Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: How many rings does it take to get to the center of....

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 Rings + 2 FMVP. Its about HOW you Win

    14 87.50%
  • 3 Rings, cuz winning is all that matters

    2 12.50%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,617

    Whats the greater outcome for Wade's legacy??

    Lets say that in 2011, the Heat win the Chip with Wade hoisting F.MVP. Thats obviously a HUGE legacy altering addition to his resume, but what if we also say that he doesn't win the following 2 seasons.

    Which is the better outcome, Wade being a 3x Champ or Wade being a 2x FMVP ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,521

    Whats the greater outcome for Wade's legacy??

    2 time finals MVP. He doesn't get much credit for the back to back ships. It was unfortunate Lebron choked that series away.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,584
    Basketball fans would see him in higher regards then we already see him in. His stats and impact in 2011 season, playoffs and finals where amazing. If Wade could of won and also got his final MVP then 2011 would of been remembered as wades year not dirks year.

    James fans will discredit him no matter what. It's just sad they only want to see Wade as a bum and forget what Wade did in 2011 and 2012. Only James fans saw Wade playing awful in 2013 against the Spurs. Even tho Wade out scored every player on the Spurs roster.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,474
    2 MVP's.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,932
    In general the individual awards like MVP and fmvp are most important to a players legacy and best indicators of all time greats (imo). So I think winning the finals mvp would have been best outcome for his legacy. He really wasn't himself the following post seasons and it was pretty obvious (still solid but not close to prime dwade). His level of play during the 2011 post season was different since him and Lebron were basically switching off series of taking over, about the same level of play. So not only is the award in general better but his level of play that season was as well which is the most important to me.

    With all of that said I also don't hold losing to the mavs against him because Lebron was the guy who was supposed to step up and he didn't.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Basketball fans would see him in higher regards then we already see him in. His stats and impact in 2011 season, playoffs and finals where amazing. If Wade could of won and also got his final MVP then 2011 would of been remembered as wades year not dirks year.

    James fans will discredit him no matter what. It's just sad they only want to see Wade as a bum and forget what Wade did in 2011 and 2012. Only James fans saw Wade playing awful in 2013 against the Spurs. Even tho Wade out scored every player on the Spurs roster.
    Great points

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,166
    By basketball fans or Lebron fans?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,089
    3 rings. He was seen as instrumental to both Lebron Heat rings.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8,470
    Obviously 2 finals MVPs. People seem to give him absolutely no credit for the 2 back to back championships they won. Having 2 championships and 2 finals MVP would make him an automatic choice for top 12-15 all-time in most people's eyes. Thanks LeBron for destroying his legacy by disappearing against the mavs. Wade had been stellar throughout that post-season.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,521
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    3 rings. He was seen as instrumental to both Lebron Heat rings.
    By who? Wade has been trashed on since 2011.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,617
    I dont know whats the correct answer but its good to know you guys can value a player with less rings in higher regard than the same player with more rings.

    LOL at everyone mentioning Bron tho. They lost because they were starting the corpse of Bibby and playing guys like Dampier. Bron struggled, yes, but when the roles were reversed, Bron brought the trophy home despite Wade's struggles vs SA.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,932
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    By who? Wade has been trashed on since 2011.
    Saying he was no longer prime wade isn't getting trashed on, it's just adding context. He clearly had taken a slight step back with his injuries by 2012 playoffs and in 2013 his play dropped a little bit more. He is still considered to be the 2nd best player on that championship team who stepped up multiple times when needed.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I dont know whats the correct answer but its good to know you guys can value a player with less rings in higher regard than the same player with more rings.

    LOL at everyone mentioning Bron tho. They lost because they were starting the corpse of Bibby and playing guys like Dampier. Bron struggled, yes, but when the roles were reversed, Bron brought the trophy home despite Wade's struggles vs SA.
    Sorry FC, but if Lebron didn't get wrecked by terry and played somewhat decent they would have beat the Mavs.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,521
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    By who? Wade has been trashed on since 2011.
    Saying he was no longer prime wade isn't getting trashed on, it's just adding context. He clearly had taken a slight step back with his injuries by 2012 playoffs and in 2013 his play dropped a little bit more. He is still considered to be the 2nd best player on that championship team who stepped up multiple times when needed.
    Come on bro we all know the things that were said about him after 2011. Sure he was the second best player but a lot of things that were said about him were unfair.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,017
    Contrary to what anyone says, without Wade we would have never won a title in the Lebron James era so to be honest it's close because Wade has been an integral part of Miami winning all of their championships. However I voted 2 rings and 2 Finals MVP awards because 2 Finals MVP awards would really elevate him. His 2006 Finals was probably the greatest Finals performance of all time and had Miami won in 2011, his 2011 Finals Performance probably would have been Top 5ish.

    I know this goes against the scenario you were mentioning, but say Miami still beat OKC in 2012 but lost to the Spurs in the Finals of both 2013 and 2014 before Lebron left that would leave Wade 3 rings and 2 Finals MVP awards as well. I find that scenario more likely (basically trading the 2013 title for the 2011 title). If Miami had won in 2011, because of Wade's performances in the '06 and '11 Finals as well as being All NBA player and all star year in and year out he would probably easily go down as a top 15-20 player ever.

    In reality however, I currently see Wade as a top 40 player ever and I believe he will probably end up being around top 25 all time by the time he is done. Being a 3x champion with 1 Finals MVP, as well as being an 11x All Star, and an 8x All-NBA player puts him above many. That means he wasn't just on a team that won titles, he was an outstanding player year in and year out. He may deal with injuries and what not, but he is one of the greats.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 05-07-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •