Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: would you rank Lebron above Kobe All-Time if they beat the Dubs in the finals?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 23.91%
  • No

    16 34.78%
  • Already had him ranked higher (explain)

    19 41.30%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 90
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    My Happy Place
    Posts
    12,134
    The OP's username fits this thread in a nutshell.


    "He ain't even stretch doe!" - D'Angelo Russell


  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotone1401:29989698
    There should be no question Lebron will enhance his status all-time by winning another title despite the fact that he's had another cake walk to the finals through the East.

    The real question that should be answered is whether Lebron could hurt his legacy by losing another finals with the cake walk he's had.
    That's a good hypothetical I would actually like to see. Well I already know the answer, but I'd like to see the rationale just for fun.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,798
    I already rank Lebron as a better player because of his all around ability and efficiency. It doesn't take anything away from Kobe for me. He is one of the best. I don't care about their rankings as players. I only care about the lakers winning. I want them to win again.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimal View Post
    5 votes for already have him
    4 votes for No
    0 votes for Yes

    LeBron haters at their finest.
    6 votes for no and 6 votes for already ahead of Kobe.

    It really just shows the amount of bias for and against Kobe on PSD. There is no objectivity on PSD no matter how many people claim to be.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,423
    James needs to win against the underdog warriors team first. If a first time finals team with a rookie coach can take down James then he will never pass Kobe. I can see curry ripping away the best player tag away from James after these finals tho.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    That's a good hypothetical I would actually like to see. Well I already know the answer, but I'd like to see the rationale just for fun.
    So you think it does negatively impact his legacy? So the only way LeBron can stop his legacy from taking a hit is by winning a title every year because he plays in the East?

    2nd best isn't good enough and it's actually a knock on him?

    Does that mean if he gets knocked out before the Finals it's actually better than another Finals loss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Unprecedented pussification.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    James needs to win against the underdog warriors team first. If a first time finals team with a rookie coach can take down James then he will never pass Kobe. I can see curry ripping away the best player tag away from James after these finals tho.
    I agree. I don't really think the Warriors are the favorites heading into the Finals against the Cavs. Matchup wise, Kyrie is going to give Curry as many problems as Curry does to him and the W's have no answer for James. I also think the both teams are very deep with their rotation even with Love out.

    If anything, Lebron and the Cavs should be fully prepared considering they've pretty much had a cake walk through the East. If Lebron loses to the Warriors in the Finals it should definitely take a hit on his legacy.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks View Post
    So you think it does negatively impact his legacy? So the only way LeBron can stop his legacy from taking a hit is by winning a title every year because he plays in the East?

    2nd best isn't good enough and it's actually a knock on him?

    Does that mean if he gets knocked out before the Finals it's actually better than another Finals loss?
    I think it will negatively impact him no matter what round he loses. The man has stacked his team and paved an easy path to the Finals throughout the last 5 years to give him the easiest opportunity to win a ring. If he fails to do so, he should certainly take a hit on his legacy if he fails to.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,730
    I love public polls.

    Of the 7 votes for 'no', 5 are Lakers fans, 1 is the main LeBron hater/troll and the other is Flash (which surprises me).

    Of the 8 votes for 'already ranked him above' you have Knicks, Heat, Raptors, Pistons and Bulls fans.

    Always speaks volumes to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Unprecedented pussification.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme LA View Post
    I think it will negatively impact him no matter what round he loses. The man has stacked his team and paved an easy path to the Finals throughout the last 5 years to give him the easiest opportunity to win a ring. If he fails to do so, he should certainly take a hit on his legacy if he fails to.
    So there's no middle ground then. He either wins the next 4/5 titles and becomes 1B to MJ's 1A or his legacy takes a hit every year he doesn't win because he plays in the east and he ends up falling out of the top 15 players ever.

    Glad we cleared that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Unprecedented pussification.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks View Post
    So there's no middle ground then. He either wins the next 4/5 titles and becomes 1B to MJ's 1A or his legacy takes a hit every year he doesn't win because he plays in the east and he ends up falling out of the top 15 players ever.

    Glad we cleared that up.
    Or he simply takes a hit by not progressing up the ladder? No one is saying he should be moved down or out of the top 15. It's not so black and white like you suggest and Lebron is not at the tail end of his career where his status has already been cemented. He's certainly established himself in the top 10 all-time but what he does from here on out can alter the position in which most people place him.

    You certainly can't make the argument that Lebron has reached a place where he can't be knocked down a notch or two depending on how the final stages of his career pans out.
    Last edited by Supreme LA; 05-26-2015 at 08:41 PM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,166
    Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks:29990063
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme LA View Post
    I think it will negatively impact him no matter what round he loses. The man has stacked his team and paved an easy path to the Finals throughout the last 5 years to give him the easiest opportunity to win a ring. If he fails to do so, he should certainly take a hit on his legacy if he fails to.
    So there's no middle ground then. He either wins the next 4/5 titles and becomes 1B to MJ's 1A or his legacy takes a hit every year he doesn't win because he plays in the east and he ends up falling out of the top 15 players ever.

    Glad we cleared that up.
    Since when did we stop holding superstars accountable for Finals losses? I don't see Ewing, Malone, Stockton, or Barkley in anybody's top 10. And they all lost to a superior team without the benefit of jumping teams and taking the easiest path to the Finals to do so. But you still rank them lower than other greats because of their Finals losses, despite having great all time stats.

    Why should Lebron be treated any differently, especially since his team hopping has guaranteed he's a odds on favorite every year?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Since when did we stop holding superstars accountable for Finals losses? I don't see Ewing, Malone, Stockton, or Barkley in anybody's top 10. And they all lost to a superior team without the benefit of jumping teams and taking the easiest path to the Finals to do so. But you still rank them lower than other greats because of their Finals losses, despite having great all time stats.

    Why should Lebron be treated any differently, especially since his team hopping has guaranteed he's a odds on favorite every year?
    Yeah glad Barkley retired a Sixer, Ewing a Knick, and Malone a Jazz, and they never went elsewhere to try and get a ring.

    The funny one is when you hear things like championship losses being a negative. Like when a guy wins 2 rings in his only two finals, and another guy wins 2 rings but loses two other finals. Somehow some people believe that finishing a year with 10 years is more impressive than winning a conference championship.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    72,796
    It would be by far his most impressive feat to date.

    Not sure I can reduce an all time legacy shift to one single event like this...so I'll abstain from voting. It's not that simple.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,278
    so now people are saying cavs favorites in the finals like i said, a lot of people will go in hiding if cavs win.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •