Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games will the Cubs win?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - Blame BDawk for living in KC

4 28.57%
  • 1 - Blame CubsFan/Realist for living in KC

2 14.29%
  • 2 - meh, we'll take it

4 28.57%
  • 3 - SWEEP!!!

4 28.57%
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsFan/Realist View Post
    Dear Jack the Ripper,

Please do not start a holy war in my thread. Both subsets of BBQ have their unique qualities, pros, and cons.

Sincerely,

CubsFan/Realist

(PS: Memphis dry rub is to die for...)

Dear CubsFan/Realist

Only BDawk supports all things Kansas City on this forum. You are correct that both subsets of BBQ have their unique qualities, pros, and cons. I will only make fun of BDawk because he buys his BBQ in a plastic container at the Hy-Vee store.

Sincerely,
    Jack the Ripper

P.S. The BBQ nachos in Memphis.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka • Angelique Kerber • Bianca Andreescu

Thanks! I'm like you, when I first came here for my interview for school I had pretty low expectations for the city (the school was actually pretty low on my pre-interview list because of my ignorance about the city)... But it is actually a really cool city with TONS to do and is constantly growing/improving. The people here are also generally very nice. Do I think I'll stay long-term? Probably not, but I'm also not a big city person. It's a great place if you are young, very affordable and great nightlife at Westport and Power & Light district.

Food wise, Joe's KC BBQ is second to none imo. I take everyone who visits me there (get the Z-Man w/ fries, you won't regret it). Arthur Bryant's and Jack Stacks is pretty good as well. Boulevard Beer is great, pretty spoiled to have it available to me whenever I want hahaha.

I live in the River Market area. Pretty close to the hospital and great neighborhood imo

I knew you worked in Westport from previous threads, figured you lived here too

Yea, it is hit or miss with the Hipsters, but usually it is the place to be on the weekends. I love Harpo's as long as it's not packed. When it's a normal crowd it's really chill and a great place to grab a drink and watch any game that's on with friends.
    Love Harpos.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    .603AVG/.621BP/1.017SLG/1.638OPS/19RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Boulevard Wheat for life!

I have had Joe's! (Back when it was Oklahoma Joe's) Very very good no doubt. But for me, my favorite is L C's ! Have you ever had a chance to try that place? Very authentic and super tasty! My sister went to school at KU and now lives in KC so I have been able to visit a few times. Very nice place indeed! Have you tried the Beer Kitchen in Westport? The food is fantastic!

Also, Do you go to UMKC?
    LC's is super legit. And the Beer Kitchen, that place is hella awesome. Love the fries there.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch

Yea, I still refer to it as Oklahoma Joe's haha. Going to be honest with you, I've never heard of LC's! My wife and I have been looking for a new place to try, it's now on the list! Beer kitchen is definitely good, I've only eaten there once mainly because there are so many places in KC that I try to mix it up often. I actually read somewhere that KC has one of the highest restaurants per capita of any city in the nation.

Yea, I go to UMKC School of Medicine. I'm originally from southern Illinois so KC was a big change, but I've loved it so far!
    What about Cancun Fresh, on Pennsylvania across from the theater?

Street Tacos are to die for.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper:29997391

Dear CubsFan/Realist

Only BDawk supports all things Kansas City on this forum. You are correct that both subsets of BBQ have their unique qualities, pros, and cons. I will only make fun of BDawk because he buys his BBQ in a plastic container at the Hy-Vee store.

Sincerely,
    Jack the Ripper

xs 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Dear CubsFan/Realist

Sincerely,
    Jack the Ripper

Bdawks bbq nachos > Memphis

And **** your face hole **** face.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

And **** your face hole **** face.
    Silky O'Sullivan's BBQ nachos with a Diver bucket > BDawk's reheated pulled pork in a plastic tub poured over stale tortilla chips with oh **** I forgot to buy the good cheese I guess shredded taco blend will do nachos.

And, **** your Kansas City face you Kansas City ****.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Am I crazy for liking Matt Szczur's potential for a long MLB career? He's an 80% contact guy with decent discipline and developing power. He's nearly at 900 OPS at Iowa.
    I'd really like to stop dicking w/ him and just have him on the ballclub. He's a good defensive replacement and for a PH he's great because of his contact ability. Fully agree w/ you. No more dicking around w/ Mike Baxters of the world, just let this kid play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Silky O'Sullivan's BBQ nachos with a Diver bucket > BDawk's reheated pulled pork in a plastic tub poured over stale tortilla chips with oh **** I forgot to buy the good cheese I guess shredded taco blend will do nachos.

And, **** your Kansas City face you Kansas City ****.
    I smoke a mean pork butt. Queso cheese, hommemade bbq sauce, peppers, home fried tortillas = ohmyorgasmingtastebuds

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch

I smoke a mean pork butt. Queso cheese, hommemade bbq sauce, peppers, home fried tortillas = ohmyorgasmingtastebuds
    Whoa! Keep it clean. This is a family forum.

Also, we don't believe in your BBQ nachos until you make some for the whole forum. We also want beer.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez:29997461
    BDawk's List of Self-Proclaimed Greatness©

1. Better MLB hitter than Jon Lester
    2. Better BBQ nachos than any Memphis BBQ nachos
    3. Two "Fantasy Baseball Champion" T-Shirts (purchased on his own accord)

*BDawk has my permission to use this as his signature*
    *This list will be fluid and obviously grow*

Jack's recommendation of the day: Silky O'Sullivan's on Beale St.

Silky O'Sullivan's
    https://c3.staticflickr.com/3/2791/4...48cc044e_b.jpg

The Diver
    http://s3-media4.fl.yelpassets.com/b...Nck5S3OA/l.jpg

BBQ Nachos
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/62/189...9f2cec8a_b.jpg

Enjoy diving goats, live music, and random appearances from Jack the Ripper.

What about Cancun Fresh, on Pennsylvania across from the theater?

Street Tacos are to die for.
    O yea, I devour them haha...

For all of you that like craft beer, Tank 7 from Boulevard is the real deal (kind of pricey, but worth it if you get the chance). Boulevard Wheat is also a top notch more affordable craft. They also just came out with a can series for summer. They usually only do bottles, but they wanted to do a can series so people like me who live in apartment complexes can bring it to the pool that doesn't allow bottles. I'm not a big IPA guy, but I tried their Heavy Lifting IPA and it is probably the smoothest IPA I've ever had - enough to actually make me kind of want to start trying more IPA's...

sorry for the rambles but I figured beer, BBQ, and baseball all go together and I'm sure some of you will someday roll through KC and want to know the inside scoop.
    BRYZZO
    Souvenir Company

O yea, I devour them haha...

For all of you that like craft beer, Tank 7 from Boulevard is the real deal (kind of pricey, but worth it if you get the chance). Boulevard Wheat is also a top notch more affordable craft. They also just came out with a can series for summer. They usually only do bottles, but they wanted to do a can series so people like me who live in apartment complexes can bring it to the pool that doesn't allow bottles. I'm not a big IPA guy, but I tried their Heavy Lifting IPA and it is probably the smoothest IPA I've ever had - enough to actually make me kind of want to start trying more IPA's...

sorry for the rambles but I figured beer, BBQ, and baseball all go together and I'm sure some of you will someday roll through KC and want to know the inside scoop.
    I've thoroughly enjoyed the talk. If not for this I would have thought KC was a dump...

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Couple things per CCO I just read:

-Castro doesn't fit in the two-hole of the lineup because his "low walk totals make it tough to put him there on a regular basis."

-Maddon on why he's put Castro in the fourth spot; "You gotta break it down and you also have to look at the alternatives...what would you like to do differently? And then, how do you protect Kris Bryant if you move him back down? It's always about putting the whole puzzle together. I really think Starlin Castro is doing the better then people would give him credit for."

-Maddon does not want to bat Anthony Rizzo and Miguel Montero back-to-back in the lineup because of the late game matchups with lefty relievers and Jorge Soler is "trying too hard with runners in scoring position, getting anxious and expanding the zone."
    I just don't like the overthinking involved there. You're accepting a ton of GIDP opportunities putting a heavy GB hitter behind two OBP monsters, and for what payoff? The miniscule advantage of maybe making the other team use a LOOGY in the seventh inning?

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast