Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Kobe leads NBA in Eliminating most 50-Win Teams in Post-Season

Stat was shown on the broadcast 2 nights ago, pretty surprised to Be honest.

Kobe with 24
    Jordan with 20
    Tim Duncan 18
    Magic Johnson 13
    Larry Bird 10
    LeBron James 7

Surprised?

Thoughts?

I know it doesnt matter much, but i was surprised when i saw this stat.
    Last edited by L8kers4life; 05-28-2015 at 03:29 PM.

yeah not surprising seeing Lebron that low on the list. His postseason trips most of the time have been cakewalks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

not surprised, he has been on a team that was able to be awesome most his career. And during his span, the west has been as strong as ever, so the win totals are up there. The west has been stronger than the east for 30+ years, but the last 15 years has seen an east that is very top heavy, with mediocre teams after that making the playoffs, and historically crappy teams in the lottery. Hell, Jordan got over 1/4 of his on beating a west team in the finals...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Well, I don't find it too surprising since Kobe has won his titles in an era where the West has been brutally competitive. I think when the Lakers won their last NBA title, IIRC their first round match up (OKC) had 50 wins and were the 8th seed.

It's surprising to me that Duncan only has 18. Seeing that Kobe and Duncan both have 5 titles. I guess it might also be contributed be the opponent that they've faced in the finals. I think that every East team that Kobe has beaten in the finals had at least 50 or 51 wins. With Duncan, IIRC, they played the Nets in the finals who had like 48 wins, then the Cavs, and also the Knicks in the lock-out shortened season in 99.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by L8kers4life View Post
    Stat was shown on the broadcast 2 nights ago, pretty surprised to Be honest.

Kobe with 24
    Jordan with 20
    Tim Duncan 18
    Magic Johnson 13
    Larry Bird 10
    LeBron James 7

Surprised?

Thoughts?

I know it doesnt matter much, but i was surprised when i saw this stat.
    west has had great teams so its not a surprise. Kobe has been a great player. no doubt about it.

Not surprised.

He's in a conference where he has the opportunity to do so. Though it's not as if other players wouldn't have similar results in his scenario. But he's still the only one who's achieved it so good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    yeah not surprising seeing Lebron that low on the list. His postseason trips most of the time have been cakewalks.
    Kobe

5th best player of all-time. Just giving me more reasons to keep him there. Keep em coming.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    pretty much this. lots of people are just putting emphasis on the disparity because Lebron plays in a weak(er) conference which is usually top 1-3 team heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Well, I don't find it too surprising since Kobe has won his titles in an era where the West has been brutally competitive. I think when the Lakers won their last NBA title, IIRC their first round match up (OKC) had 50 wins and were the 8th seed.

It's surprising to me that Duncan only has 18. Seeing that Kobe and Duncan both have 5 titles. I guess it might also be contributed be the opponent that they've faced in the finals. I think that every East team that Kobe has beaten in the finals had at least 50 or 51 wins. With Duncan, IIRC, they played the Nets in the finals who had like 48 wins, then the Cavs, and also the Knicks in the lock-out shortened season in 99.
    The Cavs won 50 games that year in 2007, but yea. The 2 lockouts are probably factored a bit in this. Even though SA won 50 in the 2nd lockout, I think only Chicago did as well that year.

I think only the Knicks in 99 and the Nets (49 wins) were the non 50 win teams in the finals we played. I was a little surprised his number was lower too though tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post

Well the reason for that is because of the 2 recent NBA Lockouts.

The Spurs won the title in 98-99 but no team had 50 wins because they didn't play enough games, but going off records they beat 2 teams that would have been at 50 wins (Lakers and Blazers)

Then in 11-12 the Spurs beat the Clippers who would have won 50 games without the lockout.

So adding 3 he would be at 21, still not at Kobe's # but a few more.

Impressive, especially seeing as how he was supposed to never get another ring without Shaq..….

Not surprised. He was part of a team that had Shaq after all.

Just goes to show the level of competition in the West the last 15+ years compared to the East. Duncan should be higher no doubt because of the lockouts.

Quote Originally Posted by dAngelo View Post
    Not surprised. He was part of a team that had Shaq after all.
    2008-2009 & 2009-2010 was a Shaq-less back to back.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast