Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How much does Middleton get paid this year?

We're gonna have an interesting Free Agency this year, so many teams will have cap space and they'll want to use it before the game changing free agency the following year. Here we have a player in the mold of prime Battier, a guy whos meager per game averages belie his elite 2-way efficiency and even Battier was given a contract that confounded some. But the landscape has changed, more and more teams have caught up with the analytic movement and value players like him more than ever before. Hes also a RFA so you just know teams are gonna have to throw the bank at him to make Milwaukee flinch.

I think he gets $13-16 million per annum and I think he's worth it, from what I've seen. Don't know that I'd put him on Battier's level quite yet but he has the versatility of a Battier and is probably a better offensive player overall. His market is huge because he is so versatile and if you're not saving up your cap for starz he is a fine addition to every team. Versatility on both sides of the floor is underrated, but not anymore when all teams look to go to more positionless basketball offensively and defensively, if they can.

Steph Curry Money - 11 Mill

12-14 per will look like a steal next season when the cap rises. I think him and the Bucks will stay together. Unless somebody throws stupid money at him, not 100% sure of a young max.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I think he gets $13-16 million per annum and I think he's worth it, from what I've seen. Don't know that I'd put him on Battier's level quite yet but he has the versatility of a Battier and is probably a better offensive player overall. His market is huge because he is so versatile and if you're not saving up your cap for starz he is a fine addition to every team. Versatility on both sides of the floor is underrated, but not anymore when all teams look to go to more positionless basketball offensively and defensively, if they can.
    I think he gets 12-14, but disagree with his potential market being huge.

This is the wrong summer to be a free agent. Not many team's have 12M+ in cap space. Next summer they will, but this off-season, just off the top of my head, excluding his home team Bucks... Celtics, Nuggets, 76ers, Magic, Lakers, Knicks? Maybe Pistons?

And you can immediately scratch half that list for known reasons, IE: Knicks-already with Carmelo, 76ers not spending yet, Magic likely resigning Harris instead of hunting FA, etc.

Realistically there are about 2 teams from above that would look at him outside the Bucks if that's his asking price.

One good year and you people are already giving him a max contract LOL
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Woahh....16M From who? Butler, Green, Leonard, Tobias, Jef Green, Millsap, hell Josh Smith, there's a lot of depth at the wing position. Middleton is VERY underrated really solid 2 way player but that wouldn't be the case at 16M.

Parsons got 15M per, his stock last year was higher than Middleton's right now, and many thought he was getting overpaid. I see Middleton getting around 4/48

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I think he gets 12-14, but disagree with his potential market being huge.

This is the wrong summer to be a free agent. Not many team's have 12M+ in cap space. Next summer they will, but this off-season, just off the top of my head, excluding his home team Bucks... Celtics, Nuggets, 76ers, Magic, Lakers, Knicks? Maybe Pistons?

And you can immediately scratch half that list for known reasons, IE: Knicks-already with Carmelo, 76ers not spending yet, Magic likely resigning Harris instead of hunting FA, etc.

Realistically there are about 2 teams from above that would look at him outside the Bucks if that's his asking price.
    I don't really study the cap situations of teams but I would imagine at least 15-20 teams have room to sign him at or around $15 million per, and I disagree that his market won't be big. Even rebuilding teams want someone like him because he will fit no matter what you do and he will improve your team.

If the Sixers think drafting trash every year is eventually going to lead to a Steph Curry wanting to come play for them then they're in for a rude awakening. I actually don't think that's their mindset, though, and he'd be a great addition for team with a lot of room but no where to spend it. A) he fits with every type of team B) he's just entering his prime C) he will be tradeable in almost all situations except for injury.

Damn I know the cap is going up but I do not know if I want to commit that much to Middleton. Does he get much more than Demarre Carroll?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Damn I know the cap is going up but I do not know if I want to commit that much to Middleton. Does he get much more than Demarre Carroll?
    The max contract for players with 6 or less years is 15M so yeah, these are some crazy numbers being thrown out.

He's worth more than Caroll because Middleton is an investment type signing with his youth. But he has had 1 good half season so far, that shouldn't get you a max contract.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    One good year and you people are already giving him a max contract LOL
    What do you think Whiteside would command after this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    What do you think Whiteside would command after this year?
    Of course all of these guys are gonna command as much money as they want, but would you rather pay Whiteside 12-15 mil/yr or Jordan/Gasol for 12-15 mil?
    LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Of course all of these guys are gonna command as much money as they want, but would you rather pay Whiteside 12-15 mil/yr or Jordan/Gasol for 12-15 mil?
    jordan/gasol will probably get maxed out.

Probably the middle road: about 12-14 million.

Want the Raptors to at least take a look at. Guy can defend well and can get his shots/stats on the offensive fronts and Milwaukee will probably not go to extremes to match since they have Jabari and Giannis for the SG/SF positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Woahh....16M From who? Butler, Green, Leonard, Tobias, Jef Green, Millsap, hell Josh Smith, there's a lot of depth at the wing position. Middleton is VERY underrated really solid 2 way player but that wouldn't be the case at 16M.

Parsons got 15M per, his stock last year was higher than Middleton's right now, and many thought he was getting overpaid. I see Middleton getting around 4/48
    3 of those guys you listed are RFA with teams willing to match anything. Butler, Leonard, Millsap are most probably off the table. If I'm the Magic I'll offer Middleton the max over Tobias for sure. If I'm any other team, I'd probably also do the same.
    Last edited by 5ass; 05-08-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast