Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    965

    2016 Hitting Looking Strong

    With the addition of Hamilton and the development of Fielder willing to DH, I am very encouraged.

    Hamilton will end up being a great LF this year and with the addition of Mazara or Williams next spring, One of those two will make the team next April. Hamilton will be a part of a strong foursome in the outfield since he can also play CF. The Hamilton addition added needed power to this lineup and some more flexibility in the OF.

    Fielder's willingness to go to DH has opened the door to Gallo beginning in September, 2015 and then fulltime in 2016.

    I spent a week in Surprise this March and especially got to see Alfaro and Mazara play a lot. Both were not intimidated by major league pitching. Alfaro's catching skills are still under development and so it is an unknown when he will be ready but when we comes he will be the hitter the Rangers have hoped to have in this lineup. I have to think he will be on this team to stay sometime in 2016.

    Profar will start 2016 and only time will tell if he ever actually impacts this team.

    Choo, Mazara, Fielder, Beltre, Hamilton, Gallo, Alfaro, Andrus, Odor is a dream lineup of power, average, speed and mixture of experience and youth.

    Just one more year, guys.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by texassooner View Post
    With the addition of Hamilton and the development of Fielder willing to DH, I am very encouraged.

    Hamilton will end up being a great LF this year and with the addition of Mazara or Williams next spring, One of those two will make the team next April. Hamilton will be a part of a strong foursome in the outfield since he can also play CF. The Hamilton addition added needed power to this lineup and some more flexibility in the OF.

    Fielder's willingness to go to DH has opened the door to Gallo beginning in September, 2015 and then fulltime in 2016.

    I spent a week in Surprise this March and especially got to see Alfaro and Mazara play a lot. Both were not intimidated by major league pitching. Alfaro's catching skills are still under development and so it is an unknown when he will be ready but when we comes he will be the hitter the Rangers have hoped to have in this lineup. I have to think he will be on this team to stay sometime in 2016.

    Profar will start 2016 and only time will tell if he ever actually impacts this team.

    Choo, Mazara, Fielder, Beltre, Hamilton, Gallo, Alfaro, Andrus, Odor is a dream lineup of power, average, speed and mixture of experience and youth.

    Just one more year, guys.
    We have three really strong outfield prospects in Brinson, Williams and Mazara, but I think your projection for 2016 is very ambitious. All three guys are superb athletes but are lacking in skills and experience. They all strike out way too much, struggle in pitch recognition, and rarely take walks. Those guys normally take longer to develop. Since the oldest is Brinson at 21, I think it will still be a little while before they are contributing at the major league level.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    We have three really strong outfield prospects in Brinson, Williams and Mazara, but I think your projection for 2016 is very ambitious. All three guys are superb athletes but are lacking in skills and experience. They all strike out way too much, struggle in pitch recognition, and rarely take walks. Those guys normally take longer to develop. Since the oldest is Brinson at 21, I think it will still be a little while before they are contributing at the major league level.
    OK. I am only suggesting one of the OF prospects makes it in 2016...so that doesn't sound too ambitious to me. My prediction is for only one OF (probably) Mazara making it by April and Alfaro + Gallo making it sometime in 2016. I don't think that is overly aggressive. All three are being projected as major leaguers. All three are in AA to start this season. Alfaro's bat is already there. They are waiting for his catching skills to mature. Gallo's issue is K's but the power is already there. Gallo is a real student of the game not just a swinger.

    I think the prediction of sometime in 2016 for Gallo and Alfaro is reasonable.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,153
    I see Gallo getting a call after the first month of 2016, like Kris Bryant got this year. Alfaro will see significant AAA time. He is still striking out a third of the time and needs to develop a little discipline.

    Mazara is a baby, he JUST turned 20. He is a fantastic prospect but I don't think the team will rush him because they're not competitive (and because they have some pricy commitments in the outfield). Nick Williams is in a similar mold but he's even further out.

    We won't see any of the OF prospects in the majors before 2017. I think Gallo, Chi Chi Gonzalez will get a callup either this year or early next. Alfaro might be a depth guy in AAA for a while but it will take him time to get comfortable and to learn to lay off pitches. He might get his debut next year, but he wont see full time play earlier than 2017 either.

    Rangers have a good system, but these guys are a little too young to really consider helping out this team as is.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    I see Gallo getting a call after the first month of 2016, like Kris Bryant got this year. Alfaro will see significant AAA time. He is still striking out a third of the time and needs to develop a little discipline.

    Mazara is a baby, he JUST turned 20. He is a fantastic prospect but I don't think the team will rush him because they're not competitive (and because they have some pricy commitments in the outfield). Nick Williams is in a similar mold but he's even further out.

    We won't see any of the OF prospects in the majors before 2017. I think Gallo, Chi Chi Gonzalez will get a callup either this year or early next. Alfaro might be a depth guy in AAA for a while but it will take him time to get comfortable and to learn to lay off pitches. He might get his debut next year, but he wont see full time play earlier than 2017 either.

    Rangers have a good system, but these guys are a little too young to really consider helping out this team as is.
    These are good guesses but in actuality, I think their performance this year will determine their timing of arrival. If Gallo struggles initially with AA your timing will probably work. However, if he dominates AA and demonstrates improved K rates he will get his ticket to AAA by mid-summer and then will be called up in September.

    Mazaro dominated last year and is doing well thus far in AA. It is conceivable that he makes RF next year on this team. If Alfaro can improve his receiving skills enough this season he will come up sometime next season.

    So, we have both expressed our opinions. We'll sit back and watch. Not much else to do.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,247
    Dream lineup? Really? Choo, Andrus, Hamilton, Beltre - We will be lucky if these 4 collectively hit .240. I am much more optimistic about the pitching next year than the offense.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Dream lineup? Really? Choo, Andrus, Hamilton, Beltre - We will be lucky if these 4 collectively hit .240. I am much more optimistic about the pitching next year than the offense.
    I was actually going to eventually talk about the pitching. I don't think highly of Andrus but I doubt Choo, Hamilton, Beltre and Fielder have all forgotten how to hit even if this season has had a tough beginning. Gallo, Mazara or Williams and Alfaro - when those guys arrive, will only bolster this lineup. But, to each their own.

    Reality will settle the matter between the optimistic and pessimistic. In the meanwhile I'm leaning to the positive.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Dream lineup? Really? Choo, Andrus, Hamilton, Beltre - We will be lucky if these 4 collectively hit .240. I am much more optimistic about the pitching next year than the offense.
    How are you feeling about the offense lately? LOL

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by texassooner View Post
    How are you feeling about the offense lately? LOL
    I don't know if I would have highlighted Andrus, lol. It's still too early for Josh, he's still adjusting to MLB speed. The other two, Prince, and even Mitch have all turned it around lately.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

    Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •