Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Tom Brady still a Hall of Famer after Deflategate?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, First Ballot

80 81.63%
  • Yes, But after several years of waiting.

7 7.14%
  • No, lifetime ban.

11 11.22%
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Is Tom Brady still a Hall of Famer?

After the release of the Wells Report which documents texts that Brady specifically ordered his balls doctored, under the presumption he's been playing under rules for quite some time the question becomes how does this effect his Hall of Fame status?

It's been widely contested, and I'm sure this thread will heat up but I'm not sure how I feel. If having under inflated balls didn't boast a competitive advantage Tom wouldn't have been so adamant to have them that way. It's also extremely troubling that Tom didn't need the balls deflated to succeed in my opinion.

I still think he should be in the HOF, im not saying a lifetime ban but what he did is far worse then what Pete Rose did in baseball to say the least. I don't believe he should be allowed in for awhile, definitely not first ballot. This forever taints all his accomplishments but to what lengths.

It doesn't have any influence on my opinion of him. Still absolutely first ballot

He can be in the hair plugs hall of fame.

**** yes

0 doubt 1st ballot HOF. We're talking about playing with slightly less air in the football. Think about that for a second. Does playing a game or multiple games or multiple seasons with slightly less air in the football than normal really make you think Brady doesn't belong in the HOF?

Or think of it this way: if Mark Sanchez could be your QB with an underinflated football, or Tom Brady could be your QB with a normally inflated football who would you take? I go Brady because this 'deflating' issue is so incredibly overblown and pointless in my opinion.

If the NFL really wants to rage over this, suspend him for a game or 2 and lets move on. Hes still one of the all time greats, he earned his rings, and he will be in the HOF.

There's also precedent in other sports. Joe Niekro was suspended for 10 games near the end of his career for using sandpaper and an emory board. HOF. (Not 1st ballot though).

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    After the release of the Wells Report which documents texts that Brady specifically ordered his balls doctored, under the presumption he's been playing under rules for quite some time the question becomes how does this effect his Hall of Fame status?

It's been widely contested, and I'm sure this thread will heat up but I'm not sure how I feel. If having under inflated balls didn't boast a competitive advantage Tom wouldn't have been so adamant to have them that way. It's also extremely troubling that Tom didn't need the balls deflated to succeed in my opinion.

I still think he should be in the HOF, im not saying a lifetime ban but what he did is far worse then what Pete Rose did in baseball to say the least. I don't believe he should be allowed in for awhile, definitely not first ballot. This forever taints all his accomplishments but to what lengths.
    Maybe for you but 99% of other people who realize this doesnt matter and the patriots still outscored indy without the "deflated balls" points, then beat Seattle straight up. Water under the bridge man.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

This whole thing is dumb. Of course he is. And the Pete Rose comparison is dumb because Rose should definitely be in, just because the MLB is stupid shouldn't have any effect on Brady or the NFL.

If you think a ban should be placed on him then how do you feel about Rice being in? Using a sticking adhesive really is an issue whereas I feel like most couldn't care less about the underinflated ball.

I'm one of those who hopes that Brady gets suspended but imo there's no doubt he's still first ballot HOFer.

Is this a serious Question? 1st ballot, and that's coming from a Phins fan.

No! He's a cheater. There is NO room in the HOF for guys that don't have morals, character, and integrity like all the other amazing, classy men in there already.

IMO yes but either way is acceptable to me so long as the voters are consistent. That's what I've said about BB going back to Spygate and I'll say it about Brady now. You want to take a zero tolerance policy on cheating, fine. It just should apply to every player and situation to be a true zero tolerance policy. Personally, I've never really given much thought to character when talking HOF. Put in the guys who deserve to be there for on-field play.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

subroc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    No! He's a cheater. There is NO room in the HOF for guys that don't have morals, character, and integrity like all the other amazing, classy men in there already.
    I just spit my beer all over the screen!

This is way more then just the Indianapolis game. Who knows how many games this happened throughout his career. I believe one of the texts happened against the Bears this year... How many other games and for how many years? I actually think the whole "spygate" thing was worse and I will always think of him and this Patriots dynasty as a bunch of cheaters. Which I know he will not care.

Still a first ballot HOFer.

Sort of does a number on all those Pats fans' primary argument of the outdoor conditions being a hindrance to his numbers. Never considered him better than Peyton and still don't, but he's a HOFer.

Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast