Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

76ers will draft D'Angelo Russell?!?

Looks like they will trade down to the 3rd pick, if they get a top 2. But shouldnt they just take the best player available?

The thought around the NBA is that the 76ers hope to select D’Angelo Russell in the NBA draft, according to a league executive.

“He’s the guy they want,” the executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Saturday. “That’s the word around the league. You know the Sixers. They won’t come out and say it, but he’s the guy they want.”

The executive said the team might have to nab one of the top two selections at the draft lottery on May 19 to get the former Ohio State combo guard.

http://philadelphia.suntimes.com/phi...ngelo-russell/

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...for_76ers.html

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2015/0...ngelo-russell/

76ers will draft D'Angelo Russell?!?

I think this guy is a sure thing as far as manufacturing pts at the sg position

we should want Russell but there is no reason to beleive anything that doesnt come from hinkie himself and i can assure you that Pompey didnt get this from hinkie himself, its just kind of obvious speculation due to the fact that Mudiay cant shoot and we already have our 4 and 5 of the future. If he is the target why not try to get a little something out of another team for Towns or Okafor if that opportunity comes up?

"Always go BPA" is the general rule but I think this would be one of those exceptions where it's smart to take Russell over Towns/Okafor. PHI not only has young big men, but GOOD, YOUNG big men. Russell probably isn't as good a prospect as those 2, but he's close. Kind of the perfect storm to make a rare exception, IMO.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    "Always go BPA" is the general rule but I think this would be one of those exceptions where it's smart to take Russell over Towns/Okafor. PHI not only has young big men, but GOOD, YOUNG big men. Russell probably isn't as good a prospect as those 2, but he's close. Kind of the perfect storm to make a rare exception, IMO.
    But why not have one of those assets to trade up in the draft next year for instance, when their contract increase is a year closer?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Trade down to 3rd pick? We could draft anywhere from 1 - 5 depending on the lottery.

OP drafting Townes or Okafor doesn't make sense when you have Noles and Embiid (and Saric), a need for a PG and SG and have guys like Russell and Mudiay available. Trading down to 3 (if he was available) and acquiring additional assets may make sense.

Russell, Mudaiy, Okafor, and Townes all have start potential.

edit....actually 1 - 6 not 1 - 5, I forgot we had 3rd worst record and not second
    Last edited by PhillyFaninLA; 04-28-2015 at 02:04 PM.

Just another rumor... Draft is almost 2 months away. The lottery is still over 3 weeks away. Silly to put any validity to this.

We don't know who they want, where they're drafting, what trade opportunities will be available, etc. Speculation at this point is pretty useless

Please go to the Lakers

D'Angelo ....I hope the Knicks don't pass this kid up.

D'Angelo is my main choice if Okafor is off the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Unprecedented pussification.

Russell will be the best player from this draft.

When is the lottery btw?

Just curious, I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    When is the lottery btw?

Just curious, I don't know
    May 20 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Russell will be the best player from this draft.
    Not better than Okafor

Jeffy25 May 20

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast