Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Wimbledon

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    You're asking for something that's not going to happen. It's not a big deal really. Most general people rather listen to them talk about the big four than watch 2 guys play in the 1st round.
    Anyone who would rather listen to them talk about the big four rather than show an actual competitive match on say court 13 isn't a true fan of the sport. But unfortunately that's who sports tend to cater to. The casual fan. Some of the best matches of these slams are missed because ESPN is spending hours breaking down Djokovic's last match and talking about his potential matchup with someone four rounds from now. Like I said, discuss it when the day is through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Anyone who would rather listen to them talk about the big four rather than show an actual competitive match on say court 13 isn't a true fan of the sport. But unfortunately that's who sports tend to cater to. The casual fan. Some of the best matches of these slams are missed because ESPN is spending hours breaking down Djokovic's last match and talking about his potential matchup with someone four rounds from now. Like I said, discuss it when the day is through.
    ESPN or other networks don't get viewers trying to please the minority. ESPN and other networks are a business so it will continue to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    ESPN or other networks don't get viewers trying to please the minority. ESPN and other networks are a business so it will continue to exist.
    That's all true, however frustrating to the viewers who want to see actual tennis. I recall a tweet from Darren Cahill criticizing the matches that were being put on during prime time at the US Open, saying that people spend their hard earned money for those seats on Ashe and deserved to see more competitive matches. When asked in a poll by ESPN if fans would rather see the top 10 players (really, the big four) on Ashe prime time early in the tournament or a more competitive match between lower ranked opponents, the majority voted with the top 10 blowouts over no-names. Casual fans run televised sports, unfortunately, and that's exactly who the major networks aim to please.

Just for the record, the match I enjoyed most on prime time on Ashe last year was Robredo vs. Kyrgios. I can't recall one match any of the big four played as having been memorable or worth watching to its conclusion.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 07-04-2015 at 07:11 AM.

It's like that for any network has has been going on literally since TVs were first out. There's no point of complaining since it's been the norm for so long and it will never change.

I wouldn't say that it's always been to this extreme. But that's what TV, sports, life and everything else in life is about. Extreme.

Lisicki, Kerber, and Kvitova all out today. Not a good day for me.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

May as well shine up the trophy for steroid head. Nobody left is capable of knocking her out.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

lol Monfils is a clown

What a bogus match this is. Serena will win, of course. There is no debating that. Venus will pretty much do the quick "job" here and keep her on the court at the very minimum without looking like she threw the match. A lot of short points, very few ralleys and the difference in the 2-set victory for Serena will be one break a piece. 6-4, 6-4 or 6-4, 7-5. Big sis has to make sure Steroid Head gets off the court as quickly as possible after Heather Watson was two points from knocking her *** out.

Heather Watson got a half-hearted "nice match." Venus gets a hug and an embrace. I realize its her sister, but I'm tired of the way this ignorant **** carries herself on the court.

Matches are currently going on, but you know what would be better than watching them, talking in the ****ing booth with a window overlooking the matches we can't watch. Because the only thing tennis can show is Karlovic/Murray and before that gets started we must listen to analysis and other such stupid nonsense in the booth. Go to Diyas/Sharapova. Show some tennis!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Heather Watson got a half-hearted "nice match." Venus gets a hug and an embrace. I realize its her sister, but I'm tired of the way this ignorant **** carries herself on the court.
    Yea that was bogus, we all knew Venus would throw for her sista. Hope she gets knocked the F out or moved to play with the other fellow men!

Props to gasquet my French brotha! He never realized his potential fully but is proving it's never too late! Go fk up the always irritating djoker please!

Serena won and is pretty much going to win the finals too.

lol man you guys hate Serena

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast