Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Ian. Guest
    Taylor still should have value as a shortstop because of his defensive abilities. I just don't think Miller should have been moved off. He does have some wonky stuff with his throws that may cause more errors than normal, but his range numbers are solid and he hits.

As long as Miller at least gets a crack to be a center fielder (and hopefully succeeds) then I think it's fine. But if Taylor doesn't hit at all, his defense won't be amazing enough to carry him like prime Brendan Ryan. I'm hoping Marte is legit, because I just don't have a ton of confidence in Taylor.

super disappointed in walker. i thought he was ready.

Ian. Guest
    Cruz in the outfield...

Awful. Lloyd doesn't know how to evaluate talent or defense at all. Against a lefty, when Weeks is going to be on the lineup, sure, toss him out there are DH weeks. But otherwise, he doesn't belong out there. Smith in right, Jackson in CF when he is back (Ruggiano until then) and Miller in left. Against lefties, Ruggiano in LF, Jackson in CF, Cruz in RF.

Ultimately though, go get Carlos Gomez. Full time in CF. Ackley goes away if he doesn't start hitting. Smith/Ruggs platoon in RF, Miller and Jackson/Weeks (DH) platoon in LF. Win games.

Gomez CF
    Smith/Ruggs RF
    Cano 2B
    Cruz DH
    Seager 3B
    LoMo
    Miller/Weeks/Jackson
    Zunino
    Taylor

That's a team that can score runs. Cano has me really worried though. Power is truly gone at this point, isn't walking, striking out at a career high clip, swinging at a bunch of ****.

Ian. Guest
    Sign me up for Gomez for sure.

how we going to get gomez? sounds like a pipe dream.

cruz at DH . hopefully his OF days will die except for IL. i understand he prefers OF but i was hoping lloyd had the stones to not to give in to him. i imagine its not easy when cruz is highly paid vet and scary dude but i hate hiding behind his offensive production as an OFer. i don't think he's going to try any less as a DH. he was paid a fortune to be a hitter, he needs to get over his defensive preference, and that is lloyd's job to convey that. i like lloyd but he's been disappointing this year. i highly doubt lloyd sees value in cruz as OFer, maybe over weeks but thats it.

Ian. Guest
    Give them whatever they want for Gomez. Prospects turn into *** in the majors anyways.

He actually has hit worse as a DH for his career. There is evidence that the DH penalty is a thing.

How is it a pipe dream to get Gomez? It won't be cheap, but no doubt he will be available.

Ian. Guest
    Lloyd clearly thinks Cruz playing outfield allows him to hit well.

Just watch them move to DH and he starts regressing and they blame it on the move

i just see the only way to get gomez is our pitching staff turns into AAA around felix. its a little shaky as is. maybe zunino? that would be balsy and who knows what other teams value him at anyways.

my concern with cruz is his offensive is going to cool way off regardless. its encouraging he's been torrid to start but not too sustainable, look at last year.

DJ Peterson. Ketel Marte. Edwin Diaz.

Ian. Guest
    I'd do that in a second.

I don't know that I would do all of them. Maybe Peterson and Diaz with another piece (Ackley? They aren't going anywhere and it wouldn't hurt for them to take a chance on him as a throw in).

I'm so sick of mediocrity regardless of who the team acquires.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast