Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: would you rank Lebron above Kobe All-Time if they beat the Dubs in the finals?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 23.91%
  • No

    16 34.78%
  • Already had him ranked higher (explain)

    19 41.30%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    9,830
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It would be by far his most impressive feat to date.

    Not sure I can reduce an all time legacy shift to one single event like this...so I'll abstain from voting. It's not that simple.
    Lots of people don't consider this a feat, but I think staying injury free for so long is impressive in itself. He's logged tons of mins at a high level and somehow managed to stay healthy. It's a testament to his dedication on his body and work ethic

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,879
    The poll results are so telling. Pretty much if you're a Lebron fan or a Lebron hater, you've already made up your mind on the guy. And only some ridiculous feats or failures would change our minds one way or the other. I thought there might be SOME grey area here, but apparently there's not. Not even winning a third title with an inferior team against a superior team without HCA would sway the minds of Lebron haters.

    Barring Lebron doing something ridiculous like winning six championships, I don't think Kobe fan will ever rank Lebron higher. And that's just a little sad to me.


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,372
    I think that if Lebron can win it with a strong series, that it would put Lebron over Kobe definitively. Bryant's teams have been usually the heavy favorite in the finals. I don't think anybody (including maybe Jordan), would be able to catapult this Cavs team over a near 70 wins Warriors team

    If Lebron does it, it might close one question, but re-open another lol
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

    But Tittays are forever.


    I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    9,830
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The poll results are so telling. Pretty much if you're a Lebron fan or a Lebron hater, you've already made up your mind on the guy. And only some ridiculous feats or failures would change our minds one way or the other. I thought there might be SOME grey area here, but apparently there's not. Not even winning a third title with an inferior team against a superior team without HCA would sway the minds of Lebron haters.

    Barring Lebron doing something ridiculous like winning six championships, I don't think Kobe fan will ever rank Lebron higher. And that's just a little sad to me.
    Why does where people that you don't care about and don't care about you, affect your psyche so much? People have been ranking Lebron ahead of Kobe for a couple years now, I've never been "sad" about it. Plus maybe they're thinking it'll take more than a series to pass Kobe? There's a lot of variables to an individual's ranking and this question n these answers are black n white. Plus you call them haters which outs your bias, what if they just aren't lovers of his?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Since when did we stop holding superstars accountable for Finals losses? I don't see Ewing, Malone, Stockton, or Barkley in anybody's top 10. And they all lost to a superior team without the benefit of jumping teams and taking the easiest path to the Finals to do so. But you still rank them lower than other greats because of their Finals losses, despite having great all time stats.

    Why should Lebron be treated any differently, especially since his team hopping has guaranteed he's a odds on favorite every year?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's completely ridiculous that Lebron's legacy should be damaged MORE by making it all the way to the Finals and losing than if he got knocked off in the first round or didn't win at all. That logic is mind-numbingly stupid. If a player leads a team to the Finals six times in his career as the No. 1 guy, give that player his due because that's a spectacular accomplishment. As long as that player ends up with one or two rings and has the production to back it up, he's proved himself enough in the postseason to deserve a seat among the all-time greats.

    Any time someone brings up Lebron's Finals record, I like them to seriously, SERIOUSLY take a look at the Finals record of Wilt Chamberlain. If Lebron were to lose in the Finals this season, he'd be 2-4 in the Finals. You know who else has that same record? Wilt. And he played in an era with far fewer teams. And he probably wasn't even the best players on that 72 Lakers championship squad. Yet fans (especially Lakers fans) completely overlook that when they rank Wilt among the three or four greatest players of all-time.

    If Wilt gets the benefit of the doubt, why can't Lebron?


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,879
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Why does where people that you don't care about and don't care about you, affect your psyche so much? People have been ranking Lebron ahead of Kobe for a couple years now, I've never been "sad" about it. Plus maybe they're thinking it'll take more than a series to pass Kobe? There's a lot of variables to an individual's ranking and this question n these answers are black n white. Plus you call them haters which outs your bias, what if they just aren't lovers of his?
    It doesn't affect my psyche at all actually. I just think it's a little sad how biased some fans are against the guy and how much homerism I see for Kobe from Lakers fans. I mean, I get it. There are some Rockets players I've loved over the years and some arguments I've probably been a tad biased on because of it. Like I probably will never rank Shaq ahead of Hakeem. But in my defense, I have a legitimate case for Hakeem over Shaq based on overall skill, defense and the 95 Finals. What legitimate argument does Kobe fan have over Lebron fan at this point other than "Ringgzzzzzz!!!!!?" I just don't see one. Even if I'm generous and say they're a wash defensively, Lebron is a superior player in literally every other area outside of mid-range shooting and the free throw line.

    Like I said, I understand the homer tendencies of Kobe fan. You love your guy and have a hard time excepting that his biggest rival is better. But at some point, you have to take an objective look at the situation and ask yourself what the basis for your argument is. You guys just really don't have much of a leg to stand on anymore.


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,535
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's completely ridiculous that Lebron's legacy should be damaged MORE by making it all the way to the Finals and losing than if he got knocked off in the first round or didn't win at all. That logic is mind-numbingly stupid. If a player leads a team to the Finals six times in his career as the No. 1 guy, give that player his due because that's a spectacular accomplishment. As long as that player ends up with one or two rings and has the production to back it up, he's proved himself enough in the postseason to deserve a seat among the all-time greats.

    Any time someone brings up Lebron's Finals record, I like them to seriously, SERIOUSLY take a look at the Finals record of Wilt Chamberlain. If Lebron were to lose in the Finals this season, he'd be 2-4 in the Finals. You know who else has that same record? Wilt. And he played in an era with far fewer teams. And he probably wasn't even the best players on that 72 Lakers championship squad. Yet fans (especially Lakers fans) completely overlook that when they rank Wilt among the three or four greatest players of all-time.

    If Wilt gets the benefit of the doubt, why can't Lebron?
    Well said.

    Don't think you'll get a good counter-point to that, man. You're arguing against hate, not debate (seewutididthar!).
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme LA View Post
    I think it will negatively impact him no matter what round he loses. The man has stacked his team and paved an easy path to the Finals throughout the last 5 years to give him the easiest opportunity to win a ring. If he fails to do so, he should certainly take a hit on his legacy if he fails to.
    You shouldn't even both posting in Lebron threads since no one can take you seriously with a sig like that. As a Kobe/Laker fan you choose a sig to diss James instead of something about your own favorite team or players. It really shows a bias right there before even reading what you have to say.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    9,830
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    It doesn't affect my psyche at all actually. I just think it's a little sad how biased some fans are against the guy and how much homerism I see for Kobe from Lakers fans. I mean, I get it. There are some Rockets players I've loved over the years and some arguments I've probably been a tad biased on because of it. Like I probably will never rank Shaq ahead of Hakeem. But in my defense, I have a legitimate case for Hakeem over Shaq based on overall skill, defense and the 95 Finals. What legitimate argument does Kobe fan have over Lebron fan at this point other than "Ringgzzzzzz!!!!!?" I just don't see one. Even if I'm generous and say they're a wash defensively, Lebron is a superior player in literally every other area outside of mid-range shooting and the free throw line.

    Like I said, I understand the homer tendencies of Kobe fan. You love your guy and have a hard time excepting that his biggest rival is better. But at some point, you have to take an objective look at the situation and ask yourself what the basis for your argument is. You guys just really don't have much of a leg to stand on anymore.
    Lebron was never Kobe's biggest rival. They've never even met in the post season. I don't care about Lebron much at all, I just don't like him because of his leboner fan base that thinks he can do no wrong. And what you think or how others rank is irrelevant to how I rank my guys. you people are so obsessed with pushing Lebron down everyones throats. Kobe has been a villain to everyone's team for so long, and he's so hated that people have their "white knight" in Lebron to parade around as his superior finally. To me it feels like Most people pushing Lebron probably aren't even huge fans of his, just haters of Kobe deep down. They can't even mention Lebron without being insecure and mentioning Kobe. To me it's like those pot heads that counter every argument against it by brining up alcohol.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,670
    As for the question I think it's pretty even right now. At the rate Lebron is going he'll clearly pass Kobe almost no matter what though before it's all said and done. A couple more seasons just to close the longevity gap should definitively do it regardless of these finals. But if he were to beat this Golden State team while having a strong performance then I'd say it's time to officially move him up. Providing the Warriors avoid suffering any major injuries.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Lebron was never Kobe's biggest rival. They've never even met in the post season. I don't care about Lebron much at all, I just don't like him because of his leboner fan base that thinks he can do no wrong. And what you think or how others rank is irrelevant to how I rank my guys. you people are so obsessed with pushing Lebron down everyones throats. Kobe has been a villain to everyone's team for so long, and he's so hated that people have their "white knight" in Lebron to parade around as his superior finally. To me it feels like Most people pushing Lebron probably aren't even huge fans of his, just haters of Kobe deep down. They can't even mention Lebron without being insecure and mentioning Kobe. To me it's like those pot heads that counter every argument against it by brining up alcohol.
    Jerell, you need to read what your own Kobe fans say before you bring up what "LeBoners" are saying. More often than not, your trolling pal Illusionist is out there stirring trouble. If you cannot see the stupidity in his posts and the nonsensical biased arguments he makes, then you clearly support it because you're a LeBron hater. You make logical posts when it doesn't concern Bron but the moment Bron is mentioned, many of you guys turn into complete high school dropouts. Like really, how difficult is it to understand that one player spent more than half his career playing with a roster that never produced a legitimate player other than himself whereas one began his career playing for a top 10 player and the most dominating player in NBA history (on many accounts, there are a huge amount of people who would take a prime Shaq> prime Jordan). So there has to be context in every post and quite frankly, a bunch of people here lack that fundamental. I'm not saying there aren't any crazy LeBron fans out there but the distribution of it doesn't compare to those of Kobe's.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,553
    Golden State will be the underdog if this series happens? lo****ingl

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,035
    So I'm sort of confused. Is it pretty much decided among PSD that the Warriors are the favorites? If they are, I don't consider it to be by much. I can easily see the Cavs winning the series as well for the simple fact that the W's have no answer for LBJ. Yes, Curry has been hot but I think Kyrie will go right back at him.

    I also see both benches contributing equally throughout the series. Tristan Thompson will be just as big of a factor on the boards as Green will be on defense. The Cavs are deeper in my opinion than the Warriors and I actually have them winning this series. Am i the only one who thinks this?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10 View Post
    You shouldn't even both posting in Lebron threads since no one can take you seriously with a sig like that. As a Kobe/Laker fan you choose a sig to diss James instead of something about your own favorite team or players. It really shows a bias right there before even reading what you have to say.
    It's an old sig from the days when Lebron was an award winning actress. I just haven't had time to change it because I only access PSD through my phone.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme LA View Post
    So I'm sort of confused. Is it pretty much decided among PSD that the Warriors are the favorites? If they are, I don't consider it to be by much. I can easily see the Cavs winning the series as well for the simple fact that the W's have no answer for LBJ. Yes, Curry has been hot but I think Kyrie will go right back at him.

    I also see both benches contributing equally throughout the series. Tristan Thompson will be just as big of a factor on the boards as Green will be on defense. The Cavs are deeper in my opinion than the Warriors and I actually have them winning this series. Am i the only one who thinks this?
    Wow... I think Lebron will need to play out of his mind to win this. We talk bench, but look how diluted that has become. Tristan is now a starter not a bench player. Delladova (if Kyrie plays), JR Smith, and James Jones are the Cavs bench rotation. JR and two guys who were 4 point a game players during the season, and no bigs. Marion I think played a few minutes a game, but I was surprised at how small they went, especially against the Bulls. I guess you can't argue the results...

    I just don't feel comfortable with Cleveland right now, with a healthy team and how they were finishing the year, and the experience of some of the guys on that team including their star in the post-season, sure, but really, right now, they have a lot of holes.

    How they played against the Hawks has me hoping it will be a good series, but I truly wouldn't be surprised if they get swept.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •