Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Is Lebron better off losing against the Hawks than losing another NBA finals?

I had an argument with a friend the other day. While it's impressive Lebron's been in the NBA finals for 5 straight years, if he'd lost he would be 2/6. Does this ruin his legacy?

If he lost in the NBA Finals, which I don't think he will this year, it would still be better than losing in the ECF.

9 players in history have been to 5 straight Finals. 8 were from the Celtics dynasties. That streak just doesn't happen. Even if you assume he doesn't win, 6 Eastern Conference championships are better than 5.

Jordan went to 6 Finals. Kobe went to 7. This is LeBron's 6th. Rarified air. You'd rather win more series and playoff games than you lose.

As long as it is not with HCA
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

This line of thinking makes no sense to me. Losing to the Hawks and not making the finals would be worse then losing in the finals period. No argument makes sense to support an earlier playoff exit being better than a later one lol.

He's better off losing the rest of the games in his career so he doesn't lose any more important games.

I look at it like sorta like for an Olympic athlete with the Gold and Silver medals. You can't get Gold every time but Silver is always a great accomplishment in itself. Of course it's better to lead your team to a 2nd place finish out of 30 teams then it is to a top 4 place by just making the conference finals.

If he loses some people will be too focused on the 2/6 when really that makes 8 top 2 finishes which is hard to do no matter what.

I just saw a Stat that said Lebron has only beaten 7, 50 win teams in the playoffs.

In context, Kobe has beaten 24, Jordan 20, Duncan 18.......

Its always worse to lose early than not to make it all. Losing to the Hawks would've been really bad.

That being said, he's in the Finals now there's no consolation prize. If he catches a L of course I'm holding it against him.

Do you think Lebron is going into the series saying "well at least I made it?" Hell no its all about winning, no excuses.

If this is people's though process these days, why even make the playoffs?

Only an idiot would actually think losing earlier is better.

He's achieving more by making the finals than by only making the ECF. Anyone who would actually ridicule Lebron with that logic is pretty stupid.

Nope
    I am the hero PSD deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

i'd prefer he died

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bron > Kobe:29995457
    I just saw a Stat that said Lebron has only beaten 7, 50 win teams in the playoffs.

And 2 out of those 7 teams were the Thunder and Spurs, so only had to go through 5 50+ teams from the east all those years. Can't blame him, he has to play the teams in front of him, but Wow the East has been beyond a joke during his reign....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    And 2 out of those 7 teams were the Thunder and Spurs, so only had to go through 5 50+ teams from the east all those years. Can't blame him, he has to play the teams in front of him, but Wow the East has been beyond a joke during his reign....

The east has always been a joke even in the 90's. There's only 2 or 3 good teams, MAX. Outside of the Pacers and at one point the Knicks, the Bulls had no problem getting in every single year.

It hasn't changed ever since. There's been only been 3 teams in the East that have been good in the past 15 years: the KG-Pierce-Allen Celtics, the Billups-Rasheed Pistons, and the Lebron James teams.

I mean do you remember when Iverson and the 76ers went to the NBA finals? Man that team stunk. This year, there was no way the Boston Celtics this year should have gone to the playoffs. That was so bad.

The 2007 Cleveland team was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bron > Kobe View Post

this is crazy cant be true. who the hell has kobe been playing in the playoffs lol

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast