Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games will the Cubs win?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - Blame BDawk for living in KC

4 28.57%
  • 1 - Blame CubsFan/Realist for living in KC

2 14.29%
  • 2 - meh, we'll take it

4 28.57%
  • 3 - SWEEP!!!

4 28.57%
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Am I crazy for liking Matt Szczur's potential for a long MLB career? He's an 80% contact guy with decent discipline and developing power. He's nearly at 900 OPS at Iowa.
    Not to mention he's a good CF with wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    BDawk's List of Self-Proclaimed Greatness©

1. Better MLB hitter than Jon Lester
    2. Better BBQ nachos than any Memphis BBQ nachos
    3. Two "Fantasy Baseball Champion" T-Shirts (purchased on his own accord)

*BDawk has my permission to use this as his signature*
    *This list will be fluid and obviously grow*
    Your best post ever.

Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsFan/Realist View Post
    O yea, I devour them haha...

For all of you that like craft beer, Tank 7 from Boulevard is the real deal (kind of pricey, but worth it if you get the chance). Boulevard Wheat is also a top notch more affordable craft. They also just came out with a can series for summer. They usually only do bottles, but they wanted to do a can series so people like me who live in apartment complexes can bring it to the pool that doesn't allow bottles. I'm not a big IPA guy, but I tried their Heavy Lifting IPA and it is probably the smoothest IPA I've ever had - enough to actually make me kind of want to start trying more IPA's...

sorry for the rambles but I figured beer, BBQ, and baseball all go together and I'm sure some of you will someday roll through KC and want to know the inside scoop.
    Different subject, have you tried that KC Lockup over in the river market? We are doing it on a few weeks. Looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez:29997717
    null

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    I've thoroughly enjoyed the talk. If not for this I would have thought KC was a dump...
    I was right there with you before I moved here, I've been pleasantly surprised! Kind of a hidden gem in the Midwest if you're into bigger city feel without the crazy traffic and other huge city problems. Plenty of things to do for people of all ages too.
    BRYZZO
    Souvenir Company

Perhaps my disdain for Kansas City is unwarranted, having never been there, but the city doesn't help itself at all by requiring I-70 to get there. Anything past Wentzville should be nuked. Columbia, MO especially. Kansas also neighbors the worst state on the ****ing planet. Notice that I didn't limit that to just the United States. Oklahoma is the absolute biggest **** hole on the planet. The only good thing that ever came out of Oklahoma is nothing. Worthless state. I hope my ex-girlfriend who still lives there contracts syphilis. I'm sure Kansas City would be a nice place to live if it was in Illinois. Now that I think about it, all of Missouri just ****ing sucks. And anything that touches Missouri with the exception of Illinois sucks. Although Oklahoma definitely sucks more. My apologies to any of you who may be from Oklahoma. Just kidding. That place really does ****ing suck.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka • Angelique Kerber • Bianca Andreescu

I-70... Where every 5 miles is a billboard for a church/antiabortion or a sex store/strip club, sometimes on the same billboard lol (mainly around Columbia and STL)...

Kansas sucks... like you said, literally the shithole of the earth once you are about 20 miles outside KC on the Kansas side (mainly due to the SUPER conservative people, I'm pretty moderate)

Never been to OK... guess I won't go haha
    BRYZZO
    Souvenir Company

Quote Originally Posted by CubsFan/Realist View Post
    I-70... Where every 5 miles is a billboard for a church/antiabortion or a sex store/strip club, sometimes on the same billboard lol (mainly around Columbia and STL)...

Kansas sucks... like you said, literally the shithole of the earth once you are about 20 miles outside KC on the Kansas side (mainly due to the SUPER conservative people, I'm pretty moderate)

Never been to OK... guess I won't go haha
    Ha! I used to take I-44 to Oklahoma and there was nothing but Lions Dens and other various sex shops along the highway. Missouri must be lonely.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka • Angelique Kerber • Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Am I crazy for liking Matt Szczur's potential for a long MLB career? He's an 80% contact guy with decent discipline and developing power. He's nearly at 900 OPS at Iowa.
    He's a backup guy. He's not a bad player by any means, but I don't see him developing into a starting caliber player any time soon, either.

It should be noted, he had a .288 wOBA in his first attempt at AAA. While he's fairing much better this season, I don't really think the .370 wOBA is very indicative of what he really is at AAA, either.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Different subject, have you tried that KC Lockup over in the river market? We are doing it on a few weeks. Looks fun.
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He's a backup guy. He's not a bad player by any means, but I don't see him developing into a starting caliber player any time soon, either.

It should be noted, he had a .288 wOBA in his first attempt at AAA. While he's fairing much better this season, I don't really think the .370 wOBA is very indicative of what he really is at AAA, either.
    Not a star by any means but I think his skillset will allow him to have some valuable seasons (3ish WAR) and I could see him playing 10+ years.

Just a hunch.

No, but I really want to! I just found out about it a few weeks ago, and it's literally a block from where I live haha...

For those of you (all of you) that don't know what we're talking about, KC Lockup is a new thing in town where you and your group get locked in a room that looks like a dingy hotel room... Your goal is to find your way out! They give you riddles and clues and you have an hour to figure out how to get out. The record I heard so far is around 50 min, they make it really hard. I'll definitely be trying it sometime soon
    BRYZZO
    Souvenir Company

My co-worker (who is a diehard Raiders fan) swears by Arrowhead Stadium being an awesome place to tailgate and watch a game at.

He goes there at least one time every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    My co-worker (who is a diehard Raiders fan) swears by Arrowhead Stadium being an awesome place to tailgate and watch a game at.

He goes there at least one time every season.
    He's not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsFan/Realist:29997910
    No, but I really want to! I just found out about it a few weeks ago, and it's literally a block from where I live haha...

For those of you (all of you) that don't know what we're talking about, KC Lockup is a new thing in town where you and your group get locked in a room that looks like a dingy hotel room... Your goal is to find your way out! They give you riddles and clues and you have an hour to figure out how to get out. The record I heard so far is around 50 min, they make it really hard. I'll definitely be trying it sometime soon
    Locked in a dingy hotel room for an hour with BDawk... Pass!

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast