Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What's your prediction for this 2nd round matchup?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Capitals in 4 games

0 0%
  • Capitals in 5 games

0 0%
  • Capitals in 6 games

0 0%
  • Capitals in 7 games

1 16.67%
  • Rangers in 4 games

0 0%
  • Rangers in 5 games

1 16.67%
  • Rangers in 6 games

1 16.67%
  • Rangers in 7 games

3 50.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

NHL Playoff Series Discussion: Washington vs NY Rangers

Capitals lead series 2-1.

Game 1: Capitals win 2-1

Game 2: Rangers win 3-2

Game 3: Capitals win 1-0

Game 4: Wednesday May 5th at Verizon Center 7:30 PM EST NBCS

Game 5: Friday May 8th at Madison Square Garden 7:00 PM EST NBCS
    Last edited by ThomasTomasz; 05-06-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks for making the game threads!
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

And that's why we brought in Joel Ward years ago, to provide that clutch presence in the playoffs. He's earning his paycheck this post-season, that is for sure.

We have a great matchup in net between Lundquist and Holtby, there are going to be plenty more close games like the one we saw today. I'm excited for the next game for sure.

Also, nice to see Ovechkin step his game up, he was all over the ice today and his goal was one that Lundquist didn't have much of a shot to stop. He hasn't let any frustration from being shut down by Johnny Boychuk seep over into this series, which was a concern of mine given some of his past playoff performances.

That was a shocking ending to game 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Reports say Mats Zuccarello will be out for the Rangers for this series, and possibly the rest of the playoffs if they advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    That was a shocking ending to game 1.
    Now I know what you guys were yelling about , a lot of non calls ... Dan Boyle who shouldn't have been on the ice , was boarded.. But that's the NHL

Good to see Kreider is up to his old tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    Now I know what you guys were yelling about , a lot of non calls ... Dan Boyle who shouldn't have been on the ice , was boarded.. But that's the NHL
    It seems that those calls don't happen in the playoffs, and the officials let them play, for better or for worse. Sometimes, it makes for better games, especially in the playoffs. On the other hand, why should there be a different set of rules for the playoffs? Some of the Washington media was wondering why there wasn't a call made against Backstrom if it's worth anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    It seems that those calls don't happen in the playoffs, and the officials let them play, for better or for worse. Sometimes, it makes for better games, especially in the playoffs. On the other hand, why should there be a different set of rules for the playoffs? Some of the Washington media was wondering why there wasn't a call made against Backstrom if it's worth anything.
    Honestly I don't even understand why was Boyle out the against Alex , even on the PP he was out there ...

Rangers will win in 7

this is going to be a great series

ovie is starting to go off which makes things interesting

Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    this is going to be a great series

ovie is starting to go off which makes things interesting
    He was really frustrated earlier in the Isles series, and Trotz had to pull him aside and encourage him to take what was being given, and let the team win for him. It seems that Ovechkin has bought into this, because who would think two years ago he would take that advice? Or that Barry Trotz of all coaches would be giving it to him?

Here's hoping the Caps take tomorrow's game. I missed Game 2 due to work, and I am hopeful I can catch Game 3 despite being on vacation.

Henrik has looked great on the two power plays that the Capitals have had, even as a Caps fan it's enjoyable watching him.

Very good first period of hockey, that the Rangers dominated early on in the shot category. They need to take their time and work to get some quality chances, but great job from their PK and Henrik to stop both PP chances.

I like what the Capitals are doing, they need to keep the pressure up, maybe crash the net a bit more to get a chance on some rebounds.
    Last edited by ThomasTomasz; 05-04-2015 at 08:19 PM.

Lucky goal by Beagle, but I will take it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast