Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: would you rank Lebron above Kobe All-Time if they beat the Dubs in the finals?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 23.91%
  • No

16 34.78%
  • Already had him ranked higher (explain)

19 41.30%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Absolutely. If LeBron can win the ring with no KLove, a hobbled Kyrie and knicks cast offs Shump, JR, and Mozzy, it might go down as the greatest superstar player finals EVER. This is
    Kobe and MJ lovers worst nightmare.

I already rank him ahead of Kobe and that's not going to change because of the Finals, win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's completely ridiculous that Lebron's legacy should be damaged MORE by making it all the way to the Finals and losing than if he got knocked off in the first round or didn't win at all. That logic is mind-numbingly stupid. If a player leads a team to the Finals six times in his career as the No. 1 guy, give that player his due because that's a spectacular accomplishment. As long as that player ends up with one or two rings and has the production to back it up, he's proved himself enough in the postseason to deserve a seat among the all-time greats.

Any time someone brings up Lebron's Finals record, I like them to seriously, SERIOUSLY take a look at the Finals record of Wilt Chamberlain. If Lebron were to lose in the Finals this season, he'd be 2-4 in the Finals. You know who else has that same record? Wilt. And he played in an era with far fewer teams. And he probably wasn't even the best players on that 72 Lakers championship squad. Yet fans (especially Lakers fans) completely overlook that when they rank Wilt among the three or four greatest players of all-time.

If Wilt gets the benefit of the doubt, why can't Lebron?
    Wilt doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. In the all-time rankings, players like Jordan and Kareem, and Magic get raked higher. Wilt numbers are better than Kareems and Magics but they get the benefit of the doubt because titles and winning against good compitition. Wilt is punished for his finals record and not winning many championships by not being ranked at least one or two because his stats, skill, and accolades all say he should be. Same thing will happen to LeBron if he continues to lose against the one tough team he has to face in the playoffs every year. It's just the way it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    For starters....I'm pretty certain each one of these guys ring chased at one point except for Stockton.

And why are superstars held accountable for a Finals loss? Is it their fault or something? What if they happen to run up against another superstar? What if they didn't have the support to win it? Why do you ignore loses before the Finals?

The top 10 lists that I have seen, include plenty of guys that have Finals loses.

I ignore championships completely, and I have those guys outside the top 10. It has nothing to do with their Finals loses.
    Why shouldn't they be? Being a superstar means you should be able to go above and beyond the average player/replacement player, carry more weight for the team, and be a difference maker. You also generally have more responsibility. You aren't suppssed to do it all alone, but you are supposed to lead a team to victory. The key word there is lead. Are leaders not held more accountable than the led?

He's been objectively better than Kobe for years

Quote Originally Posted by Inside Hoops member, 2009
    If your team picks him in the top 10, the GM should be fired. Every year there are comparable talents to Steph who go undrafted. He is not worth a first round pick, let alone a lottery pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    He's been objectively better than Kobe for years
    Harden? Never.

He's already above Kobe. Simply the better player.

Quote Originally Posted by vics View Post
    He's already above Kobe. Simply the better player.
    Kobe has a greater legacy

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    whos the better individual player?

Quote Originally Posted by Minimal View Post
    5 votes for already have him
    4 votes for No
    0 votes for Yes

LeBron haters at their finest.
    mostly laker or bulls fans.

already have him ahead.... i have kobe like 8th all time and james right now at 7th.

He is not above him right now but he sure will if he wins this year. He'll be above anyone not named MJ if he wins this year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    I don't think you can say kobes better based on legacy. Lebron is a superior player.

LeBron is already higher on the list. Winning this series puts him in the Wilt -Duncan conversation. That is top 3/4. Only Jordan and Kareem would still be better without a question.

Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    LeBron is already higher on the list. Winning this series puts him in the Wilt -Duncan conversation. That is top 3/4. Only Jordan and Kareem would still be better without a question.
    Apparently many people still have Kobe higher

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456