don't think they will need 2 players, a rookie first round pick and 2 future first round picks for him.

Sixers would take him off the Nuggets hands for a first round pick ... a Nuggets first round pick
    The Rockets have tried to get Lawson in the past, and Denver's asking price has supposedly been really, really high. Even with Lawson being at odds with the coaching staff, I think Denver will drive a pretty hard bargain for Lawson. It will be interesting to see how that situation plays out, though. I wouldn't be shocked to see him dealt or for him to be a Nuggets jersey at the start of the season. But if he is dealt, I hope Morey can bring him to Houston.

Houston and Philly are the only teams I see as a fit for Lawson. I doubt a move can be made tho. I don't see Houston matching salary and I don't think Philly wants to win badly enough to pick him up. There is no market for a player like Johnson with that big of a contract imo.

I think you guys may be underrating Lawson's value a tad. The guy put up 15/10/3 last season with above average numbers in most advanced statistical categories. And at $12-$13 million a year the next two seasons, that's a pretty reasonable price for a top 10 caliber point guard in today's market.

Plus, you have to remember that the Rockets have to come close to matching that $12 million salary. It would take at least Pap and Jones, and maybe one or two other contracts to make it work. And if there's any kind of competition for Lawson's services, Denver could drive up the asking price and ask for more. Unless Denver is just having a fire sale, I seriously doubt Pap and Jones gets the deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone:30136022
    I think you guys may be underrating Lawson's value a tad. The guy put up 15/10/3 last season with above average numbers in most advanced statistical categories. And at $12-$13 million a year the next two seasons, that's a pretty reasonable price for a top 10 caliber point guard in today's market.
    Seems to be a trend around here underrating him.
    Time for some hootenanny.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    As a Rockets fan, I assure you we would love to have Lawson in Houston, and Morey absolutely is not done with the point guard rotation. Harden specifically asked Morey after the season was over to add somebody in the back court who can help handle the ballhandling duties. And I love Bev, but he is not that guy.

I could see Houston offering up a combination of Papanikolau's un-guaranteed contract, Terrence Jones, Sam Dekker and a couple of future first rounders for Lawson. But would Denver bite on that? I have no clue. But he's clearly unhappy there, and I can't imagine that Denver wants him that badly after drafting Mudiay.
    I can still see the Rockets trading for Ty Lawson but I don't think they would have thrown that contract at Patrick Beverley if they didn't think he would be their starter. But it still makes sense for Houston to make a trade, especially since they have so much depth from the 3-5 with Jones, Capela, Donates, Dekker, Harrell, Dorsey, Pop and draft picks. I can see a third team being involved in the trade as well but something also tells me the nuggets want to include wilson chandler or danilo gallinari in a deal which makes it harder for the rockets to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    Seems to be a trend around here underrating him.
    I'm from Denver and have been following Lawson since the day he was here. Lawson thrives in an open offense like the one that was run by George Karl and Melvin Hunt. He struggled with Shaw because it was more of a half court offense. But lawson can create a shot for himself and is capable of running an offense. He just needs talent around him. If he were to play for the Rockets or for someone like the Pacers or Mavericks, then he would be amazing!

What about Joe Johnson? There was talks that he could be headed to the Grizzlies, however that is doubtful unless they want to give up Green, Lee, and more depth, which isn't happening. The Pistons might be a fit for someone like Brandon Jennings but I don't think the Pistons are content with running with jackson and jennings in the back court. I can't think of any other team to trade for Johnson though

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Houston and Philly are the only teams I see as a fit for Lawson. I doubt a move can be made tho. I don't see Houston matching salary and I don't think Philly wants to win badly enough to pick him up. There is no market for a player like Johnson with that big of a contract imo.
    yeah I agree with you however, both players need to be traded or else there will be issues within each organization due to the conception thrown out there by both the players and teams that they will get traded. I think something will get worked out where I can see a team like the Pistons or Grizzlies trading for Joe Johnson and then a team like the Rockets or Celtics trading for Lawson

Mavs should do everything they can to get Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Mavs should do everything they can to get Lawson
    That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

The Mavs have literally nobody of value that they can trade.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast