Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Knicks Quietly building a good off-season

Grant
    Afflalo
    Melo
    Zinger
    Lopez

Lopez and Afflalo should help out a lot on the D and I think these players fit the triangle well and compliment melo, wouldnt shock me to see them in the playoffs.

[/Center]

How if this guy allowed to make bait thread after bait thread seriously it's insane
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

In be4 the inevitable troll comments....

Not mad at anyone we didn't land so far. Wanted Monroe but he's no one to cry over. Us NYers are always looking for the quick instant fix, but sometimes a slow burn is necessary(in this case we don't have a choice no one wants to come here at the moment ). Looks like we should improve defensively. Still need some more scoring to take the pressure off of Melo....

I would explore a trade for D.Lee....he would be good in the triangle, good fit next to a rim protector like Lopez, allows us to bring Zinger along slowly(20-25 mins off the bench), expiring deal so it wouldn't eat into 2016 cap. We need to win a few more games next season to gain some respectability and become a more desirable destination next season...

JETS KNICKS YANKEES RANGERS

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23:30129197
    How if this guy allowed to make bait thread after bait thread seriously it's insane
    Overall though, yeah the Knicks didn't get the #1/2 pick in the draft but still managed to walk out with 2 good players. 1 of which has scary potential. Than as far as free agency I don't think it mattered who they got in free agency they wouldn't have been top 4 In The east and been threats to represent the east In The finals. So they tried to build their team and why they didn't get one of the top free agents they added 2 very solid vets that can come in and start day 1 and are an upgrade over what they started at SG and C last year. They did that while not screwing up their cap space for next year's class of free agents.

So it may be a bait thread but I agree with the idea behind it if genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23:30129197
    Don't agree with his comment about the playoffs though. That could be trolling I guess.
    For them to make the post season this year Zing and Grant would both have to come in and be amazing which I don't see happening.
    If both rookies finish in the top 4 for ROY I could maybe see them fighting I'm that 8 to 10 range but that's just not likely to happen

Knicks Quietly building a good off-season

Lol!
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

am i missing something? it doesn't seem like a troll thread to me.

Top post season moves for Knicks.

1. Trade THJR for Jerian Grant... (2013 24th pick for 2015 19th pick)

2. Sign Afflalo 2 years 16 million, player option for second year. He gets like a half a mil raise from last year, elevates his name on a big stage and can opt in next year or cash out on new value. He has reason to play well this year.

3. Get Robin Lopez to commit. Really needed a rim protector and they will get one.

4. Draft Prozingis

Phil needs to acquire some of what PHX is trying to dump. Morris, PJ Tucker please

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    am i missing something? it doesn't seem like a troll thread to me.

Go read his post in the Knicks forum, then come back here
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    Overall though, yeah the Knicks didn't get the #1/2 pick in the draft but still managed to walk out with 2 good players. 1 of which has scary potential. Than as far as free agency I don't think it mattered who they got in free agency they wouldn't have been top 4 In The east and been threats to represent the east In The finals. So they tried to build their team and why they didn't get one of the top free agents they added 2 very solid vets that can come in and start day 1 and are an upgrade over what they started at SG and C last year. They did that while not screwing up their cap space for next year's class of free agents.

They traded Hardaway for grant looks like a win on paper who knows how he will go. Affalo was a nice cheap get, zinger has potential, Lopez is a good defensive center I think they are improved clearly but this guy just trolled the Knicks forum saying they might get 27 wins now but ESPN will low ball them with 25 is what he said then 16 mins later this dude posts this it's garbage, he's been trying to bait knick fans since he got here. I also read a rumor that the Knicks could sign and trade for Affalo which would open up cap space so we can still add another piece or two, if we got rid of Jose we could def get a nice couple pieces of won't be a contender but if they can add another piece or two they can make the playoffs
    Last edited by xxplayerxx23; 07-03-2015 at 04:45 AM.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23:30129243

They traded Hardaway for grant looks like a win on paper who knows how he will go. Affalo was a nice cheap get, zinger has potential, Lopez is a good defensive center I think they are improved clearly but this guy just trolled the Knicks forum saying they might get 27 wins now but ESPN will low ball them with 25 is what he said then 16 mins later this dude posts this it's garbage, he's been trying to bait knick fans since he got here. I also read a rumor that the Knicks could sign and trade for Affalo which would open up cap space so we can still add another piece or two, if we got rid of Jose we could def get a nice couple pieces of won't be a contender but if they can add another piece or two they can make the playoffs
    Yeah I think that should be the goal to add as many good players as possible as long as it don't mess up the cap to sign a top tier free agent next offseason. If you guys add enough pieces to make or be fighting for the playoffs this year than it will be easier to bring in that 1 top level free agent. Have him buy into the fact that there is already a good solid team trending in the right direction and that said free agent will be the piece to put the Knicks In The top tier of the East. That's all players can ask for is be in the top 3/4 teams in the east and top 5/6 teams in the west with having a legit chance to be able to rep that conference In The finals!
    So overall I'd say it's been successful off season so far. Hopefully the keep adding talent than get a top level Free Agent next offseason giving the team a chance at winning the east and if Grant/Zing learn the system and start to fulfil their potential within 2/3 years. That would be a quick rebuild to go from worst to contender for conference finals in 2/3 years.

Yeah I think that should be the goal to add as many good players as possible as long as it don't mess up the cap to sign a top tier free agent next offseason. If you guys add enough pieces to make or be fighting for the playoffs this year than it will be easier to bring in that 1 top level free agent. Have him buy into the fact that there is already a good solid team trending in the right direction and that said free agent will be the piece to put the Knicks In The top tier of the East. That's all players can ask for is be in the top 3/4 teams in the east and top 5/6 teams in the west with having a legit chance to be able to rep that conference In The finals!
    So overall I'd say it's been successful off season so far. Hopefully the keep adding talent than get a top level Free Agent next offseason giving the team a chance at winning the east and if Grant/Zing learn the system and start to fulfil their potential within 2/3 years. That would be a quick rebuild to go from worst to contender for conference finals in 2/3 years.

Yeah no doubt. Maybe we can add some more talent this year get 40 wins maybe get a 7-8 seed then the rookies improve and hopefully add more talent the next year. Hopefully we can add a scorer for melo
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Just because we haven't made a BIG name signing doesn't mean we've struck out

We needed everything this offseason and it made so much more sense to get some good role players on board instead of throwing all our money at Kevin Love or LMA.

We've added shooting and defense on the wings with Afflalo. A defensive big man who can hit his free throws and give you 10-12 points and 8-9 rebounds any given night. A huge upside stretch 4 who's 19 and has good defensive potential. And managed to swap THJR for a lottery pick.

Add to that we still have about $8m to spend. If we can get Patrick Beverly for that this team will be looking fine going forward.

PG: Patrick Beverly/Jerian Grant
    SG: Arron Afflalo/Jose Calderon
    SF: Carmelo Anthony/Cleanthony Early
    PF: Kristaps Porzingis/Quincy Acy
    C: Robin Lopez/Jason Smith

That's a good mix of defense and shooting. Offensively a bit bare but that kinda depends on what Zinger can provide in his rookie year. If he can give you 13/7 the Knicks should be fine.

With the cap going up next year and the Knicks having another $20M+ to work with, that team looks a lot more fleshed out than this year. If you can add some serious scoring and if Zinger takes the necessary steps forward, with all the FA's having a years experience in the triangle and gelling together, we should be in good shape.

Adding a AAA free agent wouldn't have addressed all the problems this roster has. Phil has actually been very wise in his free agent signings, picking high character, team first players. Suddenly, after a solid season, the Knicks won't be the laughing stock of the NBA and will have a solid balanced team with more cap room, and still oke of the most desirable markets in the league.

I much prefer this method of free agency that waiting for Love or Aldridge or Gasol to not sign for us then throwing all our money at a bigger name like Rondo or Tobias Harris which would help nothing... Which seems to be the Lakers method.

[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23:30129262]

Yeah no doubt. Maybe we can add some more talent this year get 40 wins maybe get a 7-8 seed then the rookies improve and hopefully add more talent the next year. Hopefully we can add a scorer for melo
    Might not even need a scorer depending on what Zing is able to provide points wise. That guy can shoot the ball if nothing else.
    I think Calderon/AA/Melo/Zing/Lopez is a decent starting lineup. If you can improve the starting lineup in free agency than do it if the price is right. Otherwise I think they could really use some help off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    with lopez, the knicks should win at least 10 more games... for a total of 27 games next season. Watch ESPN lowball and say the knicks will only win 25 games.
    Ayo Cali he couldn't wait

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast