Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2015 Angels Game Thread

Probably not even worth creating a new thread for this ghost town of a forum, but I'll do it anyway.

Weaver looks terrible so far. He's consistently throwing an 81-83 MPH fastball. I honestly can't think of anyone else on the top of my head that had a fastball velocity consistently that low. You're not going to get away with many mistakes at that velocity at the pro level. All I am hoping for is that he can be a formidable back end starter for the years he is under contract. The days of him being a top end rotation starter are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Probably not even worth creating a new thread for this ghost town of a forum, but I'll do it anyway.

Weaver looks terrible so far. He's consistently throwing an 81-83 MPH fastball. I honestly can't think of anyone else on the top of my head that had a fastball velocity consistently that low. You're not going to get away with many mistakes at that velocity at the pro level. All I am hoping for is that he can be a formidable back end starter for the years he is under contract. The days of him being a top end rotation starter are done.
    He may have to turn himself into a knuckleballer lol. Its pretty upsetting honestly, he's ok if he can command the zone, outside of that he's just throwing BP.

That would be interesting to see Weaver as a knuckle ball guy. I wonder what the market for him will be when he hits free agencies. He might be throwing a fastball in the mid 70's by then.

What a catch by Trout...the kid is already in mid season form.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    That would be interesting to see Weaver as a knuckle ball guy. I wonder what the market for him will be when he hits free agencies. He might be throwing a fastball in the mid 70's by then.
    If he's throwing low to mid 80's fast balls his knuckles would be like low 70's lol

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan1984 View Post
    What a catch by Trout...the kid is already in mid season form.
    I'm impressed by Giavotella. He's showing plate discipline, making contact with the ball well, and getting big hits. I don't think we could have asked for more from his so far. He needs to lead off in my opinion, at least until he cools off. Put Calhoun in the four spot where he can drive in more runs.

2B Giavotella
    CF Trout
    1B Poo-holes
    RF Calhoun
    DH Cron
    3B Freese
    LF Joyce/Cowgill
    C Iannetta
    SS Aybar
    Last edited by Hangin n Wangin; 05-01-2015 at 02:13 PM.

I agree, I'd move Freese up one spot and give Butera some starts. Iannetta has been garbage at the plate.

Is Jared career is over? I wonder how long will Mike Scioscia allow him to be in starting rotation.
    Maybe he will trip over his shoe laces and land on the DL for 60 days.

Quote Originally Posted by racerx08 View Post
    Is Jared career is over? I wonder how long will Mike Scioscia allow him to be in starting rotation.
    Maybe he will trip over his shoe laces and land on the DL for 60 days.
    Well, Scioscia kept Blanton in the rotation for 23 starts so I'm assuming it'll be at least that. Scioscia is about as incompetent as they come.

This offense is anemic right now...Iannetta needs to be given a week off. I have no clue what to do with weaver too.

Why does this team always start so freaking bad? It's pretty much expected every year now.

ya, really only 1 person who has been consistent from year to year...

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan1984 View Post
    This offense is anemic right now...Iannetta needs to be given a week off. I have no clue what to do with weaver too.
    Great debut game by Perez. His minor league numbers don't suggest that he will be that good of a hitter, but he looked great today. We have to keep him in the line up while he's hot. He changed our momentum tonight. The Astros had to be on some serious drugs to trade Perez and Tropeano for Conger. I mean, seriously? Conger? Perez looks like the better player by himself and add that to the fact that we gained 12 years of team control with these 2 guys over Conger. It just doesn't compute.

I agree...or they thought that conger was a better player than he was. I would assume they thought his numbers would increase with more playing time...turns out he just sucks lol

I hope we've found a catcher in Perez. I'd be happy just to have a catcher with some defensive ability. Seems like we haven't had anyone halfway decent since the Molina Bro's left. (were kicked out unceremoniously like the rest of the '02 winning Angels).

Hey, Poo-holes is better by far than Hamilton was. That's why we brought in Hamilton! To make Albert feel better!

Maybe Weaver has dead arm, and needs a week or two off?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast