Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

PLAYOFFS -Eastern Conference Semifinals | (2) CAVS vs (3) Bulls

Well since the Bulls are up like 80 points. I think it's safe to start this thread. If the Bucks somehow come back and win it I'll create another thread.

Discuss... No Love... No JR for 2. I say this series goes 7 games. I'm leaning towards the CAVS.
    Last edited by Arch Stanton; 04-30-2015 at 11:25 PM.

#DoubleNickels

cavs in 6
    ....coooookie

Would you start Shump and/or TT or would you have them come off the bench? I think you've gotta start Shump, at least until JR gets back. And maybe have a 3 guard rotation with LeBron at the 4 when JR returns. But it'll probably be Jones at the 4, with a quick hook if he's not hitting 3s. Noah will kill him on the boards. This will be a tough series for the CAVS. Too many injuries. Imagine if we had Love, JR and AV? CAVS in 4!

#DoubleNickels

i think you go delladova, kyrie, marion, lebron, and movgov. That way you still have some production from shump and TT from the bench. i still dont think you play Marion and Dova many minutes though. Like see a little more Jones think he gives same thing love did shooting wise, minus the outlet passing.

Cavs in 7, start Miller and Jones but too many errors/missed shots early then pull em.

I'm going Wednesday. Hopefully we are 2-0 after the game.

#DoubleNickels

See, I think we need to start Thompson and Shumpert. I feel like we need to come out blasting. Set the tone early and give our best guys a chance to get a lead. Blatt can still make substitutions in a way that utilizes our players in the best way possible. I do not want to see Jones/Miller playing without Bron in the game since he sets them up so nicely.

Bron and Irving will obviously need 40+ mpg. Mozgov needs 34+ minutes. No more BS'ing around. Guys will need to step up for us to win.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    See, I think we need to start Thompson and Shumpert. I feel like we need to come out blasting. Set the tone early and give our best guys a chance to get a lead. Blatt can still make substitutions in a way that utilizes our players in the best way possible. I do not want to see Jones/Miller playing without Bron in the game since he sets them up so nicely.

Bron and Irving will obviously need 40+ mpg. Mozgov needs 34+ minutes. No more BS'ing around. Guys will need to step up for us to win.
    I feel like that is a very "knee jerk reaction", if you will.

Defensively it makes a ton of sense to throw your next 2 best players out there and it maybe coincidentally or not just happens to be a decent match up against the Bulls. But TT and Moz are a horrible front court combo on offense as neither can stretch the floor out to 23 feet 9 inches(altho Moz can go out to about 15-18 with about a 45% consistency). Also putting Shump out there seems like a good idea at a really high level but he has never been a consistent threat from deep, which again shrinks the floor.

So by inserting TT and Shump may seem like the best choice it really isn't because you're essentially putting all your eggs in the defensive basket which is something the Cavs haven't hung their hat on all season. If the Bulls get past your defense then you're in a tough spot because now down on offense you have no space or room for Kyrie and LBJ to operate which is where they're best and the Cavs have been most successful.

So instead of trying to change your teams entire identity in a week and taking the only 2 real bench players you have out of their roles, you go ahead an continue to go with what has worked all year by inserting Jones and Miller into your starting line-up. The amount of floor space that those 2 guys create just off of reputation would be huge for the Cavs, if either one of em or both of em get going then it stretches the Bulls defense out even further.

Of course the Cavs are going to be putrid on defense with that line up but we've not been a defensive team all year, we just send everything inside to Moz and pray he blocks or alters it. Go ahead an outscore the Bulls and make them match up with us, not vice versa.

Well that wasn't fun. I think Blatt needs to remove Miller from the lineup. At least Delly gave Dunleavy issues. Blatt was out coached in this one. Not completely his fault, because Miller and Jones are awful. It's only one game but I am very concerned. I hate Olynyk and Brad Stevens!!!!

#DoubleNickels

It really doesn't matter. If we can't beat Chicago we have no chance anyways.

#DoubleNickels

Blatt made absolutely zero adjustments to stop anyone on the Bulls all night. He has a lot of work to put in before game 2.

I also realized that we have ****** fans. What happened? I think we get a lot of non-basketball fans that purchase playoff tickets. That used to be our calling.

#DoubleNickels

Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I also realized that we have ****** fans. What happened? I think we get a lot of non-basketball fans that purchase playoff tickets. That used to be our calling.
    they shot themselves in the foot with that one with the whole ticket lottery bull crap...hard to have fan consistency when you pull that stuff...different fans on different nights=different fan reaction it seems
    ....coooookie

Bad moves like trading ROY future star for a one year lease of modern day Matt Bullard. Could had a lineup of Irving, Wiggins, James, Aldridge, Mozgov instead Love will bounce, Lebron will change mind soon as he loses second round like before, even though it was his trade ideas like the first time. Cursed,

Worst trade in the history of the franchise be in denial if you want to but who trades young phenom, for a unproven talent thats never won anything. On a real team hes a utility player, low percentage three point shooter and rebounder cause doesnt play defense. We had wiggins and Shump out there tonight guards would barely scored,Thompson gonna walk cause we pretty much shat on him.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast