Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    I hated that pick. HATED IT!!! What are we thinking, seriously? A guy projected 70-99 and we draft him 26th. What a complete joke. Probably another Jeff Mathis.
    ya its really sad...then in the 2nd theres a really good 2nd baseman who was projected round 1 and they go with OF. Very next selection he goes somewhere else. I just don't get these picks. I really hope they see something that nobody else has.

First 5 picks, 3 outfielders, 1 catcher and a pitcher...wtf is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan1984 View Post
    ya its really sad...then in the 2nd theres a really good 2nd baseman who was projected round 1 and they go with OF. Very next selection he goes somewhere else. I just don't get these picks. I really hope they see something that nobody else has.
    It's funny how they showed the Angels draft room right after they found out their guy wasn't picked at 26. They were all giddy and jumping for joy as if every other team had their eye on him that early. They were the ONLY team that wanted him that early. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    It's funny how they showed the Angels draft room right after they found out their guy wasn't picked at 26. They were all giddy and jumping for joy as if every other team had their eye on him that early. They were the ONLY team that wanted him that early. lol
    I really hope they see someone they can mold into more than just a backup. Catchers in general are not game changing in terms of offense, but they do need to be able to hit.

I really hope they see someone they can mold into more than just a backup. Catchers in general are not game changing in terms of offense, but they do need to be able to hit.
    It is not like the Angels will ever groom a good hitting catcher (Bobby Wilson/Jeff Mathis)
    ah the list goes on and on.

I just hate catchers so much. They suck so bad lol

Other than SF there aren't really any good hitting catchers.

Why did Mike Scioscia say the following on Matt Joyce???

"If they can't get production, there are going to be changes. I take this as "Yes, we're going to be making a run at the AL West and hope to move some pieces around in order to get a guy that can hit and/or get on base more than Matt Joyce." I give Scioscia credit for trying to be diplomatic about it, and he did his best to shield himself from actually having an opinion by trotting out some of his usual cliches and excruciatingly obvious rhetoric"

All the stat on Matt Joyce is horrible left fielder but you can have him start every other day with a payroll
    over $140 million, this management philosophy doesn't make any sense to me, can someone help me???

Dipoto on the way out? I would so much rather have had Scioscia leave.

Dipoto on the way out? I would so much rather have had Scioscia leave.
    Same here. Pathetic.

Is this the first July rainout in Angel Stadium history? The Padres were rained out at Petco Park today too. But I do know for sure that Dodger Stadium has never had a July rainout.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Is this the first July rainout in Angel Stadium history? The Padres were rained out at Petco Park today too. But I do know for sure that Dodger Stadium has never had a July rainout.
    First rainout since 1995.

First rainout since 1995.
    I read an article on LA Times that prior to that June 1995 rainout, Angel Stadium had only had April and September rainouts.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234