Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games will the Cubs win?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - Blame BDawk for living in KC

4 28.57%
  • 1 - Blame CubsFan/Realist for living in KC

2 14.29%
  • 2 - meh, we'll take it

4 28.57%
  • 3 - SWEEP!!!

4 28.57%
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    And where did this Mike Baxter come from? seriously, i have no idea who he is.
    Non-roster invitee. Our bench depth has been hammered pretty badly with injuries. TLS, Denorfia, Olt have all gone down (hence Lake, Herrera, Baxter)

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

They've also lost 4 in a row, so, they are definitely beatable.
    Lost 4 in a row, AND on the cover of this week's SI.

Mike ****ing Baxter can go fly a ****ing kite. Dude needs a demotion....and he can take Herrera with him.

I second that ^

To be fair, the alternatives are a little less than awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    To be fair, the alternatives are a little less than awesome too.
    Id rather see T Wood get pinch AB's and play the OF then have Mike ****ing Baxter take another step onto Wrigley Field. Guys had 15 ML AB's in like 2 years, NEXT!!

Mendy, sczuruzzurucur, twoody......all better options.

Give me a break with the Soler expanding zone crap. Castro has literally had PAs where 6 balls were thrown and he finally got out on an 0-2 pitch. He's been atrocious with RISP also. Soler is at least trending up lately.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Give me a break with the Soler expanding zone crap. Castro has literally had PAs where 6 balls were thrown and he finally got out on an 0-2 pitch. He's been atrocious with RISP also. Soler is at least trending up lately.
    I agree with the bolded. Soler absolutely has thus far expanded the zone with runners on, he gets blood thirsty. Castro at least makes consistent contact (albeit weak contact lately). I'd actually like Montero in the 4th spot.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Nice thread.

Boulevard Beer is mad tasty...Got to take a tour of the brewery while I was there. KC is a great town, was not expecting to like it as much as I did. Great weather, great food and the neighborhood of West Port is awesome! The only thing I don't like about KC MO is that it is in Missouri lol.
    Thanks! I'm like you, when I first came here for my interview for school I had pretty low expectations for the city (the school was actually pretty low on my pre-interview list because of my ignorance about the city)... But it is actually a really cool city with TONS to do and is constantly growing/improving. The people here are also generally very nice. Do I think I'll stay long-term? Probably not, but I'm also not a big city person. It's a great place if you are young, very affordable and great nightlife at Westport and Power & Light district.

Food wise, Joe's KC BBQ is second to none imo. I take everyone who visits me there (get the Z-Man w/ fries, you won't regret it). Arthur Bryant's and Jack Stacks is pretty good as well. Boulevard Beer is great, pretty spoiled to have it available to me whenever I want hahaha.

Not sure I realized you were in KC? What part?
    I live in the River Market area. Pretty close to the hospital and great neighborhood imo

And the poll sucks, I don't live in KC you twats.
    I knew you worked in Westport from previous threads, figured you lived here too

It really is. It has more Hipsters than I would like, but that is a "problem" in a lot of places
    Yea, it is hit or miss with the Hipsters, but usually it is the place to be on the weekends. I love Harpo's as long as it's not packed. When it's a normal crowd it's really chill and a great place to grab a drink and watch any game that's on with friends.
    BRYZZO
    Souvenir Company

Quote Originally Posted by CubsFan/Realist View Post
    Thanks! I'm like you, when I first came here for my interview for school I had pretty low expectations for the city (the school was actually pretty low on my pre-interview list because of my ignorance about the city)... But it is actually a really cool city with TONS to do and is constantly growing/improving. The people here are also generally very nice. Do I think I'll stay long-term? Probably not, but I'm also not a big city person. It's a great place if you are young, very affordable and great nightlife at Westport and Power & Light district.

Food wise, Joe's KC BBQ is second to none imo. I take everyone who visits me there (get the Z-Man w/ fries, you won't regret it). Arthur Bryant's and Jack Stacks is pretty good as well. Boulevard Beer is great, pretty spoiled to have it available to me whenever I want hahaha.

I live in the River Market area. Pretty close to the hospital and great neighborhood imo

I knew you worked in Westport from previous threads, figured you lived here too

Yea, it is hit or miss with the Hipsters, but usually it is the place to be on the weekends. I love Harpo's as long as it's not packed. When it's a normal crowd it's really chill and a great place to grab a drink and watch any game that's on with friends.
    Boulevard Wheat for life!

I have had Joe's! (Back when it was Oklahoma Joe's) Very very good no doubt. But for me, my favorite is L C's ! Have you ever had a chance to try that place? Very authentic and super tasty! My sister went to school at KU and now lives in KC so I have been able to visit a few times. Very nice place indeed! Have you tried the Beer Kitchen in Westport? The food is fantastic!

Also, Do you go to UMKC?
    Last edited by Cubs420; 05-28-2015 at 03:14 PM.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    I agree with the bolded. Soler absolutely has thus far expanded the zone with runners on, he gets blood thirsty. Castro at least makes consistent contact (albeit weak contact lately). I'd actually like Montero in the 4th spot.
    They've both been really bad in that respect; the difference is Castro's ability to put pitches out of the zone into play, and make weak outs. Castro is OPSing 562 this month. Both Russell and Soler are performing 200+ points better, with contact rates nearly 10 points better than their April output. They've been really good this month. Castro is doing absolutely nothing in terms of run production in the 4 spot. Maddon is simply incorrect when he says Castro is doing better than people think.

He has a 224 wOBA with runners on (only 1 XBH) and 225 with RISP. These are the 3 places he's batted in the order:

4th: 238/45 (wOBA/wRC+) in 69 PA
    5th: 365/130 in 57 PA
    6th: 252/54 in 72 PA

Soler has struggled with RISP but he's been slightly above average with runners on with 311/93

He's been really productive in the 3 & 5 spots

433/175 in 32 PA (998 OPS with good BBK)
    371/134 in 35 PA

SSS

Bryant is amazing in the 2 and 4

410/160 in 72 PA
    378/138 in 76 PA

Rizzo can hit anywhere. Montero only has significant PA in the 5 (398/152 in 67 PA).

So I see Joe's dilemma. 3 guys are most productive in the 5 with large disparities in their other spots. FWIW, provided the SSS, he has nobody who has produced a ****ing thing in the 6 & 7 spots. Although Russell hasn't been given the opportunity. Russell has 5 doubles with runners on and a slightly above average wOBA.

Fowler
    Bryant
    Soler
    Rizzo
    Montero (best spot for Castro but Miggy's production still trumps his)
    Russell
    Cog
    P
    Castro

Seems to be best alignment. Castro bats 303 with bases empty.

Boulevard Wheat for life!

I have had Joe's! (Back when it was Oklahoma Joe's) Very very good no doubt. But for me, my favorite is L C's ! Have you ever had a chance to try that place? Very authentic and super tasty! My sister went to school at KU and now lives in KC so I have been able to visit a few times. Very nice place indeed! Have you tried the Beer Kitchen in Westport? The food is fantastic!

Also, Do you go to UMKC?
    Yea, I still refer to it as Oklahoma Joe's haha. Going to be honest with you, I've never heard of LC's! My wife and I have been looking for a new place to try, it's now on the list! Beer kitchen is definitely good, I've only eaten there once mainly because there are so many places in KC that I try to mix it up often. I actually read somewhere that KC has one of the highest restaurants per capita of any city in the nation.

Yea, I go to UMKC School of Medicine. I'm originally from southern Illinois so KC was a big change, but I've loved it so far!
    BRYZZO
    Souvenir Company

Am I crazy for liking Matt Szczur's potential for a long MLB career? He's an 80% contact guy with decent discipline and developing power. He's nearly at 900 OPS at Iowa.

Dear Kansas City,

Memphis does barbecue better.

Sincerely,
    Jack the Ripper
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Dear Kansas City,

Memphis does barbecue better.

Sincerely,
    Jack the Ripper
    Dear Jack the Ripper,

Please do not start a holy war in my thread. Both subsets of BBQ have their unique qualities, pros, and cons.

Sincerely,

CubsFan/Realist

(PS: Memphis dry rub is to die for...)

BRYZZO
    Souvenir Company

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast