Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 106

Thread: 2015 NBA Draft

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431

    2015 NBA Draft

    With the lottery order being decided on Tuesday, I figured it was time for a draft thread. While we're all hoping for a lottery miracle, the Pacers will more than likely be picking at the 11 spot. The chatter has already started with Chad Ford tweeting out that the Pacers are really high on PG Cameron Payne out of Murray State, and that he wouldn't be shocked to see them take him at 11. Smoke screen, or is Larry Bird fully emracing a more run and gun style? My personal opinion is that they would rather play GHill at the 2, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they're looking at a PG. This kid seems to be a Lillard, Teague type player with great court vision and scoring ability. However, I think Larry still has eyes for Dragic and he's already dropping smoke. Somehow landing Dragic and drafting one of the young bigs is what I would put my money on. What are your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    24,689
    I highly doubt Miami lets Dragic go. There's a reason Dragic had a very small list of teams he wanted to be traded to, so I don't think Miami lets him go especially since they gave up 2 1st's for him. I however, do agree with your mindset of the team wanting to play G-Hill at the 2 this year. We saw a lot of combo play this year with CJ Watson or Rodney Stuckey + G-Hill on the court a lot so it makes me think we could be looking at getting a similar player who played the "combo" role...first person that comes to mind is D'Angelo Russell, but realistically I don't think we will trade up to get him or he will fall to us. The next "realistic" two people that come to mind are that Cameron Payne kid from Murray State and Jerian Grant from Notre Dame.

    The other route I think we could go is getting a 4/5 big man. The few that I've seen we have interviewed so far intrigue me: Bobby Portis, Myles Turner, Frank Kamisnky (still not sure how I feel about him), and to a lesser extent Willie Cauley Stein. I think Dakari Johnson and Trey Lyles were interviewed too but it may be a stretch to get them at 11. There is a very strong possibility that both David West and Roy Hibbert won't be back on the team after next season, and frankly that is the oldest area of our team w/ Mahimni and (assuming he re-signs like Larry wants) Scola too.

    #iubb

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    24,689
    Our first workout of draft guys is this Monday...here is the list:

    Jerian Grant, Notre Dame
    Cameron Payne, Murray State
    Olivier Halan, Boston College
    Rakeem Christmas, Syracuse
    Joseph Young, Oregon
    Richaun Holmes, Bowling Green

    #iubb

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    799
    I would be happy with Jerian Grant. The only knock on him is his age and I don't think that would be an issue with Bird because this team isn't rebuilding from scratch. I wouldn't be surprised if he made a move up for WCS though, he fits the direction they want to go in the 5 spot perfectly.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,739
    Interesting that they are looking at a point guard, seems as though many on here feel like it's not a need. Payne would be very solid. Just hoping for a miracle getting to #3

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBabySlick:29951411
    With the lottery order being decided on Tuesday, I figured it was time for a draft thread. While we're all hoping for a lottery miracle, the Pacers will more than likely be picking at the 11 spot. The chatter has already started with Chad Ford tweeting out that the Pacers are really high on PG Cameron Payne out of Murray State, and that he wouldn't be shocked to see them take him at 11. Smoke screen, or is Larry Bird fully emracing a more run and gun style? My personal opinion is that they would rather play GHill at the 2, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they're looking at a PG. This kid seems to be a Lillard, Teague type player with great court vision and scoring ability. However, I think Larry still has eyes for Dragic and he's already dropping smoke. Somehow landing Dragic and drafting one of the young bigs is what I would put my money on. What are your thoughts?
    If they don't get top 3 I would like them to package pick and player or players for a big time impact proven player. I'm sure there are some available just not sure who they would target. If get #3 Pacers win the draft

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    24,689
    Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    Interesting that they are looking at a point guard, seems as though many on here feel like it's not a need. Payne would be very solid. Just hoping for a miracle getting to #3
    I'm all on board for getting a point guard. My mindset for draft day is best available between point guard and big man.

    #iubb

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    I'm all on board for getting a point guard. My mindset for draft day is best available between point guard and big man.
    I like that mindset! Chad Ford said if Grant were 19 or 20 years old, he'd be a top-10 pick. Which sounds pretty stupid because it's like comparing a 12-13 year career with a 14-15 year career.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,739
    Jerian Grant would be a solid pick if thats how the chips fall. I think their will be a lot of movement in offseason with team. Lots of room for improvement

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431
    As soon as the Knicks got the 4th pick. Woj tweeted out that it would be VERY available for trade. Will be interesting to see if Larry tries to move up.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,739
    That would be perfect Russell and mudiay would be great either way.

    Hoops hype has us taking Willie cauley stein, I would be OK with that, get him in there over the load Roy Hibbert. Guy hasn't played a pro game but is better defensively. Actually athletic

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    That would be perfect Russell and mudiay would be great either way.

    Hoops hype has us taking Willie cauley stein, I would be OK with that, get him in there over the load Roy Hibbert. Guy hasn't played a pro game but is better defensively. Actually athletic
    I would love to somehow get 2 top ten picks in this draft! It would be great to come away with a front court and back court player! Would be tough to do, though.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,739
    I meant just getting #4

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    I meant just getting #4
    Yeah, I know. Just being greedy.

    I really don't even see how we could swing a deal with NY for the 4th pick unless they're happy with having Roy or West for the final year of their deals. Even then making the salaries match would be hard.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    24,689
    ^NY has a LOT of cap space this summer so they could probably take on Hibbert without any cap issues. However, I'm like 99% sure their cap space is going towards the pursuit of LaMarcus Aldridge or Marc Gasol. I doubt they would want to take Hibbert from us unfortunately...

    #iubb

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •