Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    i think we will trade up a few spots in the 1st. around 15 or so.. and i dont think we will draft a DL or OL in the 1st..

i hope we draft gurly or coleman in the 1st and a OG/RT in the 2nd and 3rd.. somehow turn our 5th into a 4th and draft a DT..

Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I got a strange feeling that we are more likely to trade up than trade down especially in the 1st round
    at least im not the only one who thinks this

Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner

If we draft Coleman(Tevin Coleman right?) I would

IMO there are only 2 RBs worthy of being selected in the 1st

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

My draft prediction is Danny Shelton is the pick @ #23.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    My draft prediction is Danny Shelton is the pick @ #23.
    I would be ecstatic I just don't see how he falls esp with Browns loving Shelton and having picks 12 and 19

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    I would be ecstatic I just don't see how he falls esp with Browns loving Shelton and having picks 12 and 19
    Right that is the team that scares me taking him. Only reason I'm predicting this is I was reading Mel Kipers mock drafts and I noticed He started slipping over the last couple months. it's just a gut feeling of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Fowler is going to JAX at 3, Arik Armstead also can play 4-3 DE and move inside on passing downs he would be an absolute monster at DE on run downs without a doubt in my mind
    That's more of the media projecting that than the team's interest in him. They have Vic Beasley higher than Fowler. The intention was to trade out with the Browns or Saints and get 2 first round selections in hopes to land Todd Gurley but now since Gurley's draft position could go as highly as 6, that option is looking less likely. The LEO is probably going to be addressed in round 2 with Eli Harold as he has the desired measurables that Gus Bradley looks for in a LEO. The pick is going to be Amari Cooper regardless of what happens with Justin Blackmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Right that is the team that scares me taking him. Only reason I'm predicting this is I was reading Mel Kipers mock drafts and I noticed He started slipping over the last couple months. it's just a gut feeling of mine.
    Yeah, not only them, but every team between those exact picks is a landing spot for Shelton. We would have to dodge 8 bullets and Pittsburgh in order to make him a Lion, but I hope he is not the pick. Nothing against it, just want to go in a different direction.

rocket's new sig is da best
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    If we draft Coleman(Tevin Coleman right?) I would

IMO there are only 2 RBs worthy of being selected in the 1st
    For what it's worth stats say he made people miss on only 12% of his carries. Gurley, Gordon were near the 20% mark.

I do think thought the speed Coleman has and playing on the Ford Field turf would be deadly for the opposition. Similar to the impact Reggie Bush had his first year here before all of his injuries. I just don't want him in the first, if we were to take a back in the first imo it has to be Gordon or Gurley. I'm actually starting to like the idea of TJ Yeldon though he's rumored to be rising high on draft boards so he might not be available in the third as he was rumored to be earlier this offseason.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing something where we move a bit down in the draft 1st round or 2nd and picking up an extra 3rd or picking up a fourth. I do see us taking an OL or DL in the 1st and 2nd round. Guys La'el Collins, DJ Humphries or Cameron Irving are good to take in the first. I'd have no problem with Danny Shelton or Malcolm Brown in the first as DT. We aren't going to fix every need everyone knows that here, we do need OL, DL, RB and CB but to draft in such an order like that is dumb. I just hate the idea of passing on a better football player to fill a need. I will say in all this we do need a rb and this is the class to do it in. I'm just going to make a small list of wants a avoids for positions of need.

OL Wants- Humphries, Erving, Flowers, Collins, AJ Cann, Donovan Smith, Cedric Ogbuehi,
    OL Avoids- I think almost all 1st and 2nd round lineman are pretty solid. Not really sold on Jake Fisher.

DT Wants- Brown, Shelton, Bennett, Edwards JR, X Cooper
    DT Avoids- Carl Davis (He's a run plug and he gets pushed around a lot), E Goldman

RB Wants- Gurley, MG3, Duke Johnson, David Johnson (my fave of the rb's besides Gurley and MG3) M Davis, D Cobb
    RB Avoids- T Coleman, T Yeldon, A Abdullah, J Ajayi

I really hope this season we see a guy wearing D Johnson in our backfield. I rank Duke the 3rd best rb in this class and David the 4th best

RB class seems a lot deeper this year...I think we can afford to pass in round 1 and still find a good back later on.

Detroit Lions v Carolina Panthers
    Getty Images
    A playoff team from a season ago reportedly has some interest in dealing out of its spot in the final 10 picks of Round One.

The Lions have reached out to clubs about potentially trading back from the No. 23 overall pick, Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com reports.

Detroit has six draft choices. The club lacks a selection in Round Four after dealing it to Baltimore for defensive tackle Haloti Ngata.

Supply and demand could tell the tale on whether Detroit can make a move backwards in the draft order. The No. 23 spot could be attractive to clubs worried about teams picking from Nos. 24-32 snapping up a prospect who has slid unexpectedly.

The Lions made a pair of trades in the 2014 draft, trading up for linebacker Kyle Van Noy in Round Two and trading back in Round Five, picking up defensive tackle Caraun Reid (fifth round) and kicker Nate Freese (seventh round).
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    i think we will trade up a few spots in the 1st. around 15 or so.. and i dont think we will draft a DL or OL in the 1st..

i hope we draft gurly or coleman in the 1st and a OG/RT in the 2nd and 3rd.. somehow turn our 5th into a 4th and draft a DT..
    I would not take Coleman in the 1st. He has good upside, but imo, he is the most likely to bust out of the top running backs.

I'm hoping for one of Gurley, Gordon, La'el Collins, Marcus Peters

My dream draft for the first 3 rounds if we stay at 23 would be:

1st- Malcolm Brown or Arik Armstead
    2nd- Laken Tomlinson or AJ Cann
    3rd- Duke Johnson

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast