Men's Singles Winner: Novak Djokovic
    Women's Singles Winner: Serena Williams
    Men's Singles Finalist: Roger Federer
    Women's Singles Finalist: Petra Kvitova
    ATP player out of top 10 seed to go deepest: Gilles Simon
    WTA player out of top 10 seed to go deepest: Eugenie Bouchard
    Top 10 seeded ATP player that gets eliminated 1st: David Ferrer
    Top 10 seeded WTA player that gets eliminated 1st: Ekaterina Makarova
    Which ATP player out of the top 10 will make a jump into top 10 after the tournament: Jo Wilfred Tsonga
    Which WTA player out of the top 10 will make a jump into top 10 after the tournament: Karolina Pliskova

Djokovic doesn't have to face Federer, Murray or Nadal until the finals, if he and the other guys make it that far.

Men's Singles Winner: Novak Djokovic
    Women's Singles Winner: Serena "Steroid" Williams
    Men's Singles Finalist: Andy Murray
    Women's Singles Finalist: Petra Kvitova
    ATP players I'm rooting for: Andy Murray, Roger Federer, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Verdasco, Grigor Dimitrov, Tommy Haas, Fabio Fognini, Andreas Seppi, Marco Bahgdatis.
    WTA players I'm rooting for: Sabine Lisicki, Angelique Kerber, Madison Keys, Heather Watson, Agnieska Radwanska, Zarina Diyas.
    ATP players I'm rooting against: Novak Djokovic, Nick Kyrgios.
    WTA players I'm rooting against: Serena "Steroid" Williams
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 06-27-2015 at 12:13 AM.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka • Angelique Kerber • Bianca Andreescu

Djokovic, Williams, and Kyrgios will all take up most of the TV time tomorrow. Oh yay!
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Halep and Bouchard out.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Halep and Bouchard out.
    Heard Genie got a dress code violation, something about a black bra strap?

Seems pretty stupid but also you'd think she'd know better at the "all white" club

Speaking of dress attire, Yulia Putintseva.

Sucks Nishikori is out. Djokovic's draw gets easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Speaking of dress attire, Yulia Putintseva.
    I hate to say it, but I thought her shorts looked like a diaper

Nadal might lose right now.

Nadal might lose right now.
    This is why I hate ESPN and their stupid "projectable matchups." Yesterday they showed the projected Quarterfinals and as usual, every time they do it, my immediate thought is, "What's the point? Not all of those guys are going to be there." The one name that stood out from the rest was Nadal. They had him penciled in for the Quarterfinal, which I find in all cases to be blatantly disrespectful to the guys they would play to get there. It's ignorant to assume that they'll win those matches even if the statistics are strongly in favor of it and today was a perfect example. After seeing ESPN's projections and Nadal's next opponent, I thought to myself, "He's lost in the 2nd round in consecutive years and Dustin Brown is no slouch on grass." Low and behold…

The amount of time ESPN spends talking about matches that aren't guaranteed and other such nonsense in the booth has made tennis nearly unwatchable. If the casual fan is flipping channels and comes across ESPN and they're in the booth with Courier and Davenport flapping their gums, are they going to stay on the channel or keep on going? If they want to talk, talk after the day has concluded. There is no reason why they should be going to the booth during play. None! Just ESPN cramming more of their over analytical to the point of nausea bullcrap down our throats.

This is nationally televised sports in general, tennis just happens to do it more poorly than the rest by not actually showing the sport while they're talking. Watching a ballgame on ESPN, FOX, MLBN, or any other major sports network has become nearly intolerable. I just want to watch the game! I don't want to hear Schilling tell me how he'd pitch the game. I don't want to hear Kruk tell stories. Just let me watch the game! Y'know, like I used to be able to 20 years ago.

The going to the booth crap in tennis has gotten out of hand. It was eventually get to a point where you can't enjoy watching a tennis match or a baseball game or any other sport for that matter without being there live to avoid all of the talking heads who feel the need to dramatize everything. Today was a perfect example of why it's so stupid to talk about. I think a lot of tennis fans would've considered this match a definite upset alert, but go ahead, ESPN, pencil him into the Quarterfinals and tell us about that match instead.

LOL Raonic lost. He's going to drop in the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    This is why I hate ESPN and their stupid "projectable matchups." Yesterday they showed the projected Quarterfinals and as usual, every time they do it, my immediate thought is, "What's the point? Not all of those guys are going to be there." The one name that stood out from the rest was Nadal. They had him penciled in for the Quarterfinal, which I find in all cases to be blatantly disrespectful to the guys they would play to get there. It's ignorant to assume that they'll win those matches even if the statistics are strongly in favor of it and today was a perfect example. After seeing ESPN's projections and Nadal's next opponent, I thought to myself, "He's lost in the 2nd round in consecutive years and Dustin Brown is no slouch on grass." Low and behold…

The amount of time ESPN spends talking about matches that aren't guaranteed and other such nonsense in the booth has made tennis nearly unwatchable. If the casual fan is flipping channels and comes across ESPN and they're in the booth with Courier and Davenport flapping their gums, are they going to stay on the channel or keep on going? If they want to talk, talk after the day has concluded. There is no reason why they should be going to the booth during play. None! Just ESPN cramming more of their over analytical to the point of nausea bullcrap down our throats.

This is nationally televised sports in general, tennis just happens to do it more poorly than the rest by not actually showing the sport while they're talking. Watching a ballgame on ESPN, FOX, MLBN, or any other major sports network has become nearly intolerable. I just want to watch the game! I don't want to hear Schilling tell me how he'd pitch the game. I don't want to hear Kruk tell stories. Just let me watch the game! Y'know, like I used to be able to 20 years ago.

The going to the booth crap in tennis has gotten out of hand. It was eventually get to a point where you can't enjoy watching a tennis match or a baseball game or any other sport for that matter without being there live to avoid all of the talking heads who feel the need to dramatize everything. Today was a perfect example of why it's so stupid to talk about. I think a lot of tennis fans would've considered this match a definite upset alert, but go ahead, ESPN, pencil him into the Quarterfinals and tell us about that match instead.
    I don't see it as any different than when they talk about NCAA March Madness.

I don't see it as any different than when they talk about NCAA March Madness.
    Which is equally annoying.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast