Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NBA Draft

I swear if we draft Frank Kaminsky at 11 it is time for Bird to go ...

Quote Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
    I swear if we draft Frank Kaminsky at 11 it is time for Bird to go ...
    Why? If Larry feels he's the best player available at 11, then that's exactly who I want him to take. From what I've heard he may not even be there at 11 because he's looked good in workouts.

I would just hate to have to endure the "Larry likes him because he's white" idiots out there.

i would be perfectly fine with Kaminsky. he is a very good player. Would def take over myles "huge bust potential" turner.

if stay at 11 would pray for Lyles to slide. Wont happen but would be perfect scenario.

I's be suprised if kaminsky is there when they draft too

I think you guys should draft Kaminsky if available. Need a space the floor big. Cameron Payne could be another option at point

he's another Plumlee

Quote Originally Posted by mh2365:30048619
    he's another Plumlee
    No, no.

Plumlee is more athletic and more of a defensive rebounding presence. Plumlee attempted 0 three pointers all of last season and only has a 12-15 foot range. He's a below 50% FT shooter. He's more akin to Jeff foster or robin Lopez either lesser defensive ability.

Kaminsky runs like a guard, has legitimate range out to the three, attempting over 100 and shooting 41%from there. He is only an average rebounder and defender but can handle the ball like a 2 or 3. He averaged 18.8 and 8. He is more comparable to Brook Lopez or a poor man's nowiztki.

So yeah, they are nothing alike.
    All Hail King Goerge, "The Traitorous King"

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

I would be OK with kaminsky but Portis is my number 1 right now. I've kinda gotten over Myles Turner. Anyways, does anyone know if we have anymore workouts?? If so, the main first round prospects in our area that we have worked out so far include Kaminsky, Portis, Lyles, Turner, Oubre, Cameron Payne, Jerian Grant...anyone else? From that group, my top 3 wish list is Portis, Payne, and Grant.

#iubb

Hey guys...been a while how has everybody been?

I said it right after the college season. Frank is the type of player we need, I see him as more of a natural 4 than the 5 that his 7' height suggests, but he will be able to play against a lot of 5s in the NBA...we just can't expect too much rim protection when he is doing it. He would give us flexibility and offense from a position we are in desperate need of replacing and looking forward.

Another thing I'm seeing whispers of that CHA is basically willing to ship Lance and their pick to get him off their roster. If we could take Lance and get Kamisky and maybe if Cauley-Stein (which could be there) or even Turner and Kamisky would provide the offense/defense front court I believe we need. If we take Lance back with the CHA pick we suddenly have a young front court that can either come in now or sit behind west and Roy to give us a crazy good bench. We would then have trade assets in guys like Ian and/or could move either West or Roy with a package along with someone like Solo Hill to take the next step as a team and fill those final pieces. Or if we have faith in Lavoy's future we could go with Grant or Payne to bolster the back court. If CHA is offering up a top 10 pick to shed Lance, I was on board with that idea when it was originally talked about before the deadline and now seeing who could be there I am still on board...and probably more so, especially on a one and prove it deal with a team option behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    No, no.

Plumlee is more athletic and more of a defensive rebounding presence. Plumlee attempted 0 three pointers all of last season and only has a 12-15 foot range. He's a below 50% FT shooter. He's more akin to Jeff foster or robin Lopez either lesser defensive ability.

Kaminsky runs like a guard, has legitimate range out to the three, attempting over 100 and shooting 41%from there. He is only an average rebounder and defender but can handle the ball like a 2 or 3. He averaged 18.8 and 8. He is more comparable to Brook Lopez or a poor man's nowiztki.

So yeah, they are nothing alike.
    except they both will not be good pro players ... it would be a horrible pick for them ... Nowitzki hilarious ....

except they both will not be good pro players ... it would be a horrible pick for them ... Nowitzki hilarious ....
    Are you saying that you would rather take a project that may sit on the bench for 2 years and might or might not turn into anything?

He said poor mans dirk...which means he will offer a lot of the same style and skills but may not be as good/great....I don't see how you could argue that at at all.

Give me the guy that will basically guarantee you a quality big off the bench and could be a one or two time all star for this team capable of playing inside out and causing miss matches with any team in the league.

I don't see how you could think that someone who has gotten better every year and shown evolution in his game, can pass, run the floor, shoot 3s, maybe not be a great individual defender but plays very well in team defense, is extremely smart with the ball, can handle the ball, has multiple moves in the post already pretty developed, knows and can execute the entire pick and roll/pop tree....and ooh yea is 7' tall...could be be a flop and a mistake and horrible pick and Bird should go away for making the pick. Sure someone like Turner may be better in 5-6 years....however I would put Kamisky at the most immediate impact where he lands and that is what we need.

I'm saying I think Kaminsky will never be a good NBA player and even a project will be better ... depending on who drops if it is Kaminsky, Turner or Payne I would take Payne every single time and never take Kaminsky ... hoping someone like Stein or Lyles drops but that is doubtful

I would take Payne, Cauley-Stein, Lyles, Turner, Bobby Portis, Kelly Oubre and Jerian Grant all before Kaminsky ... if we traded down into the 20's and Kaminsky was available then maybe but I would even take Dekker before Kaminsky

What the Pacers draft board should look like

1st rd
    1) Anthony Towns
    2) Russell
    3) WCS
    4) Payne
    5) Portis
    6) Grant

2nd rd
    1) Upshaw
    2) Christmas
    3) Holmes
    4) Wright
    5) Vaughn

Anybody else will be a bust if picked by the pacers

I'm saying I think Kaminsky will never be a good NBA player and even a project will be better ... depending on who drops if it is Kaminsky, Turner or Payne I would take Payne every single time and never take Kaminsky ... hoping someone like Stein or Lyles drops but that is doubtful

I would take Payne, Cauley-Stein, Lyles, Turner, Bobby Portis, Kelly Oubre and Jerian Grant all before Kaminsky ... if we traded down into the 20's and Kaminsky was available then maybe but I would even take Dekker before Kaminsky
    I'm curious...what big hole do you see in Kamisky's game? Is it because he is a 4 year player? Because you don't want another "white Larry bird pick?" I don't see anything he excels at, but aside from man defense which he isn't terrible at, but just average to above average....I don't see any holes in his game what so ever. He has done well against elite talent in college, he has shown that he can be a threat from the 3point line in, he has shown that he can run the floor with the little guys....What is the big reason you don't think he will not be a productive player. IMO he is the safest pick in the draft and would need an injury not to at the very least be a 1st big off the bench day one for just about anyone.

I'm just wondering what the big bust you see in Kamisky is. Am I missing something? I've seen guys like Russell's stats against any decent competition and his shooting drops by 10% from everywhere and he has sub par games, but everyone loves him, Kamisky works has size and can score from anywhere on the field and you are calling him a bust.

Turner was a big that shot 45% in college and didn't rebound much at Texas averaging something around 2 less than Kamisky. Against butler he went 1-5....yea he pulled down 10 rebounds against a smaller team, but he almost disappeared against anyone worthy of an NBA talent matching up against. The guy can block shots, but at the NBA level is that enough to get him through? He could be good but he could be out of the NBA in 2-3 years as well.

Obure can't handle the ball, Portis is pretty solid all around much like Kamisky, but I'm just curious what is the big hole in Kamiskys game that will have him in the Adam Morrison realm?

I just don't see his game translating to the pros ... he's not quick, he really isn't that athletic. He struggles inside against bigger players ... his 3pt game won't translate to the longer shot in the NBA .... what I see is a very good college player that really took 3 or 4 seasons to get there ... by the time he really started playing great he was far more experienced than other players .... he also benefited tremendously from a system that valued team ball and the NBA isn't about team ball .... I could be wrong (I am a lot) but he just doesn't seem like NBA talent to me .... at best he is another Jeff Foster and do you really want to spend a lottery pick on another Jeff Foster

If the Pacers pick Kaminsky they will no longer be my favorite team. I said the same thing years ago when i thought we would pick Gordon Hayward (thank you Utah). He is the new version of Troy Murphy and boy do i hate Murphy. Every year Murphy was on the Pacers we never made the playoffs but as soon as he is gone we made it. Kaminsky isnt that bad but he will not help our team. I do believe he is better than Okafor, and Turner though. He is too slow to play the 4 and too weak to play center. Get Payne please

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast