Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well, Weaver looks good. Glad to see it. I spoke prematurely, I guess. He looked terrible I didn't have much hope of him turning this around this much. Let's see if he keeps it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Well, Weaver looks good. Glad to see it. I spoke prematurely, I guess. He looked terrible I didn't have much hope of him turning this around this much. Let's see if he keeps it up.
    I'm glad to see it to. Our pitching staff isn't doing too bad this year. Somewhat inconsistent but its the hitting im worried about. They aren't putting together good at bats at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan1984 View Post
    I'm glad to see it to. Our pitching staff isn't doing too bad this year. Somewhat inconsistent but its the hitting im worried about. They aren't putting together good at bats at the moment.
    If Shoemaker has another blowup start, he might be sent to the bullpen or Triple A. No sense in him getting pounded every game when we have other guys licking their chops in the minors that could probably do better. Heaney is 5-0 with a 3.02 ERA and 49 K's in 50 innings in Salt Lake. He might get another shot soon.

If Shoemaker has another blowup start, he might be sent to the bullpen or Triple A. No sense in him getting pounded every game when we have other guys licking their chops in the minors that could probably do better. Heaney is 5-0 with a 3.02 ERA and 49 K's in 50 innings in Salt Lake. He might get another shot soon.
    Shoemaker could be a one year wonder.

Shoemaker just needs to adjust, he's got the stuff to be in the bigs. I'm excited to get Heaney up here soon...although the staff is pitching really well all around right now.

Shoemaker just needs to adjust, he's got the stuff to be in the bigs. I'm excited to get Heaney up here soon...although the staff is pitching really well all around right now.
    Two good starts for Shoemaker in a row. He should be ok.

Two good starts for Shoemaker in a row. He should be ok.
    Our pitching staff is going to be good for a long time at this rate...I like the development of Newcomb and Heaney is knocking on the door. In 2 years we could see a rotation of:

Richards
    Shoemaker
    Skaggs
    Heaney
    Newcomb

I'm hoping we can flip Wilson at some point soon to save some salary. His value is actually pretty good right now and we have his replacement in Heaney.

Our pitching staff is going to be good for a long time at this rate...I like the development of Newcomb and Heaney is knocking on the door. In 2 years we could see a rotation of:

Richards
    Shoemaker
    Skaggs
    Heaney
    Newcomb

I'm hoping we can flip Wilson at some point soon to save some salary. His value is actually pretty good right now and we have his replacement in Heaney.
    Yep. I'm excited about our pitching staff of the future. That's definitely our organizational strength at this point. The hitting doesn't look as good with how much we are overpaying some guys (Mainly Pujols and Hamilton, who isn't even with us). I'm assuming Wilson will be flipped for someone at the deadline next year. We will also have Santiago and Tropeano to choose from as well. We could always trade someone if we need hitting depth. I think Shoemaker is definitely a rotation pitcher. I'm just a bit skeptical of him being a top of the rotation pitcher. I don't think he is. I think he is more of a 4/5. What he did last year was great, but I just don't think he is the pitcher we saw last year. That splitter is good enough for him to be an effective rotation starter though.

I forgot about Tropeano. Hes got good stuff as well! Wonder if we throw in some of these arms for someone like Hamels?

I forgot about Tropeano. Hes got good stuff as well! Wonder if we throw in some of these arms for someone like Hamels?
    I doubt it. Hamels is a beast, but I don't think we are going to be taking on another big contract anytime soon. I know the Phillies would eat some of the salary, but we would still have to pay a good amount. Not to mention, the Phillies are asking for a ridiculous amount in return. We are just starting to replenish our terrible farm system. I don't know if it would be worth giving a lot of it up for a 32 year old pitcher with a big contract. I think we are fine with our pitching staff. As good as our hitting was last year, it may sound weird, but I think hitting is where we need to improve right now.

I doubt it. Hamels is a beast, but I don't think we are going to be taking on another big contract anytime soon. I know the Phillies would eat some of the salary, but we would still have to pay a good amount. Not to mention, the Phillies are asking for a ridiculous amount in return. We are just starting to replenish our terrible farm system. I don't know if it would be worth giving a lot of it up for a 32 year old pitcher with a big contract. I think we are fine with our pitching staff. As good as our hitting was last year, it may sound weird, but I think hitting is where we need to improve right now.
    I totally agree. We don't have a lot of people who can drive in runs. Calhoun is obviously not comfortable in the 4 spot. Need to get him back in the 1 hole. Trout/Pujols/Freese are hitting as of right now not sure how long it lasts. We need 1 more guy behind them to help shoulder the load. I wonder what it would take to pry Tulo away from Colorado or Longoria away from Tampa. Both teams love low cost controlled arms...which we have.

I totally agree. We don't have a lot of people who can drive in runs. Calhoun is obviously not comfortable in the 4 spot. Need to get him back in the 1 hole. Trout/Pujols/Freese are hitting as of right now not sure how long it lasts. We need 1 more guy behind them to help shoulder the load. I wonder what it would take to pry Tulo away from Colorado or Longoria away from Tampa. Both teams love low cost controlled arms...which we have.
    I know. I loved the idea of moving Calhoun to the number four spot. I was definitely pushing for that. He's not producing from there. I say we try it out a bit longer and if it's still not working out, he needs to go back to the lead off spot. I hate Aybar at the lead off spot anyway. I think it's just stupid. But what else would you expect from Scioscia?

I know. I loved the idea of moving Calhoun to the number four spot. I was definitely pushing for that. He's not producing from there. I say we try it out a bit longer and if it's still not working out, he needs to go back to the lead off spot. I hate Aybar at the lead off spot anyway. I think it's just stupid. But what else would you expect from Scioscia?
    Scioscia has had every crap player taken away from him, yet he still finds ways to put players in positions that do not suit their strengths. In all honesty I'm starting to feel a lineup along the lines of:

Giavotella
    Calhoun
    Trout
    Pujols
    Freese
    Joyce
    Cron/whatever random guy who cant hit
    Iannetta
    Aybar

That first round was straight crap as far as drafting goes. So many decent options on the board and they go with a catcher who cant hit...

That first round was straight crap as far as drafting goes. So many decent options on the board and they go with a catcher who cant hit...
    I hated that pick. HATED IT!!! What are we thinking, seriously? A guy projected 70-99 and we draft him 26th. What a complete joke. Probably another Jeff Mathis.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast