Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Astros this season

What do you think the Astros ceiling this season? I thought they would be a HR or nothing team but they are putting up runs this season. The starting pitching needs another starter, and even though I see them as the club weakness they are still solid. The bullpen is ok to me and so is our defense. Our lineup is very solid and just imagine if Singleton was living up to his potential. I really like Correia being on the club.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

This will be a 90 win ball club. Each addition we add from our farm system will provide us with a spark. As far as Singleton goes, I hope he gets a chance this season. Carter doesn't help alot at the plate and neither does Valbuena. Too inconsistent.

Great year by the Astros. We need more astros psd fans!!! Hope to see you guys in the post season

I think you guys were doing pretty good until Blams picked you guys.

Anyways, after the 19th I expect the Astros to start winning again. Good luck guys.

At Houston's current winning percentage (.555), they're projected to get 89.91 wins, so 90 wins seems like a pretty solid number to me. I think their ceiling in terms of both the regular season and the postseason will ultimately depend on two things: offensive consistency and road performance. The pitching has been there and when you've got Keuchel, McHugh and Kazmir at the top of your rotation and a solid bullpen, you're going to hold teams to few runs more often than not. But their offense has been so hit or miss this year, and they've been abysmal at times on the road. The Yankees series this week was definitely a step in the right direction to both of those problems, but we need to see that continue.

I look forward to seeing how the offense performs once Spring gets back into the lineup. If Lowrie comes around and both Correa and Altuve stay hot, they should put up enough runs to keep their winning ways alive. If I had to make a prediction based on where they're at right now, I'd say they win 90-92 games, make it out of their first postseason series, but get bounced in the ALCS by the Royals.

Lets sweep Arizona!!!