Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Raptors- What offseason moves do they need to make to get over the hump?

Disappointed that they lost two 1st round series despite being the atlantic division champs. What can they do? Rehaul the entire roaster and trade lowry and derozan for picks and tank for quality players for a few years? At this point, I think trying to go after Kevin Durant in 2016 Free agency is pointless because this team is worse than Washington and washington is a much more attractive destination for Kevin Durant at this point.

[/Center]

i think Toronto should move Lowry while they still can. he's been good the past two seasons and proved a lot of people wrong, but hell be 30 this season. he showed signs of injury/regression/age late this season. he's still an all-star and could land toronto a quality draft pick or rookie/sophmore talent.

I think Toronto should move DeRozen while they still can (or decide right now if he's worth a big max when the cap expands). he is an expiring contract (year after next is play option and he will opt out), and he's going on 26. Will he want to stick around for a rebuild? Is he too talented to allow a lowryless Raptors to get a quality enough lottery pick to make trading Lowry worth it? I think you move DeRozen and get great assets for him, because I think he walks after next season anyways.

Toronto won't get the FA they need to move up another tier in the east. they should put Bruno on the fast track to development, let him start and develop chemistry with Jonas (or trade Joans if you're Masai and you like Nogueira better behind the scenes). Toronto can build around Bruno/Jonas (or Nogueira) along with whatever assets they get for Lowry and Derozen (or Jonas). without those guys, Toronto might be bad enough to get a top pick and take a stab at Thon Maker in 2016.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-VFbiqe0kQ

Toronto won't be getting Durant, but with Bruno and the possibility of getting lottery next season with a rebuild, they might be able to develop their own version of Durant.

I think Masai is forward thinking, and this core along with its coach aren't his guys. he inherited them with the job. GMs always get their own people eventually, I like for Masai to go for it before his top two assets lose value. I think he got a glimpse of this teams ceiling this year, it's not enough.

If Masai can get some one in free agency, different story. Toronto has max cap money. but if he doesn't I expect a rebuild.

I've said numerous of times they should of let Lowry walk, now their stuck with him. Blow up the roster while you still can.

Lowry to Sacramento for #6?

If you're the Kings and you want to build around Boogie and Rudy, how about trying to make a trade for Lowry? Would they trade #6 for Lowry? Lowrys getting 12 M a year through 2018, so if you're the Kings his contract will be a steal if he produces at Toronto levels, and priced accordingly if he drops off.

Sacramento is the only team with a quality lottery pick who's an attractive trade partner for a PG like Lowry, in the sense that they want to win now, and in the sense that they have neither a top 15 PG or a PG who hopes to eventually become one.

Of course, the Kings wouldn't have a need for this had they selected Elfrid Payton over Nik. But right now I think this one might be a fit.
    Last edited by Bruno; 06-01-2015 at 08:23 PM.

They need a better bench and help at 3 position
    Be $wavy

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    I've said numerous of times they should of let Lowry walk, now their stuck with him. Blow up the roster while you still can.
    I mean I think it's classic Masai/Morey GMing and was a good call, in the long run. Toronto without Lowry probably doesn't get a top 10 lottery selection anyways (too much talent left, too poor of a conference). So why not ink up an asset long term on a deal that will look excellent under new television money? Lowry is on a very trade friendly contract. If you're Masai you sign Lowry as an asset and hope he repeats his 2013-2014 campaign. Then you have the flexibility to trade him for a lottery pick next summer, or to take a stab in 2015 FA and grow the core. either way if you're Masai you have options, and thats all you can ask for. Look at a franchise like the Lakers, as big as they are. they haven't had trade pieces because of all the one year deals they signed going back two years. thats not how run the ship, you always collect assets, not rentals.

I think Lowrys value on the trade market is higher than the potential lottery pick they would have gotten after a season of no lowry, with the rest of the pieces still intact. maybe Masai has it worked out with ownership who want Toronto to be exciting, I keep us competitive until 2015 or 2016, but if we can't break the glass ceiling, I blow it up and rebuild the new under my vision. we have no idea how those guys are negating behind the scenes. I think Bruno as his selection last season supports this theory. they snagged him late, but he's a guy who could have been top five in the draft had he waited a few seasons. I think he quietly already acquired the first piece of his rebuild.

If they can work out a deal with Sacramento for the 6th around a Lowry package, Toronto could probably draft Cauley-Stein or Winslow (if Orlando passes on him). That would create a brilliant wing duo of Winslow and Bruno. Imagine if they're bad enough and add Thon Maker in 2016? it'd be amazing. it would have a much higher ceiling. I think Toronto should delay gratification and build something special.
    Last edited by Bruno; 06-01-2015 at 08:32 PM.

They need to blow it up if they want to get over the hump.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post

If you're the Kings and you want to build around Boogie and Rudy, how about trying to make a trade for Lowry? Would they trade #6 for Lowry? Lowrys getting 12 M a year through 2018, so if you're the Kings his contract will be a steal if he produces at Toronto levels, and priced accordingly if he drops off.

Sacramento is the only team with a quality lottery pick who's an attractive trade partner for a PG like Lowry, in the sense that they want to win now, and in the sense that they have neither a top 15 PG or a PG who hopes to eventually become one.

Of course, the Kings wouldn't have a need for this had they selected Elfrid Payton over Nik. But right now I think this one might be a fit.
    Why would the Kings do that? They're better off keeping Collison (who's younger and cheaper) and keeping the pick. Drafting Kozprings or Kamiskey, they need a stretch 4 to par with Boogie or move Cousins back to the 4 and draft Stein

Why would the Kings do that? They're better off keeping Collison (who's younger and cheaper) and keeping the pick. Drafting Kozprings or Kamiskey, they need a stretch 4 to par with Boogie or move Cousins back to the 4 and draft Stein
    I think if they keep the pick and Winslow falls to them they should take him. he became an elite three point shooter last year, perfect for them at the SF if boogie is wiling to keep playing center.

they only consider a Lowry trade if Vivek really wants to compete now, and it seems like he does. Lowry and #20 for #6 is interesting for Sacramento. Sacramento won't do anything out west until they develop a third all-star. Is it Mclemore, can they get him with #6? if theres doubt, a trade for Lowry on a great contract is at least interesting.

the more i rewatch the first round, the more i think lowry might have quit. than theres also talks he wouldn't resign if casey was still the head coach(obvious bluff but still). if lowry doesn't work out lets go back to rebuilding like we were suppose to after the rudy gay trade.

I think if they keep the pick and Winslow falls to them they should take him. he became an elite three point shooter last year, perfect for them at the SF if boogie is wiling to keep playing center.

they only consider a Lowry trade if Vivek really wants to compete now, and it seems like he does. Lowry and #20 for #6 is interesting for Sacramento. Sacramento won't do anything out west until they develop a third all-star. Is it Mclemore, can they get him with #6? if theres doubt, a trade for Lowry on a great contract is at least interesting.
    Lowry isn't going to help them compete. You're sleeping on Collison, he's an above average PG you can live with. Rebuild right, keep the pick. I doubt Winslow drops (unless the Knicks pass on him which I pray doesn't happen) but Stein, Kamiskey, Porzing are just what the Kings need. But Winslow would make so much sense, move Gay to the 4 where he will be a match up nightmare (similar to Melo) and Winslow can play the 2 or the 3. The Kings just need veteran leadership. Put it like this if they wanted a trading partner, the Pacers are the perfect ones.

Pacers - #6

Kings - #11 pick & David West

The Pacers are in love with Stein but they would have to move up to get him

PG- Colliso
    SG- McLemore
    SF- Gay
    PF- West
    C- Cousins

Bench:
    Kamiskey (draft pick)
    Stauskas
    McCullom

That's pretty damn good starting 5, add a couple of veterans in that young bench and they'll be find

Trade Lowry and NYK's 2016 1st round pick back to the Knicks for the #4 pick in the draft.
    I pray that D'angelo Russel falls to the 4th spot and the sixers take someoen else.

[/Center]

Id then trade demar derozan to another team for 2 future 1st round picks
    They will likely be mid-late picks if it's to a contending team. Maybe one like the Cleveland.
    Last edited by FriedTofuz; 06-01-2015 at 09:44 PM.

[/Center]

I'd gladly do that trade.
    Because they're the kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    I'd gladly do that trade.

Because they're the kings.
    Same.

[/Center]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast