Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    So do we root for the Mariners to lose so Zduriencik is fired and somebody else is brought in and the players are developed the right way?

No. I just don't know if they fire him anyway. I will never root for the team to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    So do we root for the Mariners to lose so Zduriencik is fired and somebody else is brought in and the players are developed the right way?
    They are 4 games out of the 2nd wild card with over 130 games to play. Is this your first year following baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterIssues:29926503
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    They are 4 games out of the 2nd wild card with over 130 games to play. Is this your first year following baseball?
    Have you seen the Mariners this year? The past 6?

The thing is, the As and Angels haven't been good either.

6. 05-13-2015, 01:12 AM
    Reason
    Insults - SFrush90

can't get too high or too low. until maybe august.

If they go 10-8 the rest of May they are .500. Not too difficult, especially if they play like they have the last week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    If they go 10-8 the rest of May they are .500. Not too difficult, especially if they play like they have the last week or so.
    things are normalizeing some and we are winning games which is encouraging. we def shouldn't win tonight with shields undefeated vs walker who is not good so getting a 5th in a row tonight would be cool.

good signs from zunino. i looked at the 2012 MLB draft and he's got by far most big league experience, close to 90% of players in first couple rounds haven't even debuted. he was rushed big time. I'm terribly impatient, but zunino warrants patience, he's got the makeup i believe to accept the degree of offensive failure and grind through it and develop.

Ian. Guest
    I'm not one to bail on players too soon normally but how long until we start worrying about shortstop?

I am concerned that Taylor may not be able to handle major league pitching and I don't know if his defense is good enough to be able to deal with the lack of offense. The problem is that there's really no depth at the position to draw from.

Do they give him as long a leash as they gave Smoak and are seemingly giving Ackley because he's at a thinner position?

Should still be Miller, but I'll give Taylor a bit more time I suppose. Marte is supposedly looking good in AAA, but don't want to rush him.

Ian. Guest
    Miller has some wonky throws more often than he should.

I think Taylor can be a couple WAR guy when it's all said and done and maybe we can get by with that if its defense and his bat doesn't completely kill us.

Yeah, but he seems fine, if not good, at everything else, and his bat plays so much better there. If Taylor shows he can do enough to be a defense first 9-hitter, then I am all for Miller to the outfield. But if not, I'll take Miller's bat there since it's a lot easier to find an OF than it is a SS.

Unless you go after Tulo, who apparently wants a trade. It would take a ton though, and our farm system isn't really that good right now.

Ian. Guest
    You can definitely bet they'll be in on Tulo.

Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Yeah, but he seems fine, if not good, at everything else, and his bat plays so much better there. If Taylor shows he can do enough to be a defense first 9-hitter, then I am all for Miller to the outfield. But if not, I'll take Miller's bat there since it's a lot easier to find an OF than it is a SS.

Unless you go after Tulo, who apparently wants a trade. It would take a ton though, and our farm system isn't really that good right now.
    does miller have enough bat to be in OF tho? i agree you have to look at taylor as our 9 hitter.

i didnt really like miller moving off full-time SS so quickly and being forced to learn new positions on the fly while he still needs to develop offensively. but i guess we can thank jackson's injury and ackley and weeks absolutely sucking for that.

Ian. Guest

Mariners Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    does miller have enough bat to be in OF tho? i agree you have to look at taylor as our 9 hitter.

i didnt really like miller moving off full-time SS so quickly and being forced to learn new positions on the fly while he still needs to develop offensively. but i guess we can thank jackson's injury and ackley and weeks absolutely sucking for that.
    I think he does for center field.

I definitely don't care for them bailing on Miller at his most valuable so quickly. Kinda like Ackley.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast